Mercury discussion

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Mercury discussion

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  titan 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

I’d like to open the floor for discussing mercury/heavy metal toxicity – it’s a very complex subject and I’d like opinions, please!

1. Personal experiences
    2. Research & treatment options
    3 Combining a Mercury Detox Protocol alongside a Candida Protocol
    4. Successes
    5. Safety & Risks

For example —

1. I had several symptoms that led me to research mercury toxicity. Research says that Dr. Andy Cutler is the authority on the subject. My experience is I have met the “counting rules” using a hair test for toxic elements through DDI (Yahoo Group on Frequent Dose Chelation has instructions for members). The test result, along with my autoimmune disease that is linked to Mercury, and my symptoms of tingling or numb hands, arms, and feet — have led me to research a Mercury Detox Protocol designed by this chemist, Andy Cutler.

2. If Mercury is the root of my health problem, then the good news is there’s a cure for both it AND thus, yeast.

A Mercury Detox protocol can last from 1-3 years. Treatment can be an up & down process. My research has indicated the safest method for Mercury Detox from both the BODY and the BRAIN is by using oral chelation agents (pills) every 3-4 hours, for 3+ ON days, followed by 3+ OFF days. During these OFF days, side effects can include fatigue, fog, etc. But side effects can be managed by both lowering the dose of the chelation agent, and by the use of supplements designed to replace lost minerals from the detox process.

3. I’ve heard other candida forum members suggest loosening up the anti-candida diet since the patient will be on such a long mercury detox protocol.

I’m considering adding a few things that will still allow me to cope day to day – such as almond butter, more chicken on a weekly basis, maybe even some gluten-free stuff.

4. I’ve read online, looking for mercury detox success stories, and let me say, there are more of those successes than for candida overgrowth. But, it’s not like you can ever find stories on the internet of someone 2+ years past their full healing point that has reintroduced EVERYTHING back into a diet, with no reactions. That said, the summary of 2 mercury success stories from 2010 & 2011 —

Example #1
    “I started chelating roughly a year ago, have just finished my 39 round now at 50 DMSA and 30 ALA.
    I can honestly say that I’m cured. I haven’t really wanted to be so bold and say that out loud. But it has been a month now that I feel back to normal.My symptoms resolved bit by bit as I went along and then quite quickly during the last 2 months. In fact I feel really fantastic now comparatively. My energy is back to perfect. Mental symptoms resolved, mood improved, skin issues gone and so much more….

That feeling that ‘something is deeply wrong’ has disappeared and that is the most important symptom of all to go. Throughout this illness I never really looked that ill (except for extreme weight loss), but I knew all along SOMETHING WAS VERY WRONG. Not even the people closest to me got it (living alone helped), nor do they get it today. It is like I got slowly sick, then quickly sick, then slowly well, then quickly well and nobody noticed a thing ;-)”

Example #2

“I thought I better post this now, I should have months ago. I have not been here for quite a while because all of my symptoms cleared up.

The last things to clear were the digestive issues, e.g. 6 months in I could tolerate carrots, squashes, a few months later foods like leeks, garlic, onions. Then rice, 3 months after that potatoes, another 3 months bread. At this point I was a good 15 months in. Also worth mentioning throughout the time I was chelating I was trying foods out and then all of a sudden I would not get fatigued, or have digestive issues. So it was not just a one off, I think I will try that and I was fine.

In the beginning of treatment, I used low carb to control symptoms with oils/fats for calories and then chelated to resolve the issues. After 3 months I could run for 5 mins and walk for a few miles. At first I had real recovery issues but after the first few occasions I started to tolerate exercise better. I had all the digestive issues clear gradually as mentioned above as did all the other issues.

My weight is now normal and I weight train again, I can also work long hours. Not to say this is
    the norm just that I can do it. I can literally do very aggressive training again with normal recovery times and this really surprised me the most.

I am now at round 107 just about 2yrs of chelation. Started out at 25mg dmsa/4hrs. 5 rounds went to 50mg, 10 rounds went to 25mg dmsa/50mg ala. Stopped DMSA round 45. Increase ALA to 100mg shortly
    after but started getting issues with pains in my fingers after 8 rounds or so. So then just stayed at 50mg ALA per dose each round for
    the rest of the time till now.

I started to tolerate alcohol at round 80-85. I started with a glass every so often of organic red wine. I believe it has practically 0g sugar left if thats of any interest to people with reactions to sugar. Now I can tolerate getting very drunk, (once in a while at a special occasions). Otherwise I just share a bottle of wine with my wife.

My libido was something that came back late on around round 90. I did have the odd patch where it seemed to come and go before then. But at around round 90 it was permanent.

In terms of my diet now, I avoid all the polyunsaturated fats fried or in margarines etc. I just have some udo oil, olive, coconut with foods. I eat sourdough rye bread every other day. Rice most days,
    potatoes a few times, some pasta although this is the gluten free kind, just a personal choice. The odd bit of white or brown wheat based bread. Organic biscuits made with palm oil, organic flapjacks
    made with butter. The odd chinese or indian meal. The odd cake. This is what I always looked for when speaking to people about candida/dysbiosis etc. When can I go back to being normal as such or
    maybe put another way tolerate foods that others can. It never happened until I chelated enough. I don’t know if anyone recovered other ways, I personally never came across anyone over the last 4 years.

5. Safety — I’m interested if any of you guys/girls out there have come across risks (short or long term) of using a Oral Chelation, Frequent Dose, by Andy Cutler, PhD. Able says mercury chelation is considered a safe process at this time.

Thanks,

Titan

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am going to start a chelation protocol in the coming weeks and its going to involve taking cholera (might be mispell) and other supplements. My naturopath said I am going to start and stop chelation over a period of months, so I won’t be doing it continuously.

When you start chelation, it should only be done when your body is pH neutral according to my naturopath because if you are acidic, you will lose too many beneficial minerals. Chelation removes the good minerals with the bad if you are acidic in other words.

I started my alkalization therapy recently and trying to get my pH to 7.2 or so. I am at 6.8 currently before starting this, so it shouldn’t take very long. If you raise your pH too much, you get kidney stones.

Probiotics also remove mercury within the body as well as certain food sources such as pumpkin.

I would be concerned about other heavy metals as well, not just mercury.

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

titan;35125 wrote: I’d like to open the floor for discussing mercury/heavy metal toxicity – it’s a very complex subject and I’d like opinions, please!

1. Personal experiences
    2. Research & treatment options
    3 Combining a Mercury Detox Protocol alongside a Candida Protocol
    4. Successes
    5. Safety & Risks

For example —

1. I had several symptoms that led me to research mercury toxicity. Research says that Dr. Andy Cutler is the authority on the subject. My experience is I have met the “counting rules” using a hair test for toxic elements through DDI (Yahoo Group on Frequent Dose Chelation has instructions for members). The test result, along with my autoimmune disease that is linked to Mercury, and my symptoms of tingling or numb hands, arms, and feet — have led me to research a Mercury Detox Protocol designed by this chemist, Andy Cutler.

2. If Mercury is the root of my health problem, then the good news is there’s a cure for both it AND thus, yeast.

A Mercury Detox protocol can last from 1-3 years. Treatment can be an up & down process. My research has indicated the safest method for Mercury Detox from both the BODY and the BRAIN is by using oral chelation agents (pills) every 3-4 hours, for 3+ ON days, followed by 3+ OFF days. During these OFF days, side effects can include fatigue, fog, etc. But side effects can be managed by both lowering the dose of the chelation agent, and by the use of supplements designed to replace lost minerals from the detox process.

3. I’ve heard other candida forum members suggest loosening up the anti-candida diet since the patient will be on such a long mercury detox protocol.

I’m considering adding a few things that will still allow me to cope day to day – such as almond butter, more chicken on a weekly basis, maybe even some gluten-free stuff.

4. I’ve read online, looking for mercury detox success stories, and let me say, there are more of those successes than for candida overgrowth. But, it’s not like you can ever find stories on the internet of someone 2+ years past their full healing point that has reintroduced EVERYTHING back into a diet, with no reactions. That said, the summary of 2 mercury success stories from 2010 & 2011 —

Example #1
    “I started chelating roughly a year ago, have just finished my 39 round now at 50 DMSA and 30 ALA.
    I can honestly say that I’m cured. I haven’t really wanted to be so bold and say that out loud. But it has been a month now that I feel back to normal.My symptoms resolved bit by bit as I went along and then quite quickly during the last 2 months. In fact I feel really fantastic now comparatively. My energy is back to perfect. Mental symptoms resolved, mood improved, skin issues gone and so much more….

That feeling that ‘something is deeply wrong’ has disappeared and that is the most important symptom of all to go. Throughout this illness I never really looked that ill (except for extreme weight loss), but I knew all along SOMETHING WAS VERY WRONG. Not even the people closest to me got it (living alone helped), nor do they get it today. It is like I got slowly sick, then quickly sick, then slowly well, then quickly well and nobody noticed a thing ;-)”

Example #2

“I thought I better post this now, I should have months ago. I have not been here for quite a while because all of my symptoms cleared up.

The last things to clear were the digestive issues, e.g. 6 months in I could tolerate carrots, squashes, a few months later foods like leeks, garlic, onions. Then rice, 3 months after that potatoes, another 3 months bread. At this point I was a good 15 months in. Also worth mentioning throughout the time I was chelating I was trying foods out and then all of a sudden I would not get fatigued, or have digestive issues. So it was not just a one off, I think I will try that and I was fine.

In the beginning of treatment, I used low carb to control symptoms with oils/fats for calories and then chelated to resolve the issues. After 3 months I could run for 5 mins and walk for a few miles. At first I had real recovery issues but after the first few occasions I started to tolerate exercise better. I had all the digestive issues clear gradually as mentioned above as did all the other issues.

My weight is now normal and I weight train again, I can also work long hours. Not to say this is
    the norm just that I can do it. I can literally do very aggressive training again with normal recovery times and this really surprised me the most.

I am now at round 107 just about 2yrs of chelation. Started out at 25mg dmsa/4hrs. 5 rounds went to 50mg, 10 rounds went to 25mg dmsa/50mg ala. Stopped DMSA round 45. Increase ALA to 100mg shortly
    after but started getting issues with pains in my fingers after 8 rounds or so. So then just stayed at 50mg ALA per dose each round for
    the rest of the time till now.

I started to tolerate alcohol at round 80-85. I started with a glass every so often of organic red wine. I believe it has practically 0g sugar left if thats of any interest to people with reactions to sugar. Now I can tolerate getting very drunk, (once in a while at a special occasions). Otherwise I just share a bottle of wine with my wife.

My libido was something that came back late on around round 90. I did have the odd patch where it seemed to come and go before then. But at around round 90 it was permanent.

In terms of my diet now, I avoid all the polyunsaturated fats fried or in margarines etc. I just have some udo oil, olive, coconut with foods. I eat sourdough rye bread every other day. Rice most days,
    potatoes a few times, some pasta although this is the gluten free kind, just a personal choice. The odd bit of white or brown wheat based bread. Organic biscuits made with palm oil, organic flapjacks
    made with butter. The odd chinese or indian meal. The odd cake. This is what I always looked for when speaking to people about candida/dysbiosis etc. When can I go back to being normal as such or
    maybe put another way tolerate foods that others can. It never happened until I chelated enough. I don’t know if anyone recovered other ways, I personally never came across anyone over the last 4 years.

5. Safety — I’m interested if any of you guys/girls out there have come across risks (short or long term) of using a Oral Chelation, Frequent Dose, by Andy Cutler, PhD. Able says mercury chelation is considered a safe process at this time.

Thanks,

Titan

You have the information. Yes, Andy Cutler protocol is the best around. My advice is you should research about DMSA and neutropenia. It isn’t a good choice for candida sufferers. I guess you know you must NOT have silver fillings if you begin chelation. If so, you need to remove them safety and wait at least 3 months before to begin chelation. The ideal to start is DMPS if you find an script to get it. 4 or 5 months chelating with it will allow you to introduce ALA that cross the BBB. Then, a minimum of 3 days a week every 3 hours, you can do it regulating the dosage according to your side effects. Begin with a minimum and rise the doses gradually after 6 months or so.

I forgot, I have been a member of the Cutler Yahoo Group since the last 3 years. I also own his book and Getting The Mercury Out too.

Jorge.

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Thanks guys. I’ve read Amalgam Illness book and Getting The Mercury Out.

I’ll research the DMSA/neutropenia connection with candida sufferers.

I read about a doctor in Seattle that can prescribe DMPS (from the book Getting The Mercury Out). Does anyone know other helpful ways to find a doctor in the Mid South of USA?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mercury discussion’ is closed to new replies.