Mercury Detox

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Mercury Detox

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  approximately_me 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

pomacanthus
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 15

Is there a sticky somewhere for mercury detox?
    Every website seems to vary in scope and process, not to mention product.

As a newbie Im getting the idea that its pretty important and I want to do it right.
    All my amalgams were removed years ago, then i read somewhere your body gets rid of it on its own
    then I read somewhere else it does not.

Any help or links appreciated maybe I just missed the step by step
    This should be a sticky if it is not already?

TIA

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

I would recommend starting with the article ThomasJoel2 just linked to personally.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

When it comes to specifically detoxing mercury I think Andy Cutler is the authority on the subject.

He has two books: Amalgam Illness and Hair Test Interpretation. Both are must-reads if you are mercury toxic.

I’d also recommend checking out Amy Yasko’s Autism: Pathways to Recovery to get a different perspective on the situation. She takes a slightly more broad approach and doesn’t just concentrate on the mercury problem. Her program also takes your individual genetics into account.

Both perspectives are ones you should be familiar with.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you want to detox from it properly I would consult a professional. Treating this on your own could be problematic and you could lose too many beneficial minerals. If your pH is not close to neutral you will lose more beneficial minerals than is necessary. If you lose too many beneficial minerals you could develop problems like osteoporosis, arthritis, etc.

-raster

pomacanthus

Thanks

I guess first I get tested
    I’m just assuming at this point
    I’m detoxing everything else so it seemed like a good idea lol

didn’t realize the mineral issue so thanks! thats a pretty big deal 🙂

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

pomacanthus;52005 wrote: Thanks

I guess first I get tested
    I’m just assuming at this point
    I’m detoxing everything else so it seemed like a good idea lol

didn’t realize the mineral issue so thanks! thats a pretty big deal 🙂

While raster would disagree, Andy Cutler does not believe the mineral issue is true.

Here is a Q&A:

> I am getting crazy to
    > try chelation but am hesitant as it will pull alot more out of him
    > than heavy metals, correct?…all minerals and vitamins too?

No. This is a voodoo chant some witch doctors incant who got a
    courtesy C- in chemistry so they could to on to medical school. DMSA
    has no significant effect on the body balance of essential elements or
    of vitamins.

pomacanthus

I called around for hair testing, only place I could find locally was $699 lol
    Thats not really in my budget. Boodtest for the basically the same (5 heavy metals) was $400

I’m curious because I eat a lot of fish compared to the average american (2X per week)
    Mostly farm raised salmon which is extremely low in Mercury from my source, but then there is
    the sushi which is 1-2X per week always Tuna. Anyway Im rambling now but would nice to find out
    for say “under $300” lol

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

pomacanthus;52077 wrote: I called around for hair testing, only place I could find locally was $699 lol
    Thats not really in my budget. Boodtest for the basically the same (5 heavy metals) was $400

I’m curious because I eat a lot of fish compared to the average american (2X per week)
    Mostly farm raised salmon which is extremely low in Mercury from my source, but then there is
    the sushi which is 1-2X per week always Tuna. Anyway Im rambling now but would nice to find out
    for say “under $300” lol

Here’s the test you want: http://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/hair_elements_hair_analysis_test.html

I will tell you that I became mercury toxic after going on a high fish diet so it’s definitely possible. I was eating lots of farm raised salmon and the occasional tuna for roughly 2 1/2 years and that was enough to push me over the edge. I have had no amalgam fillings although my mother had two while I was in vitro.

I will again point you back to the Hair Test Interpretation book I previously recommended as it will tell you how to interpret your hair test results in order to determine mercury toxicity. It’s not as simple as simply looking at the mercury levels in your hair. Instead, you have to look for deranged mineral transport which Cutler’s “counting rules” will help you determine.

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

Why test? Just chelate using the Cutler method. Here are the rules:

http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/

I’m not taking all the supps he recommends – just molyb, zinc, mg, and vit e and c. Plus milk thistle.

It doesn’t pull other minerals out, just heavy metals. Maybe zinc if you use Algin (type of seaweed supposedly helps with redistribution). HG does interfere with other minerals though, but go slow. Dmsa/ala will flare candida though, so start with low doses.

-MGL

pomacanthus

Great Link thanks!
    I need to confirm with my dentist I don’t have amalgams under my crowns or bridge before I start this
    never occurred to me their could be amalgams under neath my crown, yikes he is going to think Ive flipped lol.

I the meantime I think I order the hair test if its not too expensive.

B

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

pomacanthus;52084 wrote: Great Link thanks!
    I need to confirm with my dentist I don’t have amalgams under my crowns or bridge before I start this
    never occurred to me their could be amalgams under neath my crown, yikes he is going to think Ive flipped lol.

I the meantime I think I order the hair test if its not too expensive.

B

Those can literally generate a measurable low current non stop, and that has really screwed up some people, all types of symptoms and diseases. Dissimiliar metals in contact have that effect. Read up on it and you might as well read up on how all root canals are infected teeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJxlksFy9fE

Everybody needs to pay attn to this

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

Pomacanthus: I have new copies of both of Cutler’s books–which I thought I was going to need but I don’t think I will. I need some extra cash and so was going to sell them. Let me know if you’re interested…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mercury Detox’ is closed to new replies.