Mercury and Th2 dominance.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Mercury and Th2 dominance.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Hi all,
    One of the forum members sent me this abstract that mentions how mercury induces a Th2 polarized immune response.

The immune response that defends us against a mucosal candidiasis is Th1. With an immune system polarized toward to Th2 as a result of chronic mercury toxicity or leaking amalgams, it is impossible to cure a chronic yeast infection.
    You may manage it with a diet and supplements but never will be able to release the diet and to stop the supplements without relapsing.
    It is the immune system what keeps the yeast in check helped by the antagonistic friendly flora.

Rescue your immune system balancing Th1/Th2, and the yeast will be gone with a short treatment.

Jorge.

Th1/Th2 balance: the hypothesis, its limitations, and implications for health and disease.
    Kidd P.
    Abstract
    One theory of immune regulation involves homeostasis between T-helper 1 (Th1) and T-helper 2 (Th2) activity. The Th1/Th2 hypothesis arose from 1986 research suggesting mouse T-helper cells expressed differing cytokine patterns. This hypothesis was adapted to human immunity, with Th1- and Th2-helper cells directing different immune response pathways. Th1 cells drive the type-1 pathway (“cellular immunity”) to fight viruses and other intracellular pathogens, eliminate cancerous cells, and stimulate delayed-type hypersensitivity (DTH) skin reactions. Th2 cells drive the type-2 pathway (“humoral immunity”) and up-regulate antibody production to fight extracellular organisms; type 2 dominance is credited with tolerance of xenografts and of the fetus during pregnancy. Overactivation of either pattern can cause disease, and either pathway can down-regulate the other. But the hypothesis has major inconsistencies; human cytokine activities rarely fall into exclusive pro-Th1 or -Th2 patterns. The non-helper regulatory T cells, or the antigen-presenting cells (APC), likely influence immunity in a manner comparable to Th1 and Th2 cells. Many diseases previously classified as Th1 or Th2 dominant fail to meet the set criteria. Experimentally, Th1 polarization is readily transformed to Th2 dominance through depletion of intracellular glutathione, and vice versa. Mercury depletes glutathione and polarizes toward Th2 dominance. Several nutrients and hormones measurably influence Th1/Th2 balance, including plant sterols/sterolins, melatonin, probiotics, progesterone, and the minerals selenium and zinc. The long-chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) significantly benefit diverse inflammatory and autoimmune conditions without any specific Th1/Th2 effect. Th1/Th2-based immunotherapies, e.g., T-cell receptor (TCR) peptides and interleukin-4 (IL-4) injections, have produced mixed results to date.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I talked to my naturopath about chelation today and I guess it is apart of my personal protocol and I didn’t know it…I just haven’t reached that stage yet.

He said before starting chelation, you need to:

-Check your pH to determine whether its neutral or not. Do not begin chelation unless it is neutral, otherwise you will feel much worse. If it is acidic, this will make you lose more minerals than necessary further exasperating your symptoms.

-Do not begin a chelation protocol unless you mineralize before, during, and afterwards because chelation removes minerals from the body. You can mineralize your body through specific forms of minerals such as a specific form of selenium for instance.

-It’s best to start chelation after you get your infestation largely under control.

-raster

Candidahell07
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

Hi all,
    I’m after some advice. I’ve been suffering from diahrrea recently whilst I treated my candida overgrowth with Now Capyrlic Acid 600mg per cap, then I added a further cap taking the dose up to 1,200mg. I used them for about a number of weeks, but didn’t notice anything until just recently when my stomach started gurggling really bad. I would pain and discomfort in my stomach. I’ve had to stop them because i’ve had diahrrea. It seems that the diahrrea doesn’t want to stop. I’m already thin due to having to deal with Amalgam Illness. I’ve never taken any anti-biotics, and have taken an SIBO breath test with a well known lab in London. The SIBO test came back negative. I’m wondering if I have caused a die-off recation or whether its something more. I have a pretty limiting diet because I have mercury posioning. I cannot eat high thiol foods because it moves mercury about and feeds candida, so I’m limited to what I can eat.I take a high probiotic as well. I take VSL 3, 1 daily which has 480billion. If anyone could advise I would be very grateful. James

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello james,

I would consider switching to a different antifungal such as SF722 and hopefully this will help. Additionally, I would also try out taking a lower dose and maybe spread the doses out during the day; too much antifungal can cause too much movement down there.

Sounds like the antifungal is killing stuff in your gut and this is causing your body to expel whatever is inside the body.

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant

Candidahell07;30944 wrote: Hi all,
    I’m after some advice. I’ve been suffering from diahrrea recently whilst I treated my candida overgrowth with Now Capyrlic Acid 600mg per cap, then I added a further cap taking the dose up to 1,200mg. I used them for about a number of weeks, but didn’t notice anything until just recently when my stomach started gurggling really bad. I would pain and discomfort in my stomach. I’ve had to stop them because i’ve had diahrrea. It seems that the diahrrea doesn’t want to stop. I’m already thin due to having to deal with Amalgam Illness. I’ve never taken any anti-biotics, and have taken an SIBO breath test with a well known lab in London. The SIBO test came back negative. I’m wondering if I have caused a die-off recation or whether its something more. I have a pretty limiting diet because I have mercury posioning. I cannot eat high thiol foods because it moves mercury about and feeds candida, so I’m limited to what I can eat.I take a high probiotic as well. I take VSL 3, 1 daily which has 480billion. If anyone could advise I would be very grateful. James

James,
    I have heard about many cases like your case. You are a classic case of someone who has not taken antibiotics and developed a mucosal yeast overgrowth.
    It is just mercury toxicity that has affected your cell mediated immunity allowing the yeast to flourish.
    You need to chelate mercury in order to overcome the yeast infection.

The immune system is so important controlling the fungus that I know about cases where the yeast has gone after chelating without taking any antifungal.

Jorge.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Caprylic Acid can have some bad side effects for some. For me it seemed to be hard on the kidneys. Agree with raster—undecenoic acid seems to be a more effective anti-fungal.

Silver fillings are primarily mercury. Majority of population does not realize this.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/12/04/ban-amalgam-fillings.aspx?e_cid=20121204_DNL_art_2

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

dvjorge;30958 wrote:

James,
    I have heard about many cases like your case. You are a classic case of someone who has not taken antibiotics and developed a mucosal yeast overgrowth.
    It is just mercury toxicity that has affected your cell mediated immunity allowing the yeast to flourish.

The immune system is so important controlling the fungus that I know about cases where the yeast has gone after chelating without taking any antifungal.

Jorge.

Hey, Jorge

A test shows high levels of mucosal candida “infection” which makes sense considering my symptoms. haven’t tested mercury levels as of yet but, have a hard time understanding how I could have gotten high mercury levels other than fillings – but, most my family have silver fillings and don’t have any issues so why would my situation be any different than theirs.

I’m a bit worried about chelating at this point until the Dr consult on my Tsh T3, T4 and RT3 later this month. Last thing I want to do is put any more stress on my endocrine system …..

It is strange through, why Candida would be high in the Igm but within range on the others?……

As always, many thanks for your input and consideration in sharing your research. Appreciate it kindly.

Blessings.

dvjorge
    Participant

flailingWcandi;30984 wrote:

James,

Jorge.

Hey, Jorge

A test shows high levels of mucosal candida “infection” which makes sense considering my symptoms. haven’t tested mercury levels as of yet but, have a hard time understanding how I could have gotten high mercury levels other than fillings – but, most my family have silver fillings and don’t have any issues so why would my situation be any different than theirs.

I’m a bit worried about chelating at this point until the Dr consult on my Tsh T3, T4 and RT3 later this month. Last thing I want to do is put any more stress on my endocrine system …..

It is strange through, why Candida would be high in the Igm but within range on the others?……

As always, many thanks for your input and consideration in sharing your research. Appreciate it kindly.

Blessings.

Chronic unresponsive candida infections are the result of an immune paralysis against the yeast. It doesn’t mean your immune system isn’t working. It means it has stopped attacking candida.
    This happens when candida has been on your body for long enough even in low grade.
    I has posted the research and the explanation written by Dr. Truss.

This is the cause of chronic candidiasis. However, the syndrome is triggered and aggravated by antibiotics and other causes.

Mercury is one of the offenders that affect cell-mediated immunity ( the immune response able to control mucosal candidiasis ) Having this immune response affected, it is almost impossible to eradicate a yeast overgrowth.
    Diet and antifungals don’t work if the immune system don’t attack the yeast. Do what you do, it isn’t possible to cure it without a proper immune response.

People manage candida with an strict diet and supplements but if they don’t restore the immunity, the diet and supplement must be for life. If not, a relapse is for sure.

I hope and wish you find the way to recover of all your health problems.

God Bless You,

Jorge.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mercury and Th2 dominance.’ is closed to new replies.