Mens Hair Loss

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Mens Hair Loss

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  rahul2630 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Over the past year since battling candida and leaky gut I have managed to lose quite a lot of hair, so my hair is thinning all around my head and now my hairline has receded 1-2 inches.

Will it regrow back when everything else rejuvenates?

What products are good for regrowth and protection?

Thanks
    JD

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I can’t really speak to receding hairline because I’m a women. I have had a lot of hair loss recently, and I believe it’s a Candida symptom. I had good luck using silica & biotin.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Some of it should come back as you get better. The reason this is happening is what is known as demineralization, or loss of minerals from the body. The body needs tons of resources to fight this off and if it does not obtain them, then the body uses its reserves (primarily found in teeth, hair, nails, bones, etc). I would supplement yourself with a variety of trace minerals if you want to give your body proper nutrients it needs to fight this off and I would examine calcium, magnesium, iodine, zinc, and selenium.

My hair has grown back in spurts where suddenly I will get a lot of growth for 1-2 weeks and then it subsides for a few months and then grows again. I don’t know what causes this but I suspect it has to do with nutrition levels, acidity (pH), digestion, and general health.

If you have ringworm this makes your hair loss worse. This can come in a variety of forms but typically creates “scab like crusts” throughout the scalp, especially along the edges of your hair line (behind ears, neck, front, etc). This is directly related to candida but is also related to parasites. If you have ringworm I have a bunch of tips for you but it should generally improve as you get better. I’ve had ringworm for the last 10 years and I didn’t know it because it completely covered my scalp in a thick layer. I no longer have it as bad, it just flares up every now and then.

-raster

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

YES of course, I nearly forgot, I do infact have ringworm. I remember going to the doctor quite a lot when I was younger because of ring worm or tape worm, can’t remember.

My doc pointed out the other day I have ring worm on my chest and I’ve definetely had those scab like crusts in the inner lobes of my ear.

I would love some tips Raster?

Sorry that I haven’t responded yet, I’m sure you can understand.

Thanks
    JD

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

For ringworm you need to treatments, an internal treatment and external treatment.

An internal one would involve taking black walnut extract (kills parasites), trace minerals, vitamins, antifungals, HCL, probiotics, etc. to kill down the parasites and candida and replenish the body.

An external one would involve taking antifungal shampoos that specifically help treat ringworm. I know of two products that work very well to kill ringworm:

Everclean dandruff shampoo:
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=EC-1040
    (sold elsewhere as well)

Selsun Blue dandruff shampoo medicated (contains selenium sulfide)
    http://www.google.com/search?q=selenium+sulfide+shampoo&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=#hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us%3AIE-SearchBox&tbm=shop&sclient=psy-ab&q=Selsun+Blue+Dandruff+Shampoo+medicated&oq=Selsun+Blue+Dandruff+Shampoo+medicated&gs_l=serp.3…6249.8116.1.8328.11.10.1.0.0.0.154.1007.6j4.10.0…0.0…1c.1.2.serp.4F67R9i6ILQ&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=49dc1ec33a663e8a&biw=1280&bih=882
    (all places online pretty much)

Also, taking sulphur or selenium in vitamin form specifically helps with skin conditions (and thus is why its in the shampoo).

Be sure to change your bedsheets frequently including pillow cover, and wash your clothes/hats as often as possible.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Bone broth and adding more fat could eliminate hair loss caused by low mineral or missing fat in your diet. This was me. It could be also zinc imbalance (low or high) and some other things, but those were not my case. Once i added bone broth and more animal fat into my diet, my hair stopped falling and regrew some. It’s still thinner than it should be, but it is much better. I do have receded hairline on the sides of my forehead (I think it is called side burns, or?) and those remained.

Arijana

sofia10
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi,

Do NOT highlight your hair – it is one of the most damaging things you can do to your hair.
    Color your hair (with semi-permanent hair color such as Clair Natural Instincts) as infrequently as you can get away with, such as once every two or three months. Only color where you need it most. In between all-over hair coloring with semi-permanent color, use a non-ammonia, non-peroxide hair color (such as Clairol Loving Care).

You do NOT have to cut your damaged hair off! Using the above regimen will repair your hair over time. Having to cut already thin hair is demoralizing and totally unnecessary. It helps to trim the ends every 4-6 weeks to reduce split ends.

Always use a heat protectant product if you style with heat. An excellent one is “It’s a 10 Miracle leave-in product”. It is also a detangler, controls frizz, and reduces hair breakage.

Thanks
    Sofia

rahul2630
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

1533jd;34999 wrote: Over the past year since battling candida and leaky gut I have managed to lose quite a lot of hair, so my hair is thinning all around my head and now my hairline has receded 1-2 inches.

Will it regrow back when everything else rejuvenates?

What products are good for regrowth and protection?

Thanks
    JD

It is difficult to say whether you’re facing a problem with candida & leaky or anrogenetic alopecia. Only a doctor can determine that. Having said that candida & leaky normally leads to skin problems like eczema which further cause hair loss. There seem no direct correlation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mens Hair Loss’ is closed to new replies.