Megaflora

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

Hi all,

How is everybody doing? The new website lay out is looking good eh?!

So I’m having an issue with the Megaflora probiotics. I’ve been taking one a day (just 20bn) for about 2 weeks or so now and I did try to increase this to 2 but I started feeling awful… this went on for about 4 days or so, so I took myself off it. I am feeling a bit better but worse than I used to on the Ultimate Flora Critical Care 50bn probiotics.

Any suggestions or advice on this by any chance?

Hope you’re all doing well.

Best wishes,

Katy

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Katy, otherwise, how’s it going?

Maybe two MegaFlora are too strong considering you’ve not taken the DDS-1 form of Lactobacillus acidophilus before. I would go back to one and after a few days change over to two at a slower pace than one every day. Perhaps take one for four days and then two for one, and then go back to one for a few more days and so forth. It’s worth a try at least.

Able

Katy Gillett

Hi Able,

Thanks for the reply. It’s going okay – we just broke up for the winter break so that’s a big plus!!

How’s things with you?

I will try as you say.. it seems the DDS-1 strain doesn’t like me at all.. It’s taken me this long to get used to taking just one pill! I probably tried too soon to take the second.. I was just very aware that I was only taking 20bn live bacteria as opposed to the 100bn I was taking before.

I noticed in your protocol you don’t mention the UltimateFlora brand. Is it not good to take any more in your opinion?

What is your current stance on brown lentils being in the diet by the way? I noticed they weren’t on your list of allowed foods.

I hope you’re well!

Now I’m on a break I’ll be able to check in more regularly here :).

Katy

Able900
    Spectator

Hi ya Katy.

How’re things with me? The usual I guess, couldn’t be better. Been over six months since the last tiny Candida symptom, good to know I’m completely done with all that for the coming year.

Quote: I noticed in your protocol you don’t mention the Ultimate Flora brand. Is it not good to take any more in your opinion?

Reply: I think Ultimate Flora is fine as a starter probiotic; it’s just that the newer research I had discovered states that the DDS-1 type of bacteria is much stronger when it comes to fighting the Candida fungi, so I was able to find the MegaFlora which contains it.

Quote: it seems the DDS-1 strain doesn’t like me at all… It’s taken me this long to get used to taking just one pill! I probably tried too soon to take the second… I was just very aware that I was only taking 20bn live bacteria as opposed to the 100bn I was taking before.

Reply: I know that the 20 billion sounds small when compared to the U. Flora counts, but as you’ve seen, it’s much more powerful in the long run when it comes to the Candida. And of course it’s not that the DDS-1 doesn’t like you, it’s just a very strong antifungal/probiotic – and different from the previous one.

Quote: What is your current stance on brown lentils being in the diet by the way? I noticed they weren’t on your list of allowed foods.

Reply: The lentils should go under the ‘dried beans’ category which will be a test food once phase two is started.

Quote: Now I’m on a break I’ll be able to check in more regularly here :).

Reply: Hope you have a fun-filled break, Katy. Don’t know if that should include a Candida forum or not to be honest. =)

Able

Katy Gillett

Hi Able,

Thanks for answering those questions.

Haha sitting on a candida forum isn’t the ideal way to spend a break but seeing as I live the candida diet it’s inescapable unfortunately!! At least I have you nice folks to mix with :).

I have another question for you I’m afraid… I didn’t realise I needed to swap the oregano oil around and seeing as I ran out I thought I’d try a new antifungal (alongside good old coconut oil)… What do you think of the below?

https://www.naturalgrocery.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?prod_code=5031013103742

Thanks again.

Katy

Able900
    Spectator

Katy Gillett wrote: I have another question for you I’m afraid… I didn’t realise I needed to swap the oregano oil around and seeing as I ran out I thought I’d try a new antifungal (alongside good old coconut oil)… What do you think of the below?

Hi, Katy. Yes, that’s a good one to switch to. Thomas experienced a bad episode of die-off from the GSE he took, so be careful with it as I don’t know how much of the infestation you have left at this point. Do you still have any of the Candida symptoms going on?

Able

Katy Gillett

Hi Able,

I do, yes. Although on the bright side I did that Whole Approach questionnaire today and I’m down from a score of around 280 (about 3 months ago) to 117 today. I’m probably progressing slower than most because I do eat things I technically shouldn’t eat for a quick recovery such as brown rice and lentils. But I am progressing!

I read that I’m not allowed carob either? I was under the impression I was and have been eating this. Could possibly be another slow down if I was wrong.

Thanks for the advice as usual!

Able900
    Spectator

Katy Gillett wrote: I read that I’m not allowed carob either? I was under the impression I was and have been eating this. Could possibly be another slow down if I was wrong.

Katy, there are quite a few varieties of carob with the lowest sugar content being around 47% of the carob but the highest I’ve seen is 72%. The problem is we have no idea which we’re getting. Even if the type itself is listed, would you really know whether it contains a high or low content of sugar? I used to think maybe it was alright to test this during the latter part of phase one, but I really think it should be left alone until at least one is ready for the second phase.
    Just my opinion.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would avoid carob as well.

A great alternative to brown rice is black/red rice…much healthier and less starch!

-Raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Megaflora’ is closed to new replies.