Megadose Probiotics, Feedback on my Idea?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Megadose Probiotics, Feedback on my Idea?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  klips32 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

I’ve been thinking about megadosing VSL 3, im talking 3600 billion a day or so, 8 sachets, maybe even more(this will be super expensive so im gonna have to save up some cash). I’m thinking of doing it in combination with Fecal Matter Transplant. My plan is to knock down the candida as much as I can with antifungals, break the biofilms with gymnema / protease stop the antifungals and load up on Saccharomyces B. as well as the mega doses of VSL 3.

I’m thinking the FMT will keep the candida at bay inside my colon, and the VSL3/ SB will help to get rid of any pathogens/candida in my small intestine where the FMT will not be as useful.

Im also thinking of trying to heal my leaky gut more with slippery elm/ glutamine / gelatin, I think this will help the new bacteria stick better.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Really hoping this will work.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It likely will bring temporary to medium length benefit but there are other processes that occur in the gut that can and will still benefit the yeast in the long term (if you have CRC). Certain cycles within the body in my opinion are what favor the yeast and breaking these cycles takes a very long time.

We’ve touched on other topics such as boulardii, FMT’s, enemas, etc. but I think bodily pH, digestion, liver/kidney/pancreas health, methylation, personal habits, etc. are a large part of whats wrong with a lot of us. Some of your flora may come back, but you could still have a hurt liver, inflammation, etc. (which make you feel bad). I highly recommend a holistic and (slow/gradual) way to get better and then go for for the special treatment once you are symptom free and are feeling pretty good.

If you do the diet with antifungals and probiotics, you can get pretty good results within 6-18 months typically but the x-factor in any treatment in my opinion is the supplements you take.

I’ll write more in time but I have some deep thoughts about fighting yeast right now and wanted to give you my opinion.

-raster

Tdog333

raster;51586 wrote: It likely will bring temporary to medium length benefit but there are other processes that occur in the gut that can and will still benefit the yeast in the long term (if you have CRC). Certain cycles within the body in my opinion are what favor the yeast and breaking these cycles takes a very long time.

We’ve touched on other topics such as boulardii, FMT’s, enemas, etc. but I think bodily pH, digestion, liver/kidney/pancreas health, methylation, personal habits, etc. are a large part of whats wrong with a lot of us. Some of your flora may come back, but you could still have a hurt liver, inflammation, etc. (which make you feel bad). I highly recommend a holistic and (slow/gradual) way to get better and then go for for the special treatment once you are symptom free and are feeling pretty good.

If you do the diet with antifungals and probiotics, you can get pretty good results within 6-18 months typically but the x-factor in any treatment in my opinion is the supplements you take.

I’ll write more in time but I have some deep thoughts about fighting yeast right now and wanted to give you my opinion.

-raster

Thanks for the advice raster! I’ve been following the diet able posted a while back for close to 6 months now and am feeling 70% better or so. I’ve been approaching this with a holistic point of view and trying to heal the whole body, i’ve been doing liver flushes, and trying to cut down on bodily inflamation, and rebuild my immune system. so I’m just looking for something to push me over the hill and hope this is it!

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

I too think it would be probably be a case of throwing hard earned money out the window. Work on supporting the immune system instead. Think of it like this, your yeast infection probably wouldnt last 48 hours in a healthy persons body. It just comes back until you fix that.

Tdog333

impossible;51589 wrote: I too think it would be probably be a case of throwing hard earned money out the window. Work on supporting the immune system instead. Think of it like this, your yeast infection probably wouldnt last 48 hours in a healthy persons body. It just comes back until you fix that.

Yeah i agree but im pretty desperate at this point, I’m pretty sure the reason it won’t completely go away is because of all the antibiotics i’ve done, I think i have literally killed off almost all the good bacteria in my body, been on a long course of vancomycin, flagyl, numerous courses of amoxa, clinda, doxycycline, difficid, and accutane to top it off haha. (probably a total of 15-20 courses of antibiotics) and I’m only 21. So I’ve heard that a majority of your immune system IS your gut bacteria, and seeing as i probably don’t have that much good bacteria that was the reasoning behind the extensive probiotics and FMT.

impossible

The most important ones dont come from pills. Those just somewhat help support the ones that do matter and can help sway the immune system a little bit. Theres so many thousands of strains and the list of things they individually do is incredibly long, perplexing, and really not even understood that well at this point. Off the shelf probiotics help some, but they are nowhere near a replacement for the real thing. The most important anaerobes cant be supplemented, they cant live in the presence of oxygen. I personally would take one transplant over a years worth of probiotics. Once the seed is planted, all you have to do is feed it, water it, and keep the garden weeded. But it has to be there in the first place.

impossible

GK
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 19

Hi,

I’m a newbie (just been on the protocol for 1 month) and have very little knowledge or experience at this stage. But I think anything thats done too drastically with the body is not a good idea. I will agree with Raster that things need to be done gradually, in incremental steps. It will take time. Please do not do anything that will harm your body, since you’ve been on the diet 6 months already and thats a lot of effort. I know its really frustrating and we all want to get over this darn thing, but please be patient and hang in there.

Take care, God bless.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

I diddent have time to read the whole post, but I would really warn you. At aprox. 200 billion CFU, I had stomach pain everyday, bloating etc.
    Only went away by stopping probiotics again and taking more of the antimicrobals such as oil of oregano and GSE.

So, you can overdo it, and when you do that, you have to get rid of some of the bacteria as well the yeast. Can cost you 2 month of gaining a normal balance again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Megadose Probiotics, Feedback on my Idea?’ is closed to new replies.