Mega Food Supplements, good or bad if you have candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Mega Food Supplements, good or bad if you have candida?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

AnnieLuc
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 16

I noticed that my favorite supplements (mega food balanced b complex & vitamin D3) contain a yeast called S. Cerevisiae. I called the co., explained that I had candida, and they said its an ‘inactive yeast and won’t harm you’.

So is this a beneficial yeast for someone that has candida and also reacts to brewers yeast & bakers yeast??

There are so many different types of yeast out there that this is confusing and I’m not sure I should take them anymore.

Thanks!

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

The strain of yeast you mention is the kind sold as brewer’s yeast (secondary grown) or nutritional yeast (primary grown). If you know that you react to brewer’s yeast, it would probably be a good idea to avoid that supplement.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

yeah, I found out I really have a reaction to anything yeasty, even though it says a good yeast. I used to take those vitamins all the time wondering what was wrong.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Some people can have a cross sensitivity with yeast containing supplements. Some times it does not matter if its inactive or not your immune system might react to the proteins in it. Kind of like people being injected with a dead/inactive virus but the immune system still responds to it like it is alive.

AnnieLuc

Thank you all, looks like I will be shopping for new supplements.
    It just kills me that I didn’t notice this after taking them for so long. I’m always reading labels to see if things are gluten free but never thought to look for yeast free. I will now 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Have you noticed any setbacks or detriment from taking these supplements? I have been taking ones with yeast throughout my treatment and has had no effect on me whatsoever…

There’s a difference between allergies and harm caused by them.

-raster

AnnieLuc

I do know the D was the only D that helped raise my levels so that part actually helped and I absorbed it well. As far as the B complex, I’m not sure because I have the candida so I probably won’t know until after I get rid of the candida and then try adding it back.
    I’m sort of nervous to try adding then back.

What are your thoughts Raster? Should I feel comfortable to keep taking them?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would continue to take them if you are still progressing and not noticing any drawbacks. If you are getting allergic reactions to the supplements (leaky gut burn, headaches, ringing ears, etc) I would not take them.

There are lots of other brands out there as well. Check out thorne, integrative thereaputics, solgar, nature’s way, pure encapsulations, etc. Standard process is one of the highest grade vitamin brands out there and they have tons of yeast in their products; hasn’t effected me at all and made me stronger.

-raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mega Food Supplements, good or bad if you have candida?’ is closed to new replies.