Medicine doctors Vs nutritional doctors- Please Help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Medicine doctors Vs nutritional doctors- Please Help!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

betty
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

So for 6 weeks I have had fatigue, bloated stomach, reoccuring thrush, abdominal pain, brain fog,

my doctor just kept prescribing for thrush (which hasn’t worked comes back after a few days)
    I saw the candida diet and of course thought that is me! I cleansed and am now eating the candida allowed foods, and have felt some kind of die off I think, although it’s only been a week and a half.

My doctor says now I have a UTI (urine infection) and I need the dreaded antibiotics! I have been going to the loo more but thought that was because I was drinking a lot of water (tmi!) I have had no pain but the bloating stomach abdominal pain could apparently be it-
    I also think I should perhaps see a naturopath, I’m so confused what to do!

If I take the antibiotics it could make the thrush worse, and the candida (if thats what I have)
    and if I do maybe it will get rid of the pain and I’m just having a bad time with thrush (have suffered with it before- also on the IUD mirena coil which apparently can cause it too)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    For now I’m sticking to the diet,
    B x

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well its your decision on what to do but most women experience long term UTI’s or uti’s that do not go away from my experience with the people on the forum from the last 3 years. So there’s a good chance the antibiotics won’t work.

A good ND can help address the UTI without antibiotics such as supplementing with cranberry extract or something similar. They could then also address the cause of the problem at the same time by giving you a treatment plan to get better that doesn’t involve prescription drugs, etc.

Most people who have a candida problem have to treat it a minimum to 6 months to 3 years to get better and so if you get professional help, then you likely can get better faster from my experience.

-raster

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Medicine doctors Vs nutritional doctors- Please Help!’ is closed to new replies.