Medications

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Medications

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jdk219
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

I take an anitdepressant and have a vitamin D deficiancy. Will this make a difference in how I approach my detox ?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

It makes perfect sense that you are deficient in vitamin D. Researchers believe that a deficiency of this vitamin can actually be one of the major factors in contracting Candida. Most Candida sufferers take vitamin D supplements as part of their treatment. If you’re not already taking a supplement of vitamin D, I suggest taking the natural form of vitamin D3 which means in capsule form and not tablets. 10,000 IU a day is believed to be sufficient. You should add vitamin A to your supplements if you’re going to take vitamin D. Vitamin A should also be in a natural form (from fish liver oil capsules), and 5,000 to 10,000 IU a day is sufficient. Of course you won’t start the supplements until after you finish the cleanse.

Both vitamin D and vitamin A are oil soluble vitamins, so both should be taken together following your largest meal which contained a sufficient amount of oil.

Since the antidepressant is apparently necessary, as with all prescription medication, I would definly suggest staying on it during the detox, but this is something you should also ask your doctor about.

Able

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Medications’ is closed to new replies.