Meal ideas (According to Protocol, detox, diet and allowed foods)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Meal ideas (According to Protocol, detox, diet and allowed foods)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  N0001 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

N0001
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 5

Hello

What are some meal ideas accordint to the Protocol, detox, diet and allowed foods list posted in the forum?

I need some variety if its possible and also because some of the recepies in the other section might not go according to the food list in the forum.

Thanks

(If you have done or are on the Protocol or diet with allowed food lists from the forum, can u share ur variety of daily meal list, thanks)

GayBofill
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

Daunting topic.

I’ve tried basically to just eat cleaner versions of regular food. For instance, I made fried organic chicken with ground flax seed as the crust fried in coconut oil and then baked. It’s pretty decent if you stretch your imagination.

I do eat brown rice (which can be made a zillion different ways) and love to mix it with fried onions fried in coconut oil, some garbanzo beans, and for a really rich taste add a little tahini (sesame seed butter) to it. That can be a side dish with whatever dinner protein you choose to have or just your entire meal with some nice clean vegetables.

I have eggs for BF or lunch, kefir for BF sometimes with coconut bread. Really whatever sounds good to me at the moment. But it is taking time to learn how to cook with this diet. I’m having fun with it though.

F.Y.I., I spent hours on line researching candida recipes and I’ve made a book of printouts of recipes. Check out the web. One link seems to lead to another. There’s plenty of info. out there. Might also want to check “gluten free” recipes but take care to substitute items in the recipe that are not included in the candida diet.

Good luck!
    GB

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

I would say – be very careful with the recipes you find online for candida and gluten free as most people don’t follow the allowed list we do. I actually find it easier to start the other way round and focus on what we CAN eat and invent something out of that. Even the recipe pages on this forum contain lots of recipes with non allowed (or stage 2 & 3 items) because people have posted without fully understanding. My favourites would be….

Breakfast:-
    Oat bran cooked with cinnamon & sweetener – eat with a blob of greek yoghurt or kefir (kefir makes it bitter but I like that).
    Scrambled eggs made with ghee or coconut oil – plenty black pepper (add in a little flaked cooked wild salmon sometimes).
    3 egg ommelette with either zuchinni or spinach and pre-sauteed garlic & red onion
    Soft poached eggs on either buckwheat & millet bread or coconut bread – bake a few different breads and keep in twin slices in the freezer so you can mix it up a bit.
    A pint of kefir and 2 (pre) hard boiled eggs – if I’m in a rush.

Lunch:-
    Interesting salad greens (use rocket & herb green rather than just boring lettuce) with a small avocado & either a tin of sardines of some tinned wild salmon. Drizzle with olive oil & lemon juice, plenty salt & pepper.
    A big bowl of veggie soup (boil up any veg I can find in my own chicken stock and blitz with a hand blender – I make 3 or 4 portions every few days)
    (I usually have both of these each day – the salas at about 12 noon and then the soup at about 4pm… otherwise I get too hungry in between. Both meals can be bulked up with coconut bread)

Dinner:-
    Any fresh wild fish baked with coconut oil & fresh herbs – serve with either a salad, steamed or roasted veg. The oil & juices make a tasty sauce to drizzle over the veg.
    Roast organic chicken – I buy trays of wings or legs and roast off enough for 1 meal + enough for a second portion cold in the fridge. Sprinkle with olive oil & lemon juice, s&p… cover with lid or foil when roasting on a low heat and it just falls off the bone! Use the pan juices to make a gravy (thicken with buckwheat flour – you won’t need extra flavouring/ stock if you’ve slow roasted it as you’ll get plenty tasty juices from the meat)
    2 out of 3 days I have a tasty mix of veggies – this does not have to be borig but you do need to mix the textures & cooking techniques to make it interesting. My favourite mix is slow roast eggplant, red oinion & whole garlic cloves (loads of coconut oil, some salt, cover before roasting so it goes kind of soggy not crisp – this is delicious!)… i eat a bit of this with some mashed rutubage/ swede, some steamed brocolli & cauliflower and some over roasted asparagus.
    This might all seem like a lot of cooking for one meal but I do the roasted & mashed veg enough for 2 or 3 meals at a time. (Some don’t agree with storing the cooked food but I wouldn’t be able to have such a varied & yummy diet if I didn’t!)
    Have a side salad with most meals.

Snacks:-
    Keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge.
    Cucumber is a handy crunch.
    Kefir/ yoghurt
    Sometime I make Kale chips or chips out of jerusalmen artichokes which can be enjoyed cold.
    If I do a pumpkin I roast the seeds with coconut oil & salt.
    Buckwheat crispbread with coconut oil or tahini.

I have grinders for black peppercorns & coarse pink himalayan salt and they se a lot of action! As does 2 condiment grinders I found last week – one with a garlic & onion mix and the other with a chilli mix (watch for hidden nasties in these and be careful with spice if you have leaky gut).
    I make my own mayo & salad dressing every few days so add interest.

Right… must go off and have breakfast! All this food talk is making me hungry!

Lx

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend oat bran instead of oatmeal…oatmeal can feed the candida.

I recommend black and red rice over brown or white rice; black and red rice have a ton of healthy aspects to them and are more healthy than other rices. I didn’t eat any rice until after 4 months on the diet.

Buckwheat is a good rice replacement.

Salads twice per day are recommended.

Chicken and lamb sausage are one of my big dinner meals that I eat way too much; I highly recommend to combat weight loss. I am going to buy some organic buffalo sausage sometime soon (online).

The pumpkin pie muffin bread is one of the best tasting things I have on the diet and only eat 1 slice per day. 2 slices per day maximum.

I love my buckwheat/teff/coconut flour bread and eat 2 slices per day.

Greek yogurt with kefir, mixed with some stevia and blueberries (big bowl 1x per day). I use about 15 blueberries (which is 4g of sugar). Blueberries have anti-inflammatory properties.

-Raster

Kkmetz04
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

Sorry for the dumb question, but are the pumpkin muffins listed in the recipe section of the forum??

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here it is:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst600_Pumpkin-Pie-Muffins.aspx

I make a bread out of this recipe because it comes out overcooked and sticks to muffin coaster things.

-Raster

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Raster – I recommend oat bran instead of oatmeal…oatmeal can feed the candida.

Me – Sorry, yes that was a typo – i’ve never had oatmeal in my life! I’ve changed it in my original post in case someone reads that without reading this correction.

Raster – Chicken and lamb sausage are one of my big dinner meals that I eat way too much; I highly recommend to combat weight loss. I am going to buy some organic buffalo sausage sometime soon (online).

Me – I would suggest waiting with these until a little further on – you may have more luck than me but I’ve had no luck sourcing on that’s organic… and also the lamb & buffalo should be left until your diet is well established (and then used as a test item).

Raster – The pumpkin pie muffin bread is one of the best tasting things I have on the diet and only eat 1 slice per day. 2 slices per day maximum.

Me – test the pumpkin first – I had a reaction but most people don’t seem to

Raster – Greek yogurt with kefir, mixed with some stevia and blueberries (big bowl 1x per day). I use about 15 blueberries (which is 4g of sugar). Blueberries have anti-inflammatory properties.

Me – Any type of fruit should be left for a while and then treated as a test food – i haven’t tried any yet and I’ve been on the diet 3 months. (Raster has been on it far longer)

Lorelei
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

A couple of things that I do for quick meals/on the road snacks besides what already has been suggested.

I can find the organic Prairie turkey or chicken (SAndwich meat.) The only ingredients are chicken/turkey, water and seasalt. I put some home made mayo on them and roll in sprouts. Sometimes I wrap them with lettuce leaves.

Lettuce wraps with salmon salad or egg salad.

A cut avocado – stone removed. Squeeze on lime or lemon juice and sprinkle with sea salt and cayenne. Put back together and wrap. All you need to bring is a spoon.

Cut up cauliflower/broccoli. This doesn’t get soggy and keeps ok for a while even when not refrigerated.

Cold chicken leg.

I just discovered rutabaga chips. (Just google, plenty of recipes.) I’ll be making those more often.

N0001
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 5

Thanks to everyone
    this is really helpful and gives me ideas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Meal ideas (According to Protocol, detox, diet and allowed foods)’ is closed to new replies.