me & doctors, again

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions me & doctors, again

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  shell1226 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Hello everyone!

I’m still plugging away at trying to get some testing done to determine the cause of my Candida.

I’m trying to convince my MD to send me to an Allergist, for a Delayed Candida Sensitivity Test. He’s already told me that he doesn’t treat Candida. Here’s his reply when I asked him for a heavy metal test and a yeast allergy test:

“Hi Anisa,

I’m afraid this is not really possible with me. What you ask is more for an alternative doctor, they usually tetst for havy metals and other things like that.

I do not know a specific adress for this unfortunately. Ofcourse I’m happy to meet you in a consultation to discuss this more in detail?

gr, Jan”

So it appears he’s stuck on the heavy metal request and skipped right over the yeast allergy request.

I decided I will have that consultation with him, I’ll have to go in there and argue for the allergy test. I’m wondering if anyone can help me form my argument. Honestly I’m not that schooled on the “Delayed Candida Sensitivity Test” I don’t feel I can advocate for it. So any links and advice would be most helpful.

Here’s another factor for the mix. My son who’s 2 will be seen by the same doctor. I haven’t taken him yet because the doctor seems like a lazy tool who’s unwilling to work. However, the eczema on my sons back is getting so bad that his preschool will raise eyebrows if I don’t take him to the doctor soon. I know that if I take him to this doctor he’ll prescribe an over the counter menthol powder to calm down the eczema. I have no interest in this since I’m pretty sure the eczema is yeast. I’m afraid of letting a stupid doctor who doesn’t think yeast is a problem treat my 2 year olds eczema because I know he’ll likely prescribe something harmful after the over the counter menthol stuff doesn’t work.

any advice?

Julia
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

Hi there,
    I can not comment too much on the testing side of things because I have never had much luck with it, however I would like to suggest putting your son on a childrens probiotic and cutting out the major sugars in his diet. I have done it for a few of my foster children and it works wonders. Otherwise you are right… when they go to the doctor they get prescription steroid creams and antibiotics…been there done that and I don’t blame you for looking for a healthy way!

good luck!
    : )

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Yeah, can you put your son on a child-version of the protocol? Lots of veggies, no sugar, etc.?

mrs.candida

Thanks Julia,
    I’ve already done those things for my son. I don’t want this thread to turn into treating my son advice. That will have to be for another thread another time. For now, I need to get down to the bottom of why I have Candida. If I can get this solved I think healing my son will be much easier.

mrs.candida

Yeah, can you put your son on a child-version of the protocol? Lots of veggies, no sugar, etc.?

The eczma is a result of his treatment, it’s just the yeast coming out.

Keya
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

Can you change your MD? I changed 2 gynecologist already because they were refusing to treat me, one said I should eat more fruit and vegetables 🙂 , and the other that it (the yeast) is all in my head (although now I have the positive test on yeast, so I obviously didn’t imagine it :)). Look for another doctor, or maybe go to the private one, it’s expensive, but sometimes the only solution, unfortunately.

mrs.candida

Thanks Keya,

I called my insurance company and they advised me to change doctors, too. So now I’m looking for a new doctor. I have seen soooooo many doctors. I’m getting really sick of this.

Julia
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

Hang in there and keep fighting for YOUR RIGHT!
    We all deserve to have doctors who can help us and support us through this. It is hard to get through it without it.
    Keep pushing until you get what you know you need! You are your own biggest advocate and you know your body and symptoms best.

Hang in there! I am here for you if you ever need someone to vent frustration too. One day at a time and you will get there.

: )

DrewsMama
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 7

Hi there,
    I apologize in advance that I don’t know a ton of the back round history of your story. I just read this post and wasn’t sure if you ever had a standard food allergy test done? You don’t need a Dr to authorize it. Just order the test, follow the instructions at home and mail it back in with payment. Two weeks you will have test results that have checked you bloods response to over 50 foods. This is the link.

http://meridianvalleylab.com/allergy-testing-3/allergy-tests-offered/food/foodsafe-panel-bloodspot

I hope maybe this will help. There are other test that they offer to if you want to dig into their website. I have never had any others done just this one. I do believe there is a heavy metal test too.

Best of luck to you. 🙂

shell1226
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 71

Do you need a referral with your insurance? If not, if you want allergy testing, go directly to an allergist for testing. I have to go back to one. I wasn’t tested for a few things that I think I am allergic to, so I want a more complete testing done to include foods, environment, chemicals, additives, metals, etc. Not sure if they can do all of that.

I don’t know how you would go about getting metal testing done. I would like to do that as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘me & doctors, again’ is closed to new replies.