Mayonnaise ????

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Mayonnaise ????

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

kty
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 17

Is there any type of Mayonnaise that I can have? I’m starting to get really bored with the limited food that I am eating lol. xx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

None that I’m aware of. But there’s a type of organic mustard made with apple cider vinegar which is fine for the diet.
    http://www.edenfoods.com/store/index.php?cPath=26_49

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Mayonnaise is very easy to make yourself but it contains raw egg yolks… did I spot on another thread able that you shouldn’t have raw eggs? Can’t find it now…

kty
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 17

Thanks Able, I’ll get some of that. Do you know of any sauces I can use? just to add a bit of taste and moisture to my food. I need a break from eggs (think I’m egg bound lol) and Im not sure I like the coconut bread after all that searching for the flour.
    What about coco powder? xx

Lucylu

Hi kty… I’m not keen on the coconut bread at all. I made up my own recipe basically using all buckwheat flour and only 3 eggs, water, olive oil, salt, baking soda. The bread doesn’t have any taste of it’s own which is what I wanted… just a carrier to go under an egg or coconut oil.

johnny22
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 23

Lucy I am not especially keen on it either. I use the recipe with the coconut flour but in the mix I also add some chopped onions that I have sauteed with mustard seeds and curry leaves with a bit of turmeric. I do this in mustard oil which has a more pungent flavour.

Lucylu

Oh lovely, sounds nice! Will try that (maybe some slow roasted garlic in their too?

Able… could you advise re the raw egg yolk please? Since kty mentioned the mayonnaise I’ve been hankering after it!!

Able900
    Spectator

kty wrote: What about coco powder? xx

Hello, Kty.
    I’m afraid that coco powder is rather detrimental to a Candida treatment.
    Of course, you can try it if you want, but this is something that you may not receive a response from until further down the road, then it can show up as added Candida symptoms or additional problems with the immune system.

Sorry. Able

Able900
    Spectator

Lucylu wrote: Able… could you advise re the raw egg yolk please? Since kty mentioned the mayonnaise I’ve been hankering after it!!

Lucy,
    If you use raw eggs (or yolks) in a recipe, I would add a bit of apple cider vinegar to destroy any bacteria that’s in the eggs.

Able

Lucylu

Woohoo!!! I’m off to make some mayo! Result!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mayonnaise ????’ is closed to new replies.