max sugar intake on a bad day?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions max sugar intake on a bad day?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  candidaliving 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

jamespaul
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 31

what would you guys from experience say the max amount of sugar in grams is aloud on a good and a bad day for this diet?

cheers guys!

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

jamespaul wrote: what would you guys from experience say the max amount of sugar in grams is aloud on a good and a bad day for this diet?

cheers guys!

It depends where the sugar comes from I guess. The negatives from sugar content of swede (rutabaga) are said to be outnumbered by the positives it can have as a potent natural anti fungal. Likewise with others vegetables like onions for example.

I use an app on the iphone called my fitness pal (its free to download), which is basically a food log. It gives me an idea of how much protein, fats & carbs (sugar & fibre) I take in per day. I usually top out at around 80g of carbs per day, sometimes more if i’ve eaten buckwheat or swede.
    I don’t even concern myself with how much fat, as my body responds well to a high “good” fat diet and it also useful to know how much protein you take it. I realised that I was eating far more than my bodyweight needed, so have saved money & load on my digestive system by cutting down my protein portions & increasing fats to fulfil me.

jamespaul

are yes i have that app! i shall defo try it out, for example im having coconut milk, has 1.6g of sugar per 100 ml, im drinking about 300ml a day is this bad?

tar 🙂

benc

jamespaul wrote: are yes i have that app! i shall defo try it out, for example im having coconut milk, has 1.6g of sugar per 100 ml, im drinking about 300ml a day is this bad?

tar 🙂

I’m not an expert & didn’t design the diet, but it wouldn’t bother me at my stage (6 months +). I used a similar amount, although not on a daily basis, in the early stages too.

Just make sure you buy organic coconut milk. Biona do a brand that is sold in the uk in lower fat or full fat. Do NOT buy this though, its got sucrose & fructose: http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=2781&prodid=3603&cid=470&afid=70&safid=AG&scid=14581&cm_mmc=Aggregates-_-Comparisons-_-GoogleProducts-_-HBMVPCGP&of_tid=z-aiRk8JBFP2EFX8a3beyR7FftZdVmtA64AlnXGQFye-3kgs-8JpL8ytUzgygVOy

jamespaul

yeah im worried about reintroducing stuff to early and ruining my progress!
    and yes we have organic cocunut milk 🙂

thanks for the help

benc

jamespaul wrote: yeah im worried about reintroducing stuff to early and ruining my progress!
    and yes we have organic cocunut milk 🙂

thanks for the help

I was the same & in fact I tend to keep to a fairly strict diet most of the time, with a bit more variation of meat than suggested on the stricter diet. Being able to introduce swede & roasted buckwheat was a helpful, but i’m used to low carb & usually had 1-2 slightly higher carbs days per week as the norm. When you can start on homemade kefir & yogurt that helps too.

I have eaten fillet steak cooked in butter, sunflower seeds & curry (using roasted buckwheat instead of rice) but not very often, and in fact I felt a lot better after eating the steak.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Be careful with the coconut milk because it is highly inflammatory:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3114/2

Might as well be eating fried food! I’d drink it once per week or so for weight gain but wouldn’t drink it everyday.

I came up with the 25g of sugar per day rule if you want to follow it…its a good baseline to follow in case you get too carried away.

-raster

benc

raster wrote:
    I came up with the 25g of sugar per day rule if you want to follow it…its a good baseline to follow in case you get too carried away.

-raster

Thats pretty hard to follow when you consider the sugar content of beneficial veg like onions & cauliflower. Plus the limitation of protein on the strict diet – even more so if you weight more than 60kg.

I admire you & Able’s knowledge and research on these issues, but in my own case (at the start) I would always take in at least double that. Now i’m around 80-100 daily, sometime more if I eat swede or roasted buckwheat.

NowOrNever
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 14

80-100 grams of sugar per day?? isnt that the recommended intake for a “healthy” person already? I note that if you look at sugar in packaged food and what % of RDI they provide, it normally equates to about 100g per day.

Most of my sugar comes from natural yoghurt (5g/100g) and tomato (6g/100g).

Is there a limit for how many carbs you should have per day??

raster
    Participant

I agree, 80g of sugar per day sounds too high. Please list out what items contain so much sugar. I am on stage 3 so I am at this 80g level myself. The yogurt and apple I eat daily are about 25g so I am probably about 60gish or so.

-raster

benc

Y’day, which a pretty high carb day for me (I only eat starches like buckwheat or swede on the days I train): 135g – 82g from sugar.

Food which contains carbs:
    -50g of coconut flour
    -2 tbsp of cinnamon
    -400ml 2 day fermented raw goats milk
    -1 tbsp of cumin
    -1 tbsp of turmeric
    -60g of roasted buckwheat
    -2 small red onions
    -100g of sauerkraut
    -200ml of light coconut milk
    -100g of okra
    -1/4 of a head of roasted cauliflow
    -5g of chicory coffee
    -450g of goats milk yoguurt

raster
    Participant

You are talking about carbs while I am talking about sugar. There is about 1-2g of sugar in a loaf of coconut flour bread, so we are talking about different things here…the spices shouldn’t contain much sugar. I bet you are closer to 40g of sugar per day.

-raster

benc

raster wrote: Be careful with the coconut milk because it is highly inflammatory:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3114/2

-raster

I haven’t thoroughly researched this, but I think the data is based on the amount of saturated fat in coconut products, which as most are aware of in regards to coconut oil, doesn’t apply.

I would be interested to hear reason why coconut meat/milk/etc are inflammatory but the oil or the flour isn’t?

This thread makes me more comfortable about consuming coconut products: http://paleohacks.com/questions/3427/is-coconut-milk-inflammatory#axzz27UMyKSD7

raster
    Participant

The oil is even more inflammatory:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fats-and-oils/508/2

That is the highest I have seen on nutrition data. I couldn’t believe it.

I don’t have the answers to your questions but maybe able can chime in if he can even login to the forum. The forum is very slow for him so he isn’t using it.

-raster

benc

raster wrote: The oil is even more inflammatory:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fats-and-oils/508/2

That is the highest I have seen on nutrition data. I couldn’t believe it.

I don’t have the answers to your questions but maybe able can chime in if he can even login to the forum. The forum is very slow for him so he isn’t using it.

-raster

That makes me believe its based on it being a “saturated fat” & not taking into consideration the other benefits. At this stage of my treatment I found a good balance of foods & worked out the things my body struggles to tolerate. The latest thing that causes me problems is flax seed, it gives me stomach ache & toxic gas, otherwise i’ve been feeling pretty good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘max sugar intake on a bad day?’ is closed to new replies.