- June 28, 2011 at 3:02 am #63891
kryssyMemberTopics: 4Replies: 5
I am lucky enough to have a small Chinese supermarket about 20 kms away from me and they sell wonderful things like roasted sesame sauce. It is completely 100% sesame and delicious. If you are able to get anything similar where you live then this recipe is divine.
We cook these on a griddle pan outside in the sunshine but they can be cooked in a lightly oiled frying pan or perhaps a barbeque (we haven’t tried that yet)
For 4 people (non-Candida dieters don’t believe we can eat this!)
Begin a couple of hours before cooking.
You will need a clean non-used paint brush or fat pastry brush
4 chicken breasts – cut into medium slices
1 tablespoon sesame sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves – crushed
1 heaped teaspoon dried tarragon or 1 bunch of fresh
Salt and pepper
1. Place all the ingredients into a non-metallic bowl and toss around so the chicken gets coated.
2. Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours and toss around once or twice.
3. Heat up a griddle almost to maximum, or frying pan on medium high heat, and lightly oil.
4. Place the chicken pieces on the griddle and cook gently, turning regularly and each time you turn brush the remaining marinade on the upturned surface.
5. Depending on thickness they take about 10 – 15 minutes to cook through. Check carefully by cutting one and checking that there is no pink inside.
6. Serve with whatever you like. For outside eating we just have different salads made with seasonal vegetables, seeds and nuts. Jacket potatoes for the non-candida dieters or potato salad. (Oh, those happy days gone by of eating potatoes….. )
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.