Man this is tough..

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Man this is tough..

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  favre360 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

jackrackblack
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 12

I’m sooooo tired. I swear I must have been living off of Americano espresso drinks. Also, why the hell can’t I go “number 2?” I have went like 3 times in the past two weeks. I have tried Swedish Bitters, Slippery Elm, Chia Seeds etc… It’s creepy to think about all the food sitting in me. Today I just gave up and am drinking Epsom Salt/Water to move some of this out. Oh, I have also been taking HCl after meals as well. Nothing is working. It’s almost like my body needs to be backed up for the stool to move. Like after the juice fast I did I have to jam the pipes up so much that it will start pushing through again. Terrible.

favre360
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 21

Spend about an hour doing dynamic stretching, ab exercises, and yoga. Finish it all off with a good static stretch. All that movement should naturally squish it out of you. Strength training in the morning keeps me awake all day.

jackrackblack
    Replies: 12

favre360;53623 wrote: Spend about an hour doing dynamic stretching, ab exercises, and yoga. Finish it all off with a good static stretch. All that movement should naturally squish it out of you. Strength training in the morning keeps me awake all day.

I’ve been trying to work my way into it. It’s colder than all hell here right now and I have boatloads of studying to do. I imagine once I can get myself to start I should be able to keep it up. It’s just the starting part that is always so damn hard.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Replies: 375

I’ve found that apple cider vinegar speeds up my digestion somewhat. You could try that and see how it goes. Be warned though, you’ll likely experience a herxheimer reaction for a while after starting on it. If you decide to try it, make sure to get the ACV that is unpasteurized with the ‘mother’.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you were to eat a combination of rutabega and oat bran…this is enough fiber to cause you to go.

If you can do some like walks this helps.

You need to drink plenty of water to keep things flowing. If you are dehydrated then it’ll be hard to go.

Chew your food 30+ times per each bite. This will allow for better digestion.

Drink some antifungal teas such as chamomile (gives you energy and promotes digestion), nettle leaf tea, dandelion tea, licorice tea, etc. Also consider trying throat coat tea which is anti-inflammatory.

Instead of bitters you might want to try digestive enzymes. Also, all antifungals should help you go to the bathroom. Consider trying out L-glutamine, anti-inflammatories, etc. There are a lot more digestive aids. All liver supplements improve digestion also.

-raster

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

You can also do self-massage to get your bowels moving. I’ve done this as a massage therapist with clients before and it’s quite effective.

Lie flat on your back and relax your abdominals.

You can alternate two different patterns of massage. It may take 20 minutes or so to get things moving, so be patient.

Your colon starts and rises on the right side, an inch or two in from the fold where your thigh meets your abdomen. You can massage it up the right side of your abdomen until you hit the lower edge of your rib cage. Then you can follow it straight across your abdomen at or slightly above your belly button. It dives south again on the left side and angles back in roughly parallel and an inch or two in from to the inguinal fold (the crease where your thigh meets your abdomen.) If you need to move your bowels, you’ll be able to feel your colon as a more solid feeling tube of material. You can do all this work through clothing, or you can use a bit of oil and work on bare skin. Olive oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, anything edible will be fine for your skin.

The first massage move you can do is to rub with your whole palm or the flat of your first three fingers, using moderate pressure and a fairly slow pace in a clockwise circle (if you were looking down onto your belly from above) starting on the lower right side, across the midline and down the left side. Find a pace that feels comfortable and experiment with increasing pressure a bit. No need to go deeply, don’t make it painful. You’re just trying to wake up the peristaltic motion urges.

You can alternate this with some small circling motions using the first two or three finger pads (the part of the finger you’d get fingerprinted from). Make small circles about the size of a half dollar over the same pathway, starting at the lower right border of your abdomen. Slide your fingers an inch or so further along the pathway after each circle that you make, up the right side, across the midline and down the left side. Again, experiment with increasing the pressure of the circles, but don’t make it painful. Do several rounds of the tiny circles then switch back to the broader massage.

Keep switching off between the two techniques for 15-20 minutes. Don’t despair if you don’t get a bowel movement after the first attempt. Try again the next morning. You could probably do this twice a day until you get a bowel movement.

Hope this helps,
    Sue

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

SueSullivan;53636 wrote: You can also do self-massage to get your bowels moving. I’ve done this as a massage therapist with clients before and it’s quite effective.

You can alternate two different patterns of massage. It may take 20 minutes or so to get things moving, so be patient.

Your colon starts and rises on the right side, an inch or two in from the fold where your thigh meets your abdomen. You can massage it up the right side of your abdomen until you hit the lower edge of your rib cage. Then you can follow it straight across your abdomen at or slightly above your belly button. It dives south again on the left side and angles back in roughly parallel and an inch or two in from to the inguinal fold (the crease where your thigh meets your abdomen.) If you need to move your bowels, you’ll be able to feel your colon as a more solid feeling tube of material. You can do all this work through clothing, or you can use a bit of oil and work on bare skin. Olive oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, anything edible will be fine for your skin.

The first massage move you can do is to rub with your whole palm or the flat of your first three fingers, using moderate pressure and a fairly slow pace in a clockwise circle (if you were looking down onto your belly from above) starting on the lower right side, across the midline and down the left side. Find a pace that feels comfortable and experiment with increasing pressure a bit. No need to go deeply, don’t make it painful. You’re just trying to wake up the peristaltic motion urges.

You can alternate this with some small circling motions using the first two or three finger pads (the part of the finger you’d get fingerprinted from). Make small circles about the size of a half dollar over the same pathway, starting at the lower right border of your abdomen. Slide your fingers an inch or so further along the pathway after each circle that you make, up the right side, across the midline and down the left side. Again, experiment with increasing the pressure of the circles, but don’t make it painful. Do several rounds of the tiny circles then switch back to the broader massage.

Keep switching off between the two techniques for 15-20 minutes. Don’t despair if you don’t get a bowel movement after the first attempt. Try again the next morning. You could probably do this twice a day until you get a bowel movement.

Hope this helps,
    Sue

I used to use this technique on my baby sister & son when they were infants and inconsolable. Many times it was followed by a big fart and they would calm right down lol

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

impossible;53639 wrote:

You can also do self-massage to get your bowels moving. I’ve done this as a massage therapist with clients before and it’s quite effective.

Hope this helps,
    Sue

I used to use this technique on my baby sister & son when they were infants and inconsolable. Many times it was followed by a big fart and they would calm right down lol

*chuckle* I thought I was the only one that did this…

favre360
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 21

jackrackblack;53632 wrote:

Spend about an hour doing dynamic stretching, ab exercises, and yoga. Finish it all off with a good static stretch. All that movement should naturally squish it out of you. Strength training in the morning keeps me awake all day.

I’ve been trying to work my way into it. It’s colder than all hell here right now and I have boatloads of studying to do. I imagine once I can get myself to start I should be able to keep it up. It’s just the starting part that is always so damn hard.

According to google the temperature in Andorra for today should be 43/28F. In upstate NY where I am it’s 8:38pm and 20F (-7C), but feels much colder with the wind. I’m about to go brush an inch of snow off my car and drive 2 miles to the gym. If I can do that, you can turn the heat up in your house and do some stretches in the living room!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Man this is tough..’ is closed to new replies.