Making meals in advance? Adding foods?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Making meals in advance? Adding foods?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Day 18 forum cleanse & protocol newbie here. Looking for any advice on efficient food preparation tips for making meals in advance.

Between my last (hopefully) candida outburst before I started the treatment, and the radical change from the cleanse and diet, I’ve lost 25 pounds. I’m 6 feet tall and 34. I was very in shape…now I have to find new clothes, like many of you have. But I’m trying to stay positive! I can FEEL & SEE again for the first time in 2 years! My skin is smooth & soft…I laughed hysterically at the Dave Chappelle concert 2 nights ago. I haven’t laughed hard since 2010.

My mainstays in the allowed diet are:
    Hard-boiled eggs (leave shell on until eating time), squash, zucchini, onions, spinach lettuce (pre-washed), green bell peppers, avocados, asparagus, broccoli, brussel sprouts, garlic, green beans, jalapenos, kim chi.

Some questions – –

Anyone steam these in large quantities and store for multiple meals? If so, anybody have tricks of the trade to share…right now I’m steaming everything in the morning…eating a salad w/ eggs, veggies, and avocado for breakfast, and packing the leftovers for lunch. Then at night I repeat the process for dinner and a late night snack. I’m eating the same thing 4 times a day.

Can I microwave raw squash & zucchini if I’m at work with no oven access?

Is organic okra out of a frozen bag ok?

Are artichokes worth making? If so, how?

When can I have organic hemp seeds? Any suggested brand?

Can I have hemp protein mixed with water I guess?

P.S. Can’t wait to test bites of Chicken on Monday, and bites of Coconut Bread on Thursday!

My thoughts go out to everyone on this forum.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Titan.

Can I microwave raw squash & zucchini if I’m at work with no oven access?

I don’t see why not.

Is organic okra out of a frozen bag ok?

Any green, frozen vegetables are fine.

Are artichokes worth making? If so, how?

They’re on the diet and provide a prebiotic for the Candida. Sorry, can’t help you with “how.”

When can I have organic hemp seeds? Any suggested brand?

Yes. Brand doesn’t matter so much as getting organic does.

Can I have hemp protein mixed with water I guess?

Yes, just check the ingredients.

P.S. Can’t wait to test bites of Chicken on Monday, and bites of Coconut Bread on Thursday!

I hope you like the breads because they should help in stopping the weight loss. Try the oat bran bread as well, it seems to be my favorite now. Brush a slice with olive oil and sprinkle mixed herbs over the top, pop it in the toaster oven for several minutes, and it makes a delicious delicious herb bread.

Good luck.
    Able

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Making meals in advance? Adding foods?’ is closed to new replies.