making kefir question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions making kefir question

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hallmark 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

1. The kefir grains I purchased arrived in a small zip lock bag, is that sanitary??

2. After letting the kefir ferment for 12-24 hours, then can I put it in the fridge?

3. I took a sniff of the kefir grains and it smelled like sour, spoiled milk…I’m assuming that’s normal?

Hallmark
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 6

Angel,
    From my limited experience, here are some answers. My kefir grains came from the Kefir Lady in a small ziploc bag. I put these in a quart jar and added 2 cups milk. Each morning I pull out the grains with clean hands and put these in a new clean jar then add 2 cups fresh milk. This gets left out on the counter with a cloth cover. The “old” kefir milk can then be consumed, or put in the fridge to keep a while, or left out on the counter to get “stronger” for another day. The smell and taste is a bit tangy and sour. It gets more tangy and sour the older it is.
    Try a search for the Kefir Lady’s website and Dom’s Kefir website (he’s Australian) for more information.
    I like growing it so far; it’s like keeping a pet you can eat!

Hallmark

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘making kefir question’ is closed to new replies.