Making a treatment plan

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Making a treatment plan

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CuringMyGut 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

CuringMyGut
    Participant
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 14

Hi,

Because I do not know exactly what I have, I am going to try multiple things and see what works. I am going to start with a SIBO diet (low carb / low fiber) like GAPS intro diet and will be using berberine, oregano oil (short term) and enteric coated peppermint capsules + SF722 for biofilm. Later I will continue my candida diet. To keep candida in check I will be eating virgin coconut oil. Sounds good?

General question: When I take a large amount of fermented vegatables (quite a bit more powerful than normal probiotics) that I have cultured with a 14 strain probiotic, my brain fog disappears for maybe 1 or 2 days. What can this indicate?

doublek
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 46

This sounds like a good plan. The SF722 actually helps with candida, not so sure about sibo though. The peppermint will also help with the candida. A good biofilm buster for the sibo is lactoferrin.

CuringMyGut
    Participant

Are you saying that not all biofilms are the same, so sf722 is not effective for bacterial biofilm in case of SIBO. Lactoferrin, is this not a form of iron, doesn’t iron supplementation feed candida? Is there another biofilm buster for SIBO?

If so, thank you very much, must have missed this part of info.

doublek
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 46

I could be wrong but, as far as I know SF722 (undecenoic acid) is an antifungal and I don’t believe its considered a a biofilm buster. Lactoferrin is a protein found in cow’s milk. The way I understand it, Lactoferrin does not contain iron, but what it does is bind iron in your body together which makes it difficult for the bacteria to use. This can have the effect of increasing iron levels because the iron will now be used by your body instead of the bacteria. By depriving the biofilm of iron it breaks it up. I believe that are other biofilm busters out there, but this is the one I have experience with.

CuringMyGut
    Participant

I looked it up and SF722 is both an antifungal and a biofilm buster like lactoferrin, probiotics, digestive enzymes, EDTA (metal chelator, look out!), Oregano oil (short term use).

I am going to use SF722 and from time to time use oregano oil (as backup). I read SF722 can be used long term, because candida has a hard time fighting against it (long time for tolerance).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Making a treatment plan’ is closed to new replies.