Make a Candida smoothie for me !

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Make a Candida smoothie for me !

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MEADOW 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

MEADOW
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 10

I am following the Candida diet as well as I can. Before this, I was making a
    “green” smoothie every morning.

Ingredients: 3-4 handful of kale, spinach or romaine, a fruit such as banana, pear, blueberries, apple or mango. 1 or 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 tablespoons ground flaxseed, citrus either whole orange or 1/2 lemon. Crushed ice and filter water. Sometimes I will add 1/2 cup of homemade almond milk.

So, following stage 1 And 2 of the Candida diet. What are some suggestions for
    a good smoothie?

Thank you,

meadow

mandabear
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

I’m new to this, so someone else should chime in as to what exactly is or is not allowed on the diet.

I think the key to a good green smoothie is A) something a bit sweet, and B) something a bit creamy. Normally I would use bananas for creaminess and sweetness. Obviously that’s not alloweed.

I would play around with a combination of either avocado or coconut oil (for creaminess) and a tiny bit of stevia (for sweetness).

You could add herbs, like mint, for extra flavor. Adding lemon might give it some tartness as well, and citric acid can help break down the spinach so your body can utilize more of its nutrients.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

All I got to say is that its best if your body to naturally digests foods instead of you doing the work for your gut via smoothies. Sounds pretty healthy tho, but I haven’t seen it fully recommended.

MEADOW
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 10

Thank you for the replies. I will have to try the avocado. Thank you.

Raster, green smoothies are just part of what I eat during the day. It is a quick, easy,nutritious start to my day.

Meadow

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Make a Candida smoothie for me !’ is closed to new replies.