Maintenance

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Maintenance

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

lashes86
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 24

Hi All;

I am new to this site and would appreciate some information/feedback. I have been on a Candida Cleanse for a little more than 3 months now. My Naturopath said that I should be done within 1 month from now. However, I did ask her what happens after?? Can I eat normally again? Is this a long life battle? She told me that 80% of the time I should follow the yeast cleanse and that 20% of the time that I can cheat. Is this the case for any of you? I’m afraid that if I do cheat 20% of the time, that my yeast will come back full force..

Any advice..?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am sorta wondering the same thing. I think in general, the traditional western diet is very unhealthy; and this is apart of the answer. If you stick to healthy foods; ones without sugar, iodized salt, molds…but with lots of veggies, you will be very healthy in the long run.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

lashes86 wrote: I’m afraid that if I do cheat 20% of the time, that my yeast will come back full force…

The way I see this is, a long-lasting Candida infestation is a serious illness, as serious as just about any other illness, after all, it’s considered a life-threatening disease by many researchers.

Ask yourself this question, would I want to have 20% of my problems back?

I believe a good maintenance plan is necessary for the rest of the life of anyone who suffered from a Candida albicans infestation for more than six months.
    This would mean no sugar products and no wheat products at all, and potatoes, pasta, and rice possibly only two to three times a week at the very most. Red meat eaten only twice a week. Maintenance should also include a good probiotic source, most preferably kefir; also a regimen of vitamins such as A, D3, E, C and Calcium, Magnesium, and Zinc. In addition, a diet which promotes a well working immune system is highly important. This would be a minimal of caffeine if any at all.

If anyone who has ever had the infestation and recovered should have to take a course of antibiotics, they should go back on the diet and all supplements including probiotics immediately to prevent a recurrence.

Able

lashes86

Thank you both for your replies. I definitely do not want 20% of my problem back. Just an example, I was doing great on my cleanse.. almost at my 3 months mark when I had to go in for surgery. I ended up taking antibiotics, loaded up on probiotics, however my yeast came back. My stomach has been suffering from it for about 1 month now. I’m back at step 1 of my cleanse for 2 weeks, and step 2-3 for the remainder of my cleanse (which should be done in 1 month from now).

I never looked at this as being an illness, but it does make sense now. It’s a long life battle. I’ve had this for as long as I can remember.

What about baking, do you guys have any tips on what type of ingredients that can be used (when I’m done my cleanse of course!). I heard of strap molasses, stevia, etc… Is this permitted?

Thanks a bunch 🙂

raster
    Participant

Research the alternative flours such as coconut flour, almond meal, tapioca flour, buckwheat flour, etc just to name a few. You can bake with these to create alright tasting breads.

Stevia is allowed and is a good replacement for sugar.

Consult a naturopathic doctor for best results.

lashes86

It’s funny though because I am permitted to use whole wheat flour (as per my Naturopath). My stomach seems to be fine with it too. Coconut flour seems to be a good idea though. Thanks!

Able900
    Spectator

lashes86: “… I am permitted to use whole wheat flour (as per my Naturopath). My stomach seems to be fine with it too. Coconut flour seems to be a good idea though.”

Raster: “Consult a naturopathic doctor for best results.”

That’s exactly why I don’t like to suggest for a person with a Candida infestation to visit a Naturopathic doctor; half of them don’t know what the hell they’re talking about as far as the Candida albicans are concerned, and they won’t take the time to do the research and find out what they need to know, yet they still manage to earn a living from what they’re supposedly doing.

I just posted the following in another post;

The treatment period will be longer when any type of grain is added to the diet. All the research I’ve found points to one fact; “all” grains will feed the Candida. To me this means that, even if you receive no Candida reaction from a grain, the grains have still supplied the Candida with a nice meal when the entire Candida diet is aimed at starving the Candida.

Lashes, your stomach may be ‘fine’ with wheat, but so is the Candida feeding on it.

By the way, keep in mind that coconut is not a grain, therefore the flour contains no grain at all.

Able

raster
    Participant

I’d go to a new doctor because wheat flour isn’t allowed…

I am sure there is a spectrum of naturopaths out there like colors to a rainbow, but if you find a good one, it’ll really speed up the recovery period.

lashes86

Thanks for the advice. I will look into buying some coconut and/or rice flour. I was also thinking that a bread maker would be a good investment. I’m thankful for having met my Naturopath for the fact that she has helped me get a grip on this problem. However, I did become a bit skeptical when she started telling me about the maintenance program. I cheated once on my cleanse and my stomach has been suffering ever since. I just recently got back on track.

Able900
    Spectator

raster wrote: I am sure there is a spectrum of naturopaths out there like colors to a rainbow, but if you find a good one, it’ll really speed up the recovery period.

Do you know how many naturopaths one must go through to find that ‘good’ one and how expensive that could be? No wonder you suggested taking out a loan in your other post. According to the stories I hear both online and off, about 4 out of 5 people who see naturopath doctors have something stupid to report that their doctor has them doing.

Able

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Maintenance’ is closed to new replies.