made kefir. Do I need probiotics

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions made kefir. Do I need probiotics

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Marbro 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mariegirl
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

Well, my attempt at making kefir was very successful and quite easy. My question is, if I stay on the kefir daily will I need to ever take a probiotic pill? And how much should I work up to on a daily basis? I’m going to start with 4 oz. morning and 4oz. in the evening. Is this a good start?

mariegirl

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

mariegirl wrote: Well, my attempt at making kefir was very successful and quite easy. My question is, if I stay on the kefir daily will I need to ever take a probiotic pill? And how much should I work up to on a daily basis? I’m going to start with 4 oz. morning and 4oz. in the evening. Is this a good start?

Normally you’ll need more bacteria strains. Does the label of the kefir box state how many strains your kefir contains?

The probiotic brands we recommend contain 14 strains, plus the DDS-1 strain which is important to a cure.

You can have as much kefir as you feel comfortable with — just as with any other healthy food source.

Able

tarag
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Hi there: Can I use Almond Milk to make the Kefir??

mariegirl
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

Hi able. The kefir grains I bought were through someone in their home. They are extremely healthy, but I didn’t ask how many stains they have.

mariegirl

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

tarag wrote: Hi there: Can I use Almond Milk to make the Kefir??

Coconut or goat’s milk are better choices.

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

mariegirl wrote: Hi able. The kefir grains I bought were through someone in their home. They are extremely healthy, but I didn’t ask how many stains they have.

mariegirl

There can be over 30 strains of bacteria alone, not counting the good yeast it has. And unlike some probiotics, there is usually no question they are alive 🙂

I cant anwser you question for able but I think he was assuming you got the powder starter stuff.

I personally take a probiotic pill at night along with kefir. I just take kefir in the morning on an empty stomach. I also drink water kefir throughout the day..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘made kefir. Do I need probiotics’ is closed to new replies.