low white blood cell count?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions low white blood cell count?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mazz 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mazz
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 30

I’ve just had a load of blood tests done to check on my thyroid, as I was diagnosed with thyroid nodules about 4 months ago, just before starting this diet.

The blood count results came back today (still waiting on the thyroid ones) and the only thing out of the ordinary is a slightly low white blood cell count (just outside the normal range). Does anyone know anything about this? Could it be a consequence of being on the diet, and of my body still being busy fighting the candida off? (not symptom free yet, although I’m much better and the doc also couldn’t find any nodules on my thyroid) Could it be because I’m lacking certain nutrients (I’m wondering about iron) on the diet? Or because I’m still breastfeeding my daughter and she’s had a bit of a stomach virus the last few days?

Those are my (optimistic) theories. Anyone got any experience?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The only thing I know about it is that your produce a bunch more white blood cells when you drink plenty of water; so if you are not drinking enough throughout the day, this is why it could be low. Ideally it’d be best to drink 90-120+oz of water per day.

-raster

mazz

Raster, could it reflect the fact that I walked 20 minutes to the clinic and it was 38C, so I was probably dehydrated when they took the blood?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think thats certainly possible…

-raster

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

My blood work came back like this in April, too. I’d been on the diet since January. I seem to still be ok, but I’m going to be retested next week.

It seems to be normal since candida is an infection when it gets out of control.

mazz

Thanks Hy. I’d be interested to know if yours has improved when you get the new results.

The thyroid results came back normal so they are not too concerned about anything for the moment. Going to see the endocrinologist in September just to make sure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘low white blood cell count?’ is closed to new replies.