Low stomach acid with candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Low stomach acid with candida?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CiproSucks 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

X0christinaa0x3
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 12

I posted this as a reply to my post from yesterday but wasn’t sure if it would be seen. sorry to post it again! : Alright everyone, I think i’m noticing a trend here. Today after eating chicken several times throughout the day, i think I have figured out the cause of my nightly stomach aches. I believe I mostly only eat chicken or meat at dinner time. Typicay I eat dinner at 5:30 (which is almost always chicken or salmon) and by 7:30 i’m hving stomach pains. Well today I ate chicken for lunch, between lunch and dinner, and for dinner. Everytime I had the meat, I got bloating afterwards. I think I may have low HCL and it’s prolonging digestion:( I am now sipping some ACV and do feel some relief but not sure if that’s a coincidence. If this is te case, it is probably likely my candida is due to low HCL so for the next few days..enzymes and AVC with each meal for me. Anyone else experience this?! Ouch it hurts!!!!

Also, can a bloodtest check for low HCL? I don’t want to go back to my gastrointerolist anymore and don’t want to go through the trouble of having the legit acid test. My pediatrician is the one working w. me on Candida so I don’t want other doctors involved! I’m 18 btw and have been on te diet for 2.5 months with major improvements in most areas except these nightly stomach aches

CiproSucks
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 22

Hi Christina, you might very well be on to something. I too now suspect that I have low stomach acids. For years I as taking two Zantacs a day for acid reflux, thinking all along that I had TOO MUCH stomach acid. Only recently did I learn that low stomach acid also causes acid reflux and heart burn. Of course, the manufacturers of these poisonous acid suppressors don’t tell us that. I haven’t yet had time to look into the matter so I don’t know how to go about getting tested for this, but I’m pretty sure it would require a trip to the doctor (something you and I would both love to avoid if possible!) If the enzyme isn’t helping enough I recommend you buy some DGL (deglycyrrhizinated licorice) and chew one 20 minutes before a meal. It’s all natural. Just make sure you don’t get the German Chocolate one because it has fruit sugars in it. Whatever you learn in your quest for an answer about your stomach acids, please share with us here.

Tom

X0christinaa0x3
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 12

CiproSucks;48120 wrote: Hi Christina, you might very well be on to something. I too now suspect that I have low stomach acids. For years I as taking two Zantacs a day for acid reflux, thinking all along that I had TOO MUCH stomach acid. Only recently did I learn that low stomach acid also causes acid reflux and heart burn. Of course, the manufacturers of these poisonous acid suppressors don’t tell us that. I haven’t yet had time to look into the matter so I don’t know how to go about getting tested for this, but I’m pretty sure it would require a trip to the doctor (something you and I would both love to avoid if possible!) If the enzyme isn’t helping enough I recommend you buy some DGL (deglycyrrhizinated licorice) and chew one 20 minutes before a meal. It’s all natural. Just make sure you don’t get the German Chocolate one because it has fruit sugars in it. Whatever you learn in your quest for an answer about your stomach acids, please share with us here.

Tom

I too was taking acid reducing medicines and i’m sure that made everything worse for us both:( it is my understanding that low stomach acid makes it hard to digest proteins, and it can cause candida overgrowth bc the candida can survive in the low acidic environment. There is a home test to see if you have low stomach acid. All you do is mix baking soda in water, and drink..then you see how long it takes to burp. I would post the link here for u but can’t do it on my phone:( just google “low HCL baking soda” and it will come up. I should try DGL again. I had been taking that months ago snd it did seem to help. I’m just afraid that the ingredients in it will feed candida now:(

CiproSucks
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 22

Thanks for the tip, Christina. I’m not sure how much faith I’d put in a burp test, but what the hell, right? 🙂

Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Low stomach acid with candida?’ is closed to new replies.