Low Potassium

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Low Potassium

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  quick 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

quick
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 49

Does anyone else have low potassium? Mine has been low for nearly 4 years and I was curious if anyone else was suffering from it to. Could it just be from my inability to absorb it?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

quick wrote: Does anyone else have low potassium? Mine has been low for nearly 4 years and I was curious if anyone else was suffering from it to. Could it just be from my inability to absorb it?

There are several possible causes of a potassium deficiency. But what’s unfortunate is, according to the Analytical Research Labs in Arizona, a potassium deficiency creates a favorable alkalizing environment which can perpetuate a Candida overgrowth. I imagine your infestation has been rather difficult to control, perhaps a bit worse than normal. This probably means that you would need to be even stricter with your diet, etc, than the normal sufferer. How long have you had Candida compared to the period of time you’ve suffered from low potassium?

As far as possible causes of a potassium deficiency are concerned, some of the most common are medications, kidney problems, diabetic ketoacidosis, and gastrointestinal tract problems (diarrhea, vomiting, overuse of laxatives). Trauma can also cause the appearance of a deficiency indirectly through the shifting of cells.

Able

quick

I started getting sick in September 08, general fatique, headaches, weakness. After my doctor ordered a blood test, he found I had really low potassium, 2.8 (Normal levels run between 3.5-5.0). I started going to a Kidney Doctor the following spring, March 09, as my general MD was having little success in getting the potassium level to go up.

I was put on a potassium supplement and a potassium sparing diuretic, a combination that would kill most people, that slowly allowed my potassium level to raise. While the kidney doctor concentrated on my potassium, all my symptoms got worse; Migraines, chronic fatigue, brain fog, and feeling intoxicated constantly.

Finally, May 2011 rolled around and my potassium levels were nearly normal, but I felt worse than ever, sleeping 14 hours a day and having migraines all the time. Anytime I ate anything I wanted to nap immediately. At this point I decided to go gluten-free and started feeling much better, but never fully healthy. My cravings for sugar went through the roof, I was downing 20 packs of smarties a day.

This January I went totally sugar free and grain free, and I have been improving slowly, as I don’t feel intoxicated as much, my brain fog has decreased, but I don’t have a lot of energy either. I also started a probiotic, Pearls IC, about 4 weeks ago.

Able900
    Spectator

The probiotic you’re taking contains just 1 billion CFU’s of bacteria. You’ll never completely cure your infestation with this. Read the post below which concerns natural probiotic sources and probiotic supplements:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

You should also read our protocol to see how the people on the forum are curing their infestation.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

If the die-off symptoms are still bothering you, you need to purchase Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate to safely remove the toxins from your body.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590

Able

quick

So I’m alright to try grains now?

Able900
    Spectator

quick wrote: So I’m alright to try grains now?

What do you mean by “grains”? If you’re speaking of wheat, the Candia will only feed on it and repopulate the intestines. You’ve not been on the treatment near long enough to be eating foods that will definitely feed the Candida.

Able

quick

I’m talking about quinoa and buckwheat, definitely not gluten, I’m not sure if I’ll ever be able to eat it.

As far as quinoa, does it naturally have sugar in it? Because the natural harvest brand 3 grams of sugar.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Low Potassium’ is closed to new replies.