Low blood pressure

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Low blood pressure

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tmi 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Hi

I’m having a quite low blood pressure. It is 105-73.
    Are there ways to elevate the blood pressure? I’m already eating a lot of salt, but that doesn’t seem to work.

Thanks.

beccana14
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 21

I’ve had this same problem for years; it runs in my family. I black out all the time when I stand up. My mom would always eat black licorice, because she remembers reading that it helped increase blood pressure. I don’t know where she got that information and haven’t bothered looking, but maybe there’s an ingredient found in black licorice that might help. Obviously the sugar wouldn’t help your candida problem.

I find that drinking plenty of water throughout the day helps a lot.

Rebecca

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

TheChosenOne;48767 wrote: Hi

I’m having a quite low blood pressure. It is 105-73.
    Are there ways to elevate the blood pressure? I’m already eating a lot of salt, but that doesn’t seem to work.

Thanks.

Actually 105-73 is definitely not considered low blood pressure. According to my doctor the most ideal Blood Pressure is between 105-110- 70-75.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Taking a hot bath/shower might help elevate it for a short while. Usually fatty, spicy, or salty foods should help increase blood pressure. Stay away from diuretics or any kind of herb that acts as a diuretic. The diuretics can cause mineral loss which can lower blood pressure. Sometimes eating excessive greens can even cause lower BP. Sodium and potassium levels in the body can relate to high or low BP.

Being in the hot sun can raise BP, whereas being in the cold can lower it. I’ve had to eat more salty/fatty foods/(some spicy on very cold days) in the winter to keep my blood pressure up due to my job being mostly outdoors. Very Low blood pressure can be very uncomfortable feeling where it can make you very disoriented and make you feel lightheaded almost to the point where you feel like your going to pass out. There’s been some instances in the past where I had to supplement with salt because my BP was getting to low. Some salty pork skins/sucking on some salty sunflower seeds will usually help. I try to stay away from the commercial pork skins because they can be fried in bad oil/fat(oil/fat that hasn’t been changed out enough).

tmi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 34

I’ve been on the diet for about 9 months and when I took a trip to Canada this summer I noticed I was often dizzy and close to fainting whenever I stood up too fast. I did have this on/off while growing up in Canada… So perhaps it is the altitude. I haven’t had any dizziness since returning to Texas. This summer I just tried to eat a lot and drink tons of water. My family kept blaming the diet for the dizziness. They thought I was starving myself :/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Low blood pressure’ is closed to new replies.