Losing faith in this

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Losing faith in this

This topic contains 20 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Ralph99xyz 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

hwc2020
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 55

Finished week 7 and haven’t cheated except for non organic foods when out (but still acceptable foods). Only real cheat was 1/4 cup of coffee.

I feel like giving up on this. I am really bloated, have no idea why, have headache, low energy again and pain running down the backs of my legs (feels like nerve ending stuff). HOW can I be feeling worse when I was starting to feel better.

Leaving for vacation Sunday and feel like ditching this whole thing. I really don’t see how this is working. I can see if I felt good but I don’t.

I also overdid it yesterday I did house work for about 6 hours trying to get my son’s room ready for renovating.

I’m hungry, cranky and tired of my pee smelling like asparagus.

If anyone wants to send me a personal story that this is normal and you feel really great for having stuck it out – please do so.

Thanks.

Regards,
    H

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

I don’t have a personal story for you as I’m only in my first week, but I have been doing a lot of reading about this and it seems like it can take more than two months before people start feeling better. I think Raster experienced a pretty long recovery process, Shayfo indicated the first month or two can be awful, AlexAlgebra reported feeling good after 3 months. Don’t forget how bad things were before you started this. That’s what keeps me going.

hwc2020

Thank you! I guess I just needed someone to talk to. We’re leaving for vacation. I am finishing up week 7 and my husband and kids are not getting this at all. They’re like ‘you’re starving, you’re too thin, and it’s not like you feel any better’. Today I was beginning to agree with them. Especially when my sinus headache came back. My entire point is to build my immunity and not get sick any longer. I have had zero fun this summer and I feel like I’m losing my family. They go off and have fun and I’m ‘go ahead I’m not feeling so great”. It’s getting depressing and I don’t want to ruin everyones vacation. I am usually very optimistic and I have great discipline, which is why I feel defeated. Not like I had a glass of wine and some pasta. Not sure why I feel bad again.

Anyway thanks for listening. Good luck on your journey. You’re fortunate to be here from the beginning. I was doing a different protocol and Able’s is the best I think. I hope your die-off goes quickly. Mine wasn’t too terrible. I mean it wasn’t great but I don’t think it was as long as some peoples. Everyone is different.

Feel good and keep coming to the forum.

Regards,
    H

SueSullivan

I’m feeling the exact same way, H. I just passed up a canoe outing with my husband and kids today because I really needed to rest. I’m not sure there’s a good time of year to do this though. I think it would be even harder to be starting out near the holidays.
    I just got back from a 2 week vacation in France, where I got to watch everyone eat the most amazing food. I have to say, traveling without eating out does diminish the experience, but I appreciated feeling so energetic and normal on the trip, so I persevered. I wouldn’t be surprised if you feel much better on vacation than you do now. It seems like there’s a bit of energetic magic that goes on with vacations — people often feel better without doing anything different, it seems.
    Wishing you fast progress and a great trip,
    Sue

hwc2020

Sue,

HI again. You are so spot on about the magic of vacations. Usually just having one on the horizon made me high. Now I am consumed with the craziness of ‘what can I eat, where can I eat, what if I can’t find what I need to eat”. I really don’t want to be Debbie Downer on vacation. I will cook, bring food, do the best I can and plan to stay on it.

France on the candida diet. I hope you didn’t have to tell anyone in Europe about this! No bread, no cheese, no wine, no heavy sauces? Why live. I jest, but seriously if you started out in France you can do this anywhere.

I’m going to go to sleep now. Good luck.

What were/are your symptoms of not feeling well?

Regards,
    H

SueSullivan

My long-term symptoms are anxiety (and depression I think, though that could have been just a result of experiencing the other symptoms), exhaustion, brain fog, rosacea on the face and some digestive disorderedness. Energy, mood and brain fog were the most debilitating (though the rosacea is annoying as all get out!) and all 3 were great during the trip and for the first few days after I got home. Until I kicked up the antifungals and probiotics. On the trip, I mostly focused on supporting the liver and keeping carbs to a minimum.

I packed ziplock bags of a buckwheat crepe-like recipe from the forum (I packed the buckwheat flour, baking powder, turmeric and salt, I think those were the ingredients) then I bought eggs on vacation and added oil, water and eggs to make them. I bought chicken and vegetables as well, and just sauteed up onions and zucchini or broccoli along with chicken each night, seasoned with lemon juice and sea salt, and ate before everyone went out to dinner or just stayed in. I boiled eggs for our outings, took those and some precooked chicken, sliced avocado and the buckwheat pancakes in a soft-sided cooler and sometimes I made a salad and topped it with egg and hemp seeds and chicken. I had tiny travel-sized shampoo bottles filled with water (so I could get them through airport security) that I re-froze every night. I did buy off-diet green olives there, because they were portable and high energy.

I also brought along ingredients for the buckwheat groats and oatbran and hempseed breakfast porridge that someone posted on the forum, and I had chicory coffee as well. I picked up some coconut milk in a grocery there and added that to my “coffee,” and I did bring xylitol and stevia along for the chicory as well, which helped when everyone around me was eating pastries and drinking cafe au lait. Oh, I also made up a sugar-free nutella spread from this recipe before I left and had a batch or two of the buckwheat crepes that didn’t have turmeric in them, so I could have nutella and crepes when I was really feeling desperate. http://livinghealthywithchocolate.com/desserts/healthy-homemade-nutella-1259/
    (I substituted 2-3 tbsp of xylitol for the coconut sugar.)

It was doable, and I enjoyed feeling really normal for the first time in months, so that kept me from being too morose about missing pain au chocolat, red wine, cheese, baguettes and the like. I did have most of one shot of whiskey on a couple of occasions when my husband and I were able to get out on our own in the evening, as I figured it wouldn’t feed the candida and my liver seemed okay.

Now that I’m back and on the strict diet, I’m feeling tired and just recently my anxiety has returned strongly. I think this is because of an awful motorcycle accident that happened in front of me earlier in the week. I’ve never witnessed a fatal accident before and I can’t really separate out the post-traumatic shock from the candida die-off effects right now. So I’m feeling pretty down right now, but I don’t know that I can blame the candida for that.

I hope you enjoy the trip and that getting out of the daily routine energizes you. And I hope you get to a turning point in your treatment soon!

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

I know that “losing faith” feeling and it sucks. Here’s my advice:

Research mercury toxicity. Did you know that amalgam/silver fillings are 50% mercury? Do you have any fillings? If not, are you an avid fish eater? Have you received a lot of immunizations? If so, the root cause of your issues is almost certainly mercury, not candida. In fact, almost all mercury poisoned people have yeast issues. The good thing about mercury poisoning is that it is treatable.

I too followed this diet with the intent of rebuilding my gut for over a year. I saw some improvement within a couple of months, but then got worse and have since been stuck on this same plateau. I then learned 4 months ago that I was mercury poisoned. I strongly urge you all to look into mercury poisoning and specifically Andy Cutler’s chelation protocol in order to get the mercury out. The candida diet followed on this forum is great for suppressing yeast symptoms, but will NOT cure you. If it did you would see a lot more success stories floating around here. Unlike candida, there are a good amount of mercury success stories out there.

HeatherJ
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 34

And another consideration: food allergies.

From my personal experience, dairy can turn a perfectly sane person into a complete nut-job. My family has a history of mental illness, so I just attributed my depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and panic attacks to bad genes. But it was getting so bad (nothing like immigrating to a new country to make one a wee-bit anxious) that I made an appointment with doctors experienced in Borderline Personality Disorder for meds. Then my aunt suggested I give-up dairy. She said, “Honey, that shit can throw you off your rocker!”

Now, two months later, I am perfectly fine; the crazies are gone.

The dairy allergy is a real bummer, since I live in The Netherlands-famous for their cheeses, and I don’t have any real dairy substitutes available.

Keep in mind that with the Candida, you are more vulnerable to food allergies. Might be worth checking into.

Either way, I hope you feel better. And don’t ever let anyone ever convince you to sway from your intentions; they don’t have to live in your body.

DaughterNature
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 82

Hello Heahter,

Someone may have already mentioned this, but you do not have to feel better to show progress. Sometimes the die-off symptoms (meaning you are eliminating the Candida from your body) are a sign of progress. In a way we should be saying congratulations on feeling crappy–it probably means you’re doing something right. If you go back to eating things that make you feel better but are not on the strict diet, then you’ve wasted some valuable time, money, and stress. Plus, you may never heal and end up suffering in the long run.

🙂

shayfo
    Replies: 668

I felt terrible for a month, bad for another month, sorta crappy for another month…and then better, ish, gradually. It’s slow. It’ll get better if you stick with it. It just takes (a lot of) time.

hwc2020

Thank you everyone. I so appreciate the sharing and the well wishes. I only know how to reply to the last thread so hope this reaches everyone.

I will look into mercury although I only have 2-3 fillings. They are old though. I don’t eat much fish. Maybe 2x a week (now) and only wild salmon and shrimp (I know still mercury).

I do have a sensitivity to the protein in lactose so haven’t had real milk in years. I would do ok with greek yogurt and a little organic lactose free milk. Have stopped both since candida but don’t think it’s that.

Really enjoyed the ‘congratulations you feel like crap’ well guess it means it’s working.

I swear I am known for my optimism. It’s just been such a different summer and my family misses the old me. I was active, fun, and now I can’t really do anything and in their minds I need to eat for energy and this sounds nuts to them. I don’t even talk about other than this board because most people also think it’s extreme and don’t really understand it.

I spent the entire day, and I mean the entire day cooking food to bring on vacation.

Anyone on here get completely healthy and back to eating normally. By the way my normal before candida was ‘green smoothies, all organic and clean eating’. This is why my family thinks it’s nuts that I have this. My only change is one piece of organic whole grain toast in the morning, organic coffee in the morning and some chocolate in my organic rice protein shake, and two glasses of wine on weekends. I was hardly living on the edge. I miss my energy and my ability to exercise.

So we get everything back and then some right?

Feel good!
    Regards,
    H

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

You say more bloating?

What amount of probiotics are you on? And what kind?

What do you use as antifungals? GSE? Oil of oregano?

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

hwc2020;47113 wrote:
    I will look into mercury although I only have 2-3 fillings. They are old though. I don’t eat much fish. Maybe 2x a week (now) and only wild salmon and shrimp (I know still mercury).

I’m glad you are considering the mercury issue. Also, just so you know 2-3 fillings is more than enough to build up a significant mercury toxicity. Of course, this also depends on how long you have had them.

Also, in almost all cases bloating is a sign of low stomach acid. Sometimes it means high stomach acid, but very rarely. You could try taking Betaine HCL with pepsin with your meals and see if this helps with that issue. I used to get bloating all the time and have found relief from this problem by taking both Swedish Bitters (something Able recommends) and Betaine HCL with my meals. If you’re interested here’s a link that talks about how you should supplement with HCL:

http://scdlifestyle.com/2012/03/how-to-supplement-with-betaine-hcl-for-low-stomach-acid/

hwc2020

Thank you for the responses. Everyday a new supplement is suggested. This is getting expensive. I swear this weekend I feel like I was better when I was sick. At least I would have fun every now and then. This has been zero fun and I still don’t feel great. I think it’s making me depressed. Just order the HLC and the bitters. We will see. Is it mercury, candida, low stomach acid, low immunity, is it all in my head? I guess the people that do feel good don’t come on here any more but it doesn’t sound like anyone feels all that great. Tomorrow starts day one of week 8. I will give this one more month. If I don’t feel better by 3 months than this is just nuts. I was really healthy until a 14 months ago.

How does the mercury thing work? You have your fillings removed by a holistic dentist and candida goes away? I am very worried about the mercury traveling and feeling worse. Can someone who has done this weigh in? Thanks everyone.

Regards,
    H

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

hwc2020;47122 wrote:
    How does the mercury thing work? You have your fillings removed by a holistic dentist and candida goes away? I am very worried about the mercury traveling and feeling worse. Can someone who has done this weigh in? Thanks everyone.

Regards,
    H

The first step to mercury detoxification is getting rid of your amalgams, yes. After removing the amalgams some people suddenly get better, but this seems to be a pretty rare exception to the general rule. After the source of mercury is removed, you must undergo a chelation protocol to remove mercury and other metals from your body. A lot of people report their food sensitivities and overall digestion improve greatly as chelation goes on. Not to mention improvements in other symptoms that Candida sufferers suffer from such as brain fog, depression, and other neurological symptoms.

Here’s a link to check out which describes in much more detail the mercury issue and the safest, most effective protocol used to rid the body of mercury after amalgam removal: http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/

If you decide to get your fillings removed (highly recommended) you must make sure to go to a biological or holistic dentist who is well aware of the dangers of mercury and takes the necessary precautions when removing the fillings. It is inevitable that you will have some mercury issues crop up after removal, but the goal is to minimize this danger/exposure. If you go to a regular dentist and have him drill out your fillings with no precautions you can get much worse.

Here’s another link about the amalgam removal process: http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/dentalnetwork/mercury-amalgam-removal/

IMO, the owner of that site is spot on with his articles and recommendations. He is also mercury poisoned and is chelating/has chelated with the Andy Cutler protocol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Losing faith in this’ is closed to new replies.