Losing faith in humanity and homeopathy…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Losing faith in humanity and homeopathy…

This topic contains 32 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  1533jd 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Raster I’ll reply to you in a little bit. Thanks ever so much!

JD

1533jd

Thanks Kag so much aswell I’ll get back to you aswell in a weee bit!

JD

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

JD,
    Are you using the strict forum diet that you have to message Able0900 for? Most of us are using this with absolutely no pumpkin, red peppers, yellow squash, potatoes, corn, tomatoes, tomatillos, or mushrooms. These either have too much sugar or mold easily and feed the yeast.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Have you been diagnosed by a MD for SIBO or has your homeopath just told you this?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

“But I dont use very much at all at the moment and I still get depressed, react very quickly and angrily when someone makes me stressed, almost like a snappy kind of anger, which is not nice. I think it has to be the SIBO.”

These are liver symptoms and your naturopath should know how to treat a liver that is causing these symptoms. Dying bacteria can cause stress to your liver but these are not SIBO symptoms.

I think you are confused a little bit about SIBO symptoms and what it is. Here is some info:

“The entire gastrointestinal tract, including the small intestine, normally contains bacteria. The number of bacteria is greatest in the colon (at least 1,000,000,000 bacteria per milliliter (ml) of fluid) and much lower in the small intestine (less than 10,000 bacteria per ml of fluid). Moreover, the types of bacteria within the small intestine are different than the types of bacteria within the colon. Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) refers to a condition in which abnormally large numbers of bacteria (at least 100,000 bacteria per ml of fluid) are present in the small intestine and the types of bacteria in the small intestine resemble more the bacteria of the colon than the small intestine.”

“Anything that interferes with the progression of normal muscular activity through the small intestine can result in SIBO. Simply stated, any condition that interferes with muscular activity in the small intestine allows the bacteria to stay longer and multiply in the small intestine. The lack of muscular activity also may allow bacteria to spread backwards from the colon and into the small intestine. “

“The symptoms of SIBO include:
    excess gas,
    abdominal bloating and distension,
    diarrhea, and
    abdominal pain. “

“The two most common treatments for SIBO in patients with IBS are oral antibiotics and probiotics. Probiotics are live bacteria that, when ingested by an individual, result in a health benefit. The most common probiotic bacteria are lactobacilli (also used in the production of yogurt) and bifidobacteria. Both of these bacteria are found in the intestine of normal individuals. There are numerous explanations for how probiotic bacteria might benefit individuals. However, the beneficial action has not been identified clearly. It may be that the probiotic bacteria inhibit other bacteria in the intestine that may be causing symptoms, or it may be that the probiotic bacteria act on the host’s intestinal immune system to suppress inflammation.”

http://www.medicinenet.com/small_intestinal_bacterial_overgrowth/page2.htm

And this is not completely directly tied to your first statement “I still get depressed, react very quickly and angrily when someone makes me stressed, almost like a snappy kind of anger, which is not nice. I think it has to be the SIBO.”

Totally different symptoms. Might be more candida symptoms than SIBO…

Your diet sounds pretty strict “duck, chicken, cabbage, Brussel Sprouts, Courgettes, Onions, Green peppers, Spinach, Lettuce, Rocket, green beans, Leeks” and I would look into expanding this more if possible. Try out some more foods if you can, you need better nutrition.

-raster

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi Thomas! – How are you doing brother? Thanks for the response. This sounds very interesting what you’ve said about the intestines. It makes sense that I should address the SIBO first. Some people say SIBO is quite easy to get rid of whilst some say its extremely difficult to get rid of. Not really sure what to believe.. Whats your opinion now?
    ———————-
    I believe its both. What is good is that you will noticed that you are not a victim and dont understand what is going on. But you will have to change your life and for some this is very hard. I am not healed yet but I manage the symptoms. I feel good but my diet is very restricted. I want to come back to a level where I can eat all the SCD allowed fruit and veggies. Right now I am mainly eating brew and soupe types. I eat very little veggies and cut off all the peels. (fibre) and even filter out all seeds etc. Gelantine is a good thing to add to all your soups and you can blend the powder with a juice of a pressed grapefruit etc.
    Your cells need protein, fat and glucose. Now I want to give my body strenght so the immunesystem builds up again. I follow right now the SCD diet! You should read two books they will teach you a lot.

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Vicious-Cycle-Intestinal-Through/dp/0969276818/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362773735&sr=1-1&keywords=SCD

and

http://www.amazon.com/New-IBS-Solution-Mark-Pimentel/dp/0977435601
    ———————-

I guess you have found it quite easy to treat seeing that you noticed such a huge improvement in your cognition after…3 days?! Thats amazing! Im starting to get slightly optimistic, the problem is, is that I haven’t been eatin any fibre at all really in my diet…except from the vegetables below, most of the veg I ate is in the really low fibre category. Just to let you know I’ve been cheating a little bit recently…I ate a piece of gluten free toast just now and have begun to get gassy, is that from the fibre? Theres only 2.3grams in a slice.
    ————-
    For you 2 gram is not a lot but for a bacteria which you see only in the microscop its a lot. With food they will doubble and mulitply every 20 minutes. All veggies here in the candida forum are designed to be pre-probiotics, feeding bacteria. Its a good thing if you are balanced but bad if you have SIBO
    ————–

I dont have any diarrhoea really, only when I’ve taken too many digestive enzymes. I do though get quite alot of intense constipation. Are you saying I should just eat bone broth and soup for a week or so? What about sugar etc?

—————-
    If you are constipated you have a bacteria which is producing methane gas. They like to constipate you to keep the food longer having a party. Your intestines will produce muccus to protect the guts. The troubble with that is that the food will not come in contact with the enzyms. That means your cells dont get food and you are malnutritioned. While the bacteria get the food. Hopefully if you do the brew for 3 to 5 days BUT NOT LONGER you will notice a big change. If they bacteria has died down the constipation should be less too because of less methan gas producing bacteria. Otherwise try other messures to get the constipation loose without the fibre. About sugar: Honey is ok to use little, because its a monosaccaride and will give your cells glucose. Your body needs it and its getting into your system in the first section of the small intestines. Dont take a lot so, because of the candida.

This was my regime. KISS meaning Keep it simple stupid! The cells need protein, fat and glucose. I eat fatty brew, chicken meat for protein and gelatin powder in the soup, I eat lard and coconut fat, olive oil, and have a little honey in a weak coffe at times. Sometimes I eat a brown spotted banana steaked in olive oil. That too is a monosaccharide and gives me glucose and potasium. I steak minced meat with himalaya salt, steak myself some tomato and eggplant and eat it with lots of olive oil. I drink lemmon, lime and grapfruit. I press them out, delute them with water and filter out the fibre.

With that diet I keep the symptoms in controll. I write down what I eat, check the symptoms and than I start adding, testing one new item at the time.

———————-

So glad to hear your improving, well done! Hopefully I can follow suit soon!!

—————–

Me too mate! Do the intro diet from GAPS or SCD diet. That is a good start. Stopp for now with all types of supplements. Remember the motto: KISS(Keep it simple stupid) 😉
    —————————

Hope I’ve also been able to give you a bigger picture of my situation. I’ve got the gut and psychology book, so thats a good start!

—————-
    Great tell me how the book is, I am planning to buy it too. Hear great things about it.
    —————

Best Wishes
    JD
    ————-
    you too mate! Good luck to you! Write me a PM otherwise I might miss your post and tell me how you are doing!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster;38425 wrote: I am going to start a chelation protocol soon myself and I think you will see immediate results within 6 months. I also started an alkalization therapy recently and this has reduce some of my remaining symptoms. I might write a post about it but I feel lot more normal after raising my pH.

Raster, I’m surprised as I didn’t know you were actually following through with this. I’m also curious; which one of your ‘doctors’
    is performing this alkalizing therapy. Also, how exactly did he test you to come up with the results that you were too acidic?

Able

raster
    Participant

I don’t want to get into a pH debate but I am getting close to pH neutral. A lot of my remaining symptoms have lifted since doing this and I generally feel a lot better. I am taking pleo alkala antacid powder and pleo citro (citric acid) homeopathic. I am using pH test strips to test my urine pH.

-raster

1533jd

Emsmith;38557 wrote: JD,
    Are you using the strict forum diet that you have to message Able0900 for? Most of us are using this with absolutely no pumpkin, red peppers, yellow squash, potatoes, corn, tomatoes, tomatillos, or mushrooms. These either have too much sugar or mold easily and feed the yeast.

Hi Emsmith, thanks for the response. If you check my post to Mrs Candida, thats what my diet consists of which is actually quite alot more limited than the forum diet.

JD

1533jd

klips32;38561 wrote: Have you been diagnosed by a MD for SIBO or has your homeopath just told you this?

Sorry for any confusion, I believe he must be a naturopath, an actual qualified doctor specifically for candida, gut problems etc etc.
    I have had a series of tests which shown that I have bacterial dysbiosis and my most recent tests have shown it has got worse. Makes sense as I never really clicked that I had that along with Candida etc, doh!

JD

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster;38577 wrote: I don’t want to get into a pH debate but I am getting close to pH neutral. A lot of my remaining symptoms have lifted since doing this and I generally feel a lot better. I am taking pleo alkala antacid powder and pleo citro (citric acid) homeopathic. I am using pH test strips to test my urine pH.

Not looking for a debate here either, just stating facts, not necessarily for you but others are reading this thread as well.

I’ve talked about this before but I appreciate the chance to explain it again; the body is a heck of a lot smarter than we give it credit for, or if you believe in any kind of a God, maybe he’s the one who’s smarter than we think. The body was created with its own methods of maintaining the body pH to prevent over acidity as well as over alkalinity. Our respiration system is the primary method since, if the pH begins dropping meaning becoming too acidic, the respiration increases in order to decrease carbonic acid and lactate which corrects the pH. If our body starts to go too alkaline then our respiration would decrease in order to increase carbonic acid and lactate which would correct the over-alkalinity. So with this fact in mind, I think the best way to determine the general state of your body’s pH is to pay attention to your respiration function and whether or not it ever noticeably changes without reason. There are other pH adjusting systems in the body, but I imagine most folks get the general idea.

Neither the saliva nor the urine pH correlates to blood pH, so reading the pH of the urine doesn’t tell you anything about
    the general pH of the body, only a waste-filled by-product of the body, urine.

When people try to alkalize the body, they usually just put more stress on their body because then the body has to go through the process of attempting to increase acidity to compensate for the possible state of alkalosis.

The truth is, people with healthy kidneys and lungs do not experience the body pH becoming too acidic or too alkaline unless they do or have something that causes it, such as over-dosing on substances which could possibly change the pH, allowing themselves to become severely dehydrated, overdosing on aspirin, drinking enough alcohol to cause liver failure, or the overuse of sedative drugs. Health problems such as chronic lung disease, uncontrolled diabetes or kidney failure can also cause an imbalance of the general body pH. Respiratory acidosis will develop when there’s too much carbon dioxide in the body.

Able

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

1533jd;38398 wrote: Hi Everyone!

For over 8 months months of strict dieting and supplementation and £4000 later, I can confirm that I am not getting better in any shape or form. This is extremely upsetting because everyone in my family is fighting to get me to have a brain scan and to see a psychiatrist. I am constantly fighting them, having to give a presentation of why I should still keep fighting etc and constantly are having to try and convince them Im on the right path. They are not convinced, they think homeopathy is complete quackery, and to be honest I understand why, from what they’ve seen first hand so far, their isnt much tangible proof to sway their opinions.

As you can imagine its not nice living in an environment where everyone disagrees with you, there saying black and Im the only person whose saying white, so that just adds to the feeling of guilt that I am just wasting my time with Homeopathy and should just sign my life sentence to start antibiotics or potentially go on some anti-phychotic medicine to help rid me of the brain fog. Oh the thought of going on anti-psychotic medicine… I’ve watched one of my friends start anti-psychotic meds due to acute toxic psychosis and watched immense weight gain (about 3 stone), spots, dead looking skin, depression and a change in personality happened in just over a year

My homeopath whose very highly respected talks (mixes with Dr Myhill) in riddles, when asked how long my recovery will take his usual response to my problems are “they’re complex and multi-faceted”. I really don’t know what to believe. Is he stretching my recovery period in order to extort as much money as possible from me? Who knows… Another thing he does is deflect questions which usually demand definitive answers, this obviously aggravates both my parents and I. Its difficult not to be suspicious of his intentions really, he very often miraculously has patients who are next in line cancel, which gives him the opportunity to go overtime. One time he spent an hour and 40 mins going over results! Being £150 and hour thats pretty ridiculous money and time needed to go through results. My parents have had to live with a very grumpy individual (being me!) for over a year and frankly they’ve had enough of it and think I need to be sedated. Putting myself in their shoes I am almost certain I would not want to be living with someone like me in my constant state! I have taken some marshmallow root (didnt work) and peppermint oil, that seems to of calmed down my inflammation a bit but I am in a constant high stress state and so the slightly calmer feeling recedes after about 10-20 minutes

Personally I think the inflammation is what could be causing most of the pain and constant discomfort and restlessness, wouldnt you think? My symptoms have improved at points and brain fog has lifted again at points but no real sustained improvement has happened over the course of this period, which is extremely upsetting.

I am now becoming very depressed and am having a couple of manic hissy fit episodes a day now. This happens usually because I get so worked up having to defend my homeopath, homeopathy and the fact that I WILL get better going down this path rather than the alternate route. The problem I face despite everything making sense in terms of symptoms and the story line in my head of how this happened, Im still at the end of the day defending a man who ultimately taken £4000 from my bank account and still done zilch to help me progress. I cant think properly, Im in constant high stress inflamed state and extremely anxious about what the future holds and something needs to be done, yet there is nothing i can think of to do. Either I go down mainstream medicine route, take antibiotics, get rid of the SIBO and destroy my gut flora and intestinal lining even more, thus encouraging more candida to accumulate or shell out another 3-4000 pounds not dollars to potentially get know where!

I get angry so easily and Im having to have arguments and constant debates with my family with brain fog which is ridiculously hard. A deep sense of shame kicks in every time I have to get to the point of such manic anger every time we have these heated discussions, I guess its because I get so passionate when in debate and now (because of the lack of progresss) it falls on deaf ears no matter how logical my argument is because of the lack of progress. I haven’t even really been using anti-fungals very much over the past month, if I were to, It would be 2 or 3 tablets before I go to bed. I couldnt take any more than 6 SF722, without feeling dire the next day.

I didn’t even realise I had SIBO until about 2 weeks ago when I called my Homeopath and said “I think SIBO could be a conflicting factor affecting my progress” of which he replied “err yes we know you have SIBO”. It took me nearly 7 months to finally click that I have both candida and SIBO. I guess I just thought they were the same thing at the time. It must be SIBO causing all the problems, right?!

Anyway my tests have shown that my bacterial overgrowth has got worse as I guess I wasn’t treating it. I also have mild Organophosphate, nitrosamine and Mercury Poisoning which I can only assume happened because of smoking weed or the fact that I am in a valley completely surrounded by farm land. This I believe could support one of his riddles of saying “we are very complex” and it could be SIBO and poisoning, which could support his favourite of all that generally our health problems are “multi faceted”. The poisoning and the fact I didnt really realise I had SIBO could be inhibiting my progress perhaps?

Going back to the farm issue, the main farm is 100 metres from my house and in order to get to their storage barns and majority of the fields they have to go through a private road which goes past my house, lorries will drive past every now and then. There is often a stench of pesticides in the air in certain parts of the year fyi and also we have a private borehole which we share with the rest of the village which is also pretty much in the middle of the valley, so groundwater flow and throughflow could occur as the water and pesticides saturate into the soil which means somehow it could of contaminated our water supply? Who knows..

Anyway I am pretty certain I am a Gaps child. Meaning that I have had gut dysbiosis all my life and a theory could be because my immune system was so suppressed all my life due to having candida and maybe sibo from such a young age that the poisons found it much easier to enter my system? Everyone in my family bar my middle bro has not been diagnosed yet for their gut dysbiosis, its very clear they all have it but obviously were not even going to think about trying to cure them with homeopathy if they cant cure me!

I just got off the phone with my Homeopath and is suggesting that the bill could be anything at the end of this, hardly reassuring and also didn’t disagree that anti-psychotics could potentially be an option, oh god!!
    I really need some help, reassurance and support as sooner rather than later Im going to be penniless, extremely depressed and part of the “mystery illness club”!

I have put on a straight face for too long and now, I really need help, I would appreciate any love or support that anyone can offer as I am just very alone and upset. No one supports me, no one believes me and Im starting to lose faith in my own reasoning and feel some decision making needs to be made. Going down the road less travelled has already shown me that I might not even get marginally better after spending astronomical fees so it looks like giving in and following everyone else’s opinion might be the only option.

Best Wishes,
    JD

Hi JD. I know exactly what you are going through. Its frustrating when you spend money and are getting limited results, not to mention no support from your family. Luckily I went the standard medical route prior to the homeopathy so my family got to see first hand how bad the standard medical community is. I spent thousands of dollars on tests which showed absolutley nothing, meanwhile I was getting worse and extremely depressed. I had their full support once I decided to go the homeopathy route and thats when I was diagnosed with candida, adrenal fatigue, and hypothyroid.

Im still struggling but Im not giving up hope because I have seen numerous positives since I started treatment. The only thing antibiotics/physchiatrists/etc did was make me extremely worse and broke.

Dont lose faith in the natural medicine. I look at it like this, these things have helped millions of people for thousands of years. Only in the last 50 years or so have doctors gone away from using natural medicine. Its all about making huge profits for drug and insurance companies. Besides, they know they dont cure anybody and thats exactly what they want because if everyone was feeling well all the time they wouldnt exist.

As far as frustration with your homeopath you need to keep this in mind also. While they have your best interests at heart and I believe they geniunley care about people, at the end of the day they have a business to run and bills to pay also. Once you understand this then it makes it alot easier to accept. At the end of the day I use them to guide me and put me on the right track, but I know my health ultimatley lies in my own hands.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Neither the saliva nor the urine pH correlates to blood pH, so reading the pH of the urine doesn’t tell you anything about
    the general pH of the body, only a waste-filled by-product of the body, urine

I agree with it. Moreover, taking antiacid substances has been documented as a cause of intestinal candidiasis.
    In my position, I don’t take them.

Jorge.

raster
    Participant

dvjorge;38608 wrote: Neither the saliva nor the urine pH correlates to blood pH, so reading the pH of the urine doesn’t tell you anything about

I agree with it. Moreover, taking antiacid substances has been documented as a cause of intestinal candidiasis.

Jorge.

I guess we’ll see how it goes then. I am doing the alkalization therapy very slowly and hope to continue going to the mineral hot springs as well. I noticed my pH becomes completely pH neutral (7.0) after going to the hot springs for a few days so I know I am getting close. Please don’t tell me the hot springs are bad for me and my pH levels. The homeopathic I take is the main thing that influences my long-term pH levels to ensure that things don’t get out of whack. Once I am neutral for a period of time I am going to start chelation.

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

raster;38624 wrote:

Jorge.

I guess we’ll see how it goes then. I am doing the alkalization therapy very slowly and hope to continue going to the mineral hot springs as well. I noticed my pH becomes completely pH neutral (7.0) after going to the hot springs for a few days so I know I am getting close. Please don’t tell me the hot springs are bad for me and my pH levels. The homeopathic I take is the main thing that influences my long-term pH levels to ensure that things don’t get out of whack. Once I am neutral for a period of time I am going to start chelation.

-raster

Raster,
    I wish you success. You know now that you have to observe it closely. I have read trusted data that rising the intestinal Ph promotes candida pathogenesis.

This abstract mentions the influence of Ph on morphogenesis and pathogenesis. Note that candida albicans cells can influence its external Ph.

ABSTRACT

pH homeostasis is critical for all organisms; in the fungal pathogen Candida albicans, pH adaptation is critical for virulence in distinct host niches. We demonstrate that beyond adaptation, C. albicans actively neutralizes the environment from either acidic or alkaline pHs. Under acidic conditions, this species can raise the pH from 4 to >7 in less than 12 h, resulting in autoinduction of the yeast-hyphal transition, a critical virulence trait. Extracellular alkalinization has been reported to occur in several fungal species, but under the specific conditions that we describe, the phenomenon is more rapid than previously observed. Alkalinization is linked to carbon deprivation, as it occurs in glucose-poor media and requires exogenous amino acids. These conditions are similar to those predicted to exist inside phagocytic cells, and we find a strong correlation between the use of amino acids as a cellular carbon source and the degree of alkalinization. Genetic and genomic approaches indicate an emphasis on amino acid uptake and catabolism in alkalinizing cells. Mutations in four genes, STP2, a transcription factor regulating amino acid permeases, ACH1 (acetyl-coenzyme A [acetyl-CoA] hydrolase), DUR1,2 (urea amidolyase), and ATO5, a putative ammonia transporter, abolish or delay neutralization. The pH changes are the result of the extrusion of ammonia, as observed in other fungi. We propose that nutrient-deprived C. albicans cells catabolize amino acids as a carbon source, excreting the amino nitrogen as ammonia to raise environmental pH and stimulate morphogenesis, thus directly contributing to pathogenesis.

IMPORTANCE Candida albicans is the most important fungal pathogen of humans, causing disease at multiple body sites. The ability to switch between multiple morphologies, including a rounded yeast cell and an elongated hyphal cell, is a key virulence trait in this species, as this reversible switch is thought to promote dissemination and tissue invasion in the host. We report here that C. albicans can actively alter the pH of its environment and induce its switch to the hyphal form. The change in pH is caused by the release of ammonia from the cells produced during the breakdown of amino acids. This phenomenon is unprecedented in a human pathogen and may substantially impact host physiology by linking morphogenesis, pH adaptation, carbon metabolism, and interactions with host cells, all of which are critical for the ability of C. albicans to cause disease.

We propose that nutrient-deprived C. albicans cells catabolize amino acids as a carbon source, excreting the amino nitrogen as ammonia to raise environmental pH and stimulate morphogenesis, thus directly contributing to pathogenesis.

This is an important part to consider since there are studies postulating that nutrient deprived candida cells find the way to germinate and migrate. It means pathogenesis and tissue invasion. Think about what may promotes a very restrictive diet !!

Jorge.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Losing faith in humanity and homeopathy…’ is closed to new replies.