Losing faith in humanity and homeopathy…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Losing faith in humanity and homeopathy…

This topic contains 32 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  1533jd 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Hi Everyone!

For over 8 months months of strict dieting and supplementation and £4000 later, I can confirm that I am not getting better in any shape or form. This is extremely upsetting because everyone in my family is fighting to get me to have a brain scan and to see a psychiatrist. I am constantly fighting them, having to give a presentation of why I should still keep fighting etc and constantly are having to try and convince them Im on the right path. They are not convinced, they think homeopathy is complete quackery, and to be honest I understand why, from what they’ve seen first hand so far, their isnt much tangible proof to sway their opinions.

As you can imagine its not nice living in an environment where everyone disagrees with you, there saying black and Im the only person whose saying white, so that just adds to the feeling of guilt that I am just wasting my time with Homeopathy and should just sign my life sentence to start antibiotics or potentially go on some anti-phychotic medicine to help rid me of the brain fog. Oh the thought of going on anti-psychotic medicine… I’ve watched one of my friends start anti-psychotic meds due to acute toxic psychosis and watched immense weight gain (about 3 stone), spots, dead looking skin, depression and a change in personality happened in just over a year

My homeopath whose very highly respected talks (mixes with Dr Myhill) in riddles, when asked how long my recovery will take his usual response to my problems are “they’re complex and multi-faceted”. I really don’t know what to believe. Is he stretching my recovery period in order to extort as much money as possible from me? Who knows… Another thing he does is deflect questions which usually demand definitive answers, this obviously aggravates both my parents and I. Its difficult not to be suspicious of his intentions really, he very often miraculously has patients who are next in line cancel, which gives him the opportunity to go overtime. One time he spent an hour and 40 mins going over results! Being £150 and hour thats pretty ridiculous money and time needed to go through results. My parents have had to live with a very grumpy individual (being me!) for over a year and frankly they’ve had enough of it and think I need to be sedated. Putting myself in their shoes I am almost certain I would not want to be living with someone like me in my constant state! I have taken some marshmallow root (didnt work) and peppermint oil, that seems to of calmed down my inflammation a bit but I am in a constant high stress state and so the slightly calmer feeling recedes after about 10-20 minutes

Personally I think the inflammation is what could be causing most of the pain and constant discomfort and restlessness, wouldnt you think? My symptoms have improved at points and brain fog has lifted again at points but no real sustained improvement has happened over the course of this period, which is extremely upsetting.

I am now becoming very depressed and am having a couple of manic hissy fit episodes a day now. This happens usually because I get so worked up having to defend my homeopath, homeopathy and the fact that I WILL get better going down this path rather than the alternate route. The problem I face despite everything making sense in terms of symptoms and the story line in my head of how this happened, Im still at the end of the day defending a man who ultimately taken £4000 from my bank account and still done zilch to help me progress. I cant think properly, Im in constant high stress inflamed state and extremely anxious about what the future holds and something needs to be done, yet there is nothing i can think of to do. Either I go down mainstream medicine route, take antibiotics, get rid of the SIBO and destroy my gut flora and intestinal lining even more, thus encouraging more candida to accumulate or shell out another 3-4000 pounds not dollars to potentially get know where!

I get angry so easily and Im having to have arguments and constant debates with my family with brain fog which is ridiculously hard. A deep sense of shame kicks in every time I have to get to the point of such manic anger every time we have these heated discussions, I guess its because I get so passionate when in debate and now (because of the lack of progresss) it falls on deaf ears no matter how logical my argument is because of the lack of progress. I haven’t even really been using anti-fungals very much over the past month, if I were to, It would be 2 or 3 tablets before I go to bed. I couldnt take any more than 6 SF722, without feeling dire the next day.

I didn’t even realise I had SIBO until about 2 weeks ago when I called my Homeopath and said “I think SIBO could be a conflicting factor affecting my progress” of which he replied “err yes we know you have SIBO”. It took me nearly 7 months to finally click that I have both candida and SIBO. I guess I just thought they were the same thing at the time. It must be SIBO causing all the problems, right?!

Anyway my tests have shown that my bacterial overgrowth has got worse as I guess I wasn’t treating it. I also have mild Organophosphate, nitrosamine and Mercury Poisoning which I can only assume happened because of smoking weed or the fact that I am in a valley completely surrounded by farm land. This I believe could support one of his riddles of saying “we are very complex” and it could be SIBO and poisoning, which could support his favourite of all that generally our health problems are “multi faceted”. The poisoning and the fact I didnt really realise I had SIBO could be inhibiting my progress perhaps?

Going back to the farm issue, the main farm is 100 metres from my house and in order to get to their storage barns and majority of the fields they have to go through a private road which goes past my house, lorries will drive past every now and then. There is often a stench of pesticides in the air in certain parts of the year fyi and also we have a private borehole which we share with the rest of the village which is also pretty much in the middle of the valley, so groundwater flow and throughflow could occur as the water and pesticides saturate into the soil which means somehow it could of contaminated our water supply? Who knows..

Anyway I am pretty certain I am a Gaps child. Meaning that I have had gut dysbiosis all my life and a theory could be because my immune system was so suppressed all my life due to having candida and maybe sibo from such a young age that the poisons found it much easier to enter my system? Everyone in my family bar my middle bro has not been diagnosed yet for their gut dysbiosis, its very clear they all have it but obviously were not even going to think about trying to cure them with homeopathy if they cant cure me!

I just got off the phone with my Homeopath and is suggesting that the bill could be anything at the end of this, hardly reassuring and also didn’t disagree that anti-psychotics could potentially be an option, oh god!!
    I really need some help, reassurance and support as sooner rather than later Im going to be penniless, extremely depressed and part of the “mystery illness club”!

I have put on a straight face for too long and now, I really need help, I would appreciate any love or support that anyone can offer as I am just very alone and upset. No one supports me, no one believes me and Im starting to lose faith in my own reasoning and feel some decision making needs to be made. Going down the road less travelled has already shown me that I might not even get marginally better after spending astronomical fees so it looks like giving in and following everyone else’s opinion might be the only option.

Best Wishes,
    JD

Danny
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hello JD,

Your situation sounds pretty terrible, and while I don’t know your solution, I can contribute some understanding and acknowledgement.

Have you been on an anti-candida diet for 8 months? Also, if the homeopath is only milking you for money, and derailing the attention away from the core issue, you might not want to feed that person any more of your money. Even though you feel you stand alone, don’t lose your sensibility.

Furthermore, it’s also supportive and useful to read many stories from other people around the Internet, who’ve had or have the same issues as you do.

Anyway, hang in there..

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

It is my general opinion that while homeopaths can be really great, you don’t necessarily need them to get better from Candida. I wouldn’t give him any more money if you don’t think it is helping. Don’t keep going to see him just because you are afraid your family will give you a hard time.

Why are they suggesting antipsychotic medications for you? Do they have some sort of actual diagnosis that they are basing that on?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It sounds like this doctor isn’t very good in my opinion. What kind of homeopathics are you taking and what do they do?

If he is not using the unda/seroyal line of homeopathics then I would go somewhere else because this is the gold standard in my opinion.

What has he done to get the toxins out of your body? Reducing the toxins reduces brain fog…

I’d be happy to send you to my naturopath who will get you healing faster. He treats people abroad from china to brazil…doesn’t have a website though.

-raster

raster
    Participant

Has he put you on a chelation protocol or alkalization protocol?

-raster

1533jd

Thanks for the responses guys, cant tell you how much I appreciate it. Such a lovely close knit community, surely the best on the internet! I’ll get back to you all when I have a bit more time. If anyone wants to see my homeopaths website I’ll PM to them, so everyone can have a view on what they think of him, I would start by reading his “about me”. Tbh I would be surprised if you find anything dodgy, he’s pretty watertight.

Hi Raster, Im awaiting his proposed plan of action after receiving my results a few days ago, should receive it in the next day or two, I will send it to you so you can get at least a slight insight of how clued up he really is. I’ve learnt it takes up to 2 years to get rid of mercury? With a damaged immune system it could be longer surely! HA I guess you have to laugh at how ridiculous this all is.

Once again thanks guys.
    JD

raster
    Participant

I am going to start a chelation protocol soon myself and I think you will see immediate results within 6 months. I also started an alkalization therapy recently and this has reduce some of my remaining symptoms. I might write a post about it but I feel lot more normal after raising my pH.

-raster

1533jd

Forgot to add my homeopath charges for phone calls and emails. The more think about it the more I think he’s a crook.

1533jd

Forgot to add my homeopath charges for phone calls and emails. The more think about it the more I think he’s a crook. Does anyone else’s charge for these?

1533jd

“It sounds like this doctor isn’t very good in my opinion. What kind of homeopathics are you taking and what do they do?

If he is not using the unda/seroyal line of homeopathics then I would go somewhere else because this is the gold standard in my opinion.

What has he done to get the toxins out of your body? Reducing the toxins reduces brain fog…”

Do you mean what supplements?
    What are the unda and seroyal line of homeopathics?
    He hasn’t really advised anything specific to get toxins out as of yet, but hopefully he will in his new constructed plan coming my way over the next few days. His plan will be either be the final straw or the reasoni stay with him, obviously depending on how good the plan is. I’ll send it to you when I get it so you can have a verdict.

I was on the phone with him yesterday and once again he was coming ourt with riddles, explained he had no idea how much this would all cost and seemed to have no idea of the time bracket. Gave me no reassurance or confidence really that this is going to over sooner rather than later. He comes across as a kind man so in the past his manner and tone was always good enough to reassure me when things didnt go well, for the first 3 months that was ok but now if starts to get a bit tiring having to listen to the same riddles, same standard phrases and comfort lines.

The more I talk about him the more I think that it’s time to move on. Anyway £2000 of the £4000 I’ve spent is transferrable information, being test results.

What should I do?
    Thanks for the support guys.
    JD

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi mate,
    these diets are conflicting! If you have SIBO and you are not better after 8 month with the anti-candia diet and still have brainfog you have to adress the bacterial overgrowth first. I would not do anything drastic as you believe you have candida too. If you, would kill all the bacteria with a great antibiotic called Rifaximin. A antibiotic which only stays in the intestines you might create a place for the candida to take over that place which is not a good idea either.

Do the first things first. Lets get the bacteria down with the right diet.
    Stop eating fiber! After I did that I stopped having brain fog after 3 days. My constant diarre stopped. Read about the GAPS or SCD diet and start with the intro there. Dont take pre-biotic in the beginning, no pro-biotic either. You simply dont want to feed or get more bacteria. As a SIBO sufferer you already have them on the wrong place and too many. Then you have to check if you have to little stomach acid. Fix that problem, dont eat after 20.00 hours and dont eat all the time. This will fix your prestialis, the movement of your intestines. The movement has to be strong to push them out from your small intestines. Doing the intro and what I said about the other stuff will give you a break where you will feel much better after a week. Candida or not. I became suddenly 80 percent better. When I eat wrong I get a stomach like a ballon and notice how the bacteria makes gas, I feel bad and its another feeling than Candida. After 2.5 years I start to see it. Now I start adressing candida! Do one thing att the time but I believe to get out of deppression and giving yourself and your family and your money a break. Stopp first with fiber intake and see what happens. After a week you know!

yours
    Thomas

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Your doctor is not going to help you in the way you need. If I understand you right, he’s only prescribing homeopathic medicine? Homeopathic medicine alone will not cure your candida.

There are 3 parts to healing and none of them are homeopathic.
    1. diet
    2. repopulating your gut with good bacteria
    3. anti-fungals

Homeopathics are lovely in some cases, but a severe Candida infestation is not one of them.

Also, I recognize your symptom of anger, have you cut out all sugars and fruit? Have you researched “sugar rage”?

raster
    Participant

Well it sounds like he hasn’t implemented any plans or protocols after 3 months of visiting him. This is ridiculous, he is dilly dallying around and this is not acceptable.

After the first appointment with my naturopath he will put you on about $100-200 worth the supplements that cover the topics Mrs. Candida mentions. He has a 3-4 phase plan that involves chelation, alkalization, minerals, cleaning my colon, etc. When I get sick he prescribes me $100 worth the homeopathics (Unda) or if I have seizures, he knows how to cure this immediately.

So if he has not given you any supplements yet and you haven’t noticed an improvement then it just isn’t working. You should’ve seen improvement immediately within 2 weeks of visiting him. He should’ve acted immediately to get this under control and should know how to treat people who have candida.

I have only taken one test and it is related to my adrenals and I haven’t done anything else to get a diagnosis. He knows I have yeast and knows how to treat it. He doesn’t need a test to confirm that I am ill with it. Everyone has yeast and parasites and its a leading cause of health problems around the world.

Has he prescribed you any homeopathics yet? This can heal your liver, etc. and relieve of some of your symptoms (but not all). The UNDA ones work but I don’t know if the other brands are as effective.

-raster

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

It is worrisome that you seem to have a few different things going on at once. I think you have spent plenty of money on this guy and it is time to move on. There is no way my acupuncturist would ever charge for an email or a phone call. Sometimes I have a question or something I need to tell her for the next visit so I won’t forget. I haven’t ever been charged for that!

1533jd

Hi Mrs Candida! – Thanks for responding, I hope you are well. My diet has consisted of duck, chicken, cabbage, Brussel Sprouts, Courgettes, Onions, Green peppers, Spinach, Lettuce, Rocket, green beans, Leeks. As you can see my diet been quite a bit stricter than the diet on this forum. No nuts, no nothing. I think Im getting a bit confused about what actually Homeopathy is, can you explain briefly? I presume homeopathic medicine is things such as goat testicles to cure dementia?!!! hehe

I changed my diet to: cut out dairy, sugar, yeast, gluten, wheat, fruits and have little amount of carbs, i chose not to eat any. I havent been eating pretty much any sugar so I dont think sugar rage applies to me. I followed this for about 6 months. He told me to take this 10million probiotic, I decided to buy 20m Megaflora instead. He started me on Grapeseed Extract, stopped after 3 weeks, then went onto Caprylic Acid for a 2 months or so, I cant seem to rememeber what the next antifungal was but for about 4 months I was using nystatin which just didnt seem to work for me. So now i’m on SF722 which does work. But I dont use very much at all at the moment and I still get depressed, react very quickly and angrily when someone makes me stressed, almost like a snappy kind of anger, which is not nice. I think it has to be the SIBO. Unfortunately for the sanity of both my parents I have decided to go against my beliefs and go on anti-depressants to just give me that lift. Im living in their house and am awful…AWFUL to be around (I’ve essentially become a teenager again!!!), so again its ultimately Im doing this for them, I could deal with out them if I wasn’t living with them, but thats not the case obviously.

At the beginning my main problem was extremely low stomach acid, SIBO, Candida and Leaky Gut. Now we have found Organophosphate & Mercury poisoning and that my SIBO has got worse! As said previously I didnt “click” about SIBO only until about 2 weeks (thought SIBO and Candida were the same – doh!) ago so effectively haven’t been treating it! Surprisingly my latest results have shown that my SIBO has got worse.

My supplements:

– Vitamin C – Solgar (3000 to 5000mg per day)
    – **Vitamin D3 – Healthy Origins 1x 5000iu per day)
    – **Megaflora 20 Billion Probiotic – 1x per meal
    – Zinc Picolinate – Solgar (1x 22mg per day)
    – **Magnesium Glycinate – Nutri (3x per meal)
    – **Fresh Flax seed Oil 3 6 9
    – **Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate – Solgar (450mg per day)
    -** 1 a day Multivitamin & Mineral – Biocare
    – Liver Support Complex – Terra Nova (2 per day)
    – Milk Thistle – Solgar (1x per day)
    – SF722 – Thorne Research (8-15 per day)
    – Bio-Gest – Thorne Research (1-2 per meal depending on meal)
    – Bio B12 – Thorne Research
    – **Swedish bitters (Once every so often to flush liver)
    – Nutrispore- Nutri (2x a day antifungal complex)
    – **Nutri Whole Pituitary – Nutri (1 a day)
    – ****Nystatin – From Homeopath (1 spoon per day at night just before bed- Alternating with SF722)
    – **Coconut Oil – Biona (2-5 spoons per day)
    – **Neo Garlic One a day (One in the morning and one just before bed)

FYI The ones I’ve put aterisks next to are the ones I havent really been taking consistently for the past month or so.

I hope this is enough to give you a bigger picture of my situation.

Thanks ever so much.
    JD

Hi Thomas! – How are you doing brother? Thanks for the response. This sounds very interesting what you’ve said about the intestines. It makes sense that I should address the SIBO first. Some people say SIBO is quite easy to get rid of whilst some say its extremely difficult to get rid of. Not really sure what to believe.. Whats your opinion now? I guess you have found it quite easy to treat seeing that you noticed such a huge improvement in your cognition after…3 days?! Thats amazing! Im starting to get slightly optimistic, the problem is, is that I haven’t been eatin any fibre at all really in my diet…except from the vegetables below, most of the veg I ate is in the really low fibre category. Just to let you know I’ve been cheating a little bit recently…I ate a piece of gluten free toast just now and have begun to get gassy, is that from the fibre? Theres only 2.3grams in a slice.

I dont have any diarrhoea really, only when I’ve taken too many digestive enzymes. I do though get quite alot of intense constipation. Are you saying I should just eat bone broth and soup for a week or so? What about sugar etc?

So glad to hear your improving, well done! Hopefully I can follow suit soon!!

Looks like I should be eating vegetables only from these 2 categories.

Vegetables with Two Fiber Grams
    Arugula (Arugula Recipes)
    Asparagus (Asparagus Recipes)
    Bell Pepper, Red & Green (Bell Pepper Recipes)
    Cabbage, Red (Cabbage Recipes)
    Celery (Celery Recipes)
    Celeriac (Celeriac Recipes)
    Chard (Chard Recipes)
    Chayote (Chayote Recipes)
    Daikon (Daikon Recipes)
    Jerusalem Artichokes (Jerusalem Artichoke Recipes)
    Kale (Kale Recipes)
    Leeks (Leek Recipes)
    Lettuce, Romaine (Lettuce Recipes)
    Onion (Onion Recipes)
    Potatoes, Red (Potato Recipes)
    Pumpkin (1 cup purée) (Pumpkin Recipes)
    Radish (Radish Recipes)
    Rhubarb (Rhubarb Recipes)
    Spinach (Spinach Recipes)
    Summer Squash, Yellow (Summer Squash Recipes)
    Tomatillo (Tomatillo Recipes)
    Turnips (Turnip Recipes)
    Winter Squash (Winter Squash Recipes)

Vegetables with One Fiber Gram
    Bell Pepper, Yellow (Bell Pepper Recipes)
    Bok Choy (Bok Choy Recipes)
    Corn, 1 ear (Corn Recipes)
    Cucumber (Cucumber Recipes)
    Lettuce, Iceberg, Red Leaf, Green Leaf & Butter (Lettuce Recipes)
    Mushrooms, Button & Crimini (Mushroom Recipes)
    Potatoes, Russet (Potato Recipes)
    Pumpkin (Pumpkin Recipes)
    Radicchio (Radicchio Recipes)
    Tomatoes, Fresh (Tomato Recipes)
    Zucchini (Zucchini Recipes)

Hope I’ve also been able to give you a bigger picture of my situation. I’ve got the gut and psychology book, so thats a good start!

Best Wishes
    JD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Losing faith in humanity and homeopathy…’ is closed to new replies.