looking for stage one soup recipe

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas looking for stage one soup recipe

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

survivor619
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 10

wondering if anyone has a recipe using all of the allowed veggies and spices for phase one? the one for the cleanse is just a broth. i want a recipe that i can consume these veggies rather than throw them away because i find it difficult to eat alot of these veggies because i dont like the taste of green vegetables….my whole life i havent liked them. so a good soup that is candida diet approved would be wondering….please share. thanks everyone 🙂

Kris8
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 15

Hi, maybe this will help. This is what I made during my cleanse and it really cleansed 🙂 I made a congee every night in a crockpot and ate it twice a day as breakfast and a snack later in the day. I based it on chinese medicine which I have been studying for 5 years, which is why I chose these specific ingredients.

1/4 cup whole Millet
    1/4 cup Amaranth (amaranth because it is drying and bitter flavor or you can use more millet or buckwheat)
    1 carrot chopped (congees with carrots expells gas and clears bloating)
    5 Whole black peppercorns (used for gas and constipation as well)
    1 stick of celery chopped (drying to the body, salty flavor)
    2 chunks of ginger (detoxing, loosens tight stomach muscles, aids constipation)
    2 3/4 cups of water

lightly oil the mini crockpot and put everything in. Let it cook on low overnight. If you want to cook on the stovetop you can do it in a small pan and cook on low temp for at least 4 hours. In the morning or at the end of cooking time take out the ginger chunks and add a couple handfuls of Romaine lettuce (drying). You can also add some cloves which are good for the liver and gallbladder. Puree everything. It tastes good I swear!! nice and spicy! I like to top mine with cinnamon and somtimes I use stevia and 1 TBSP of hemp protein.

Kris

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Bone broth is extremely nutrient dense and rather easy to make – you can thrown in just about anything you like, all the leafy greens etc you want…..simmer for hours and it will reduce down dramatically – I’ve even heard you can save the bone and reuse it for an additional batch. I think there’s a recipe in this forum but, you can find them all over the web as well.

It’s also very tasty…

Blessings.

momofseven
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

This is my favorite veggie soup…before Candida I just used three tsp of beef bouillon. Now. I just use 3 cups water…salt to taste.

> VEGETABLE SOUP

> 1 garlic clove minced
    > 1/2 c onions diced
    > 1/4 c celery diced
    > 1/2 zucchini chopped
    > 1/4 c green beans
    > 1/4 c spinach
    > 1/4 c  okra
    > 1 can (8 oz) Hunts tomato sauce or 1 tomato diced and seeded
    > 3 c beef stock
    > 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
    > 3 dashes  ground thyme

> 1.  Place all ingredients in pot and boil. Turn down heat and simmer 20 minutes.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

shanrocks
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

You can try these:

1.Moroccan Vegetable puree soupe:
    The Moroccan version typically uses some of the vegetables traditionally prepared with couscous such as carrots, cabbage, pumpkin and turnips.

The ingredients listed below will yield approximately 4 to 4 1/2 quarts of chopped vegetables. My kids and I like the soup best with lots of carrots for flavor and color, but you can omit or replace any of the vegetables to suit your family’s preferences.

As a rule of thumb, you can adjust the recipe by using whatever quantity of vegetables you have, and then adding enough stock to barely cover.

Prep Time: 30 minutes

Cook Time: 40 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes

Yield: Serves 8.

Ingredients:
    •1 medium onion, chopped
    •3 tablespoons butter
    •3 tablespoons flour
    •12 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
    •4 small turnips, peeled and chopped
    •3 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
    •3 small zucchini, peeled and sliced
    •small bowl of peas or green beans
    •small wedge of pumpkin, flesh only
    •small wedge of cabbage, chopped
    •2 stalks of celery, coarsely chopped
    •handful of chopped fresh parsley
    •3 quarts (about 3 liters) of vegetable or chicken stock
    •1/2 teaspoon pepper
    •salt to taste
    •1 teaspoon vinegar (optional)

Preparation:

In a large stock pot over medium heat, sauté the onion in the butter for a few minutes. Add the flour, and cook the mixture for two or three minutes.

Add the vegetables in the quantities above, or add 4 to 4 1/2 quarts (about 4 liters) of chopped vegetables of your choice.

Add the stock, parsley, pepper and vinegar. Bring the soup to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, and simmer the soup, partially covered, for 30 minutes.

Allow the soup to cool for 20 minutes. In batches, purée the vegetables with the broth in a blender. If you find the soup is thinner than you like, reduce the amount of broth that is puréed with the vegetables. If the soup is thicker than you like, stir in a small amount of water after you have puréed all the vegetables with the broth.

Add salt and additional pepper to taste, and serve.

The soup will keep for several days in the refrigerator, or can be frozen for up to a month.

2.Venetain Pumpkin and Chestnut puree:

1 1/2pound Green Winter Squash

1pound pre-cooked peeled chestnuts cut in pieces

8tablespoons Butter

1/2cup milk

2 shallots, chopped finely

2pinches all spice

1dash ground nutmeg
    salt

1sprig rosemary

1tablespoon chopped parsley leaves for decoration

1. Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF with rack in the middle.

2. Cut the squash, peel it, take the seeds out and cut in small cubes.

3. In a baking tray, put a large piece of parchment paper, add the squash on top with 2 tablespoons of butter and a pinch of salt. Add a rosemary sprig, close the parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes. Open the parchment paper and let the squash cook for a further 15 minutes to let the excess water evaporate. Make sure you don’t let the squash burn on the edges. When cooked discard the rosemary.

4. In a pan, melt the butter and add the very finely chopped shallots until translucent. Add the cooked and peeled chestnuts cut in pieces, stir for 2 minutes over medium low heat, add the roasted squash, stir for 2 more minutes.

5. Bring the milk to a boil, add it to the vegetables and bring it back to a boil. Add the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter, season with salt and mix. Process the vegetables with an immersion hand held blender or a food processor until you have a very smooth purée.

6. Put back over low heat, add the all spice and nutmeg. If the purée is too thick, thin it by adding a little extra hot milk. mixing with a spatula vigorously.

7. Check the seasoning. Serve hot, sprinkle with all spice and chopped parsley.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Thanks for the soup recipes, Shan, but just to warn folks on stage 1, those aren’t really suited at all for a stage 1 diet. Potatoes, carrots, flour, milk, butter, peas, squash, chestnuts, and so forth will all feed candida. I’m sure there could be a good modified version with other veggies though!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘looking for stage one soup recipe’ is closed to new replies.