Looking for Clarity

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Looking for Clarity

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wfhill
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

Hi,

I have oral thrush, which I apparently got from using a steroid inhaler twice daily (Symbicort) and possibly partly from a recent tonsillectomy. I have had a yellow funk on my tongue for a few weeks that is easily scraped off, with pretty much no redness or bumps or anything else. It’s mainly in the back of my tongue. I stopped taking Symbicort. I started taking Daktarin 5 days ago, and things haven’t improved. But I noticed dry cracking in the corner of my mouths starting a few months ago. So maybe I have had this problem longer than I realize. I had a tonsillectomy in early Jan. so it’s hard for me to know how long I’ve really had oral thrush because my mouth was funky from the recovery anyway.

My question is that after reading this forum, I’m not sure if I’m in the right place. Is what I have the same as what is being discussed here, or just a different version? Should medication only take care of this? I’ve stopped eating sweets, but I really don’t want to give up coffee, cereal, pasta, etc. Is all of that necessary?

If the Daktarin doesn’t work, what should be my next step? I’m in Portugal, so it’s easy to get whatever I want from a pharmacist, but not so easy to see a general practitioner (I don’t have one, and the first step would be for me to go to the emergency room and see a doctor, who probably will know less about thrush than someone on this forum.)

Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I haven’t heard of these drugs, so they likely won’t eliminate the oral thrush.  The antifungal drugs is what can kill candida, but the only problem with these drugs is they have a chance of not working and/or cause the candida to go deeper in the body.  Some people do enemas with the drugs which has a higher success rate.  You can also potentially get prescription strength probiotics as well which help repopulate the gut with beneficial bacteria.  The only problem with this is they are not human derived probiotics, its best to get human probiotics because we are human!

What I would do is get an official diagnosis.  We have a website here where you can get an at home test kit called the candia5 test.  I am unsure whether you can get this internationally, so you’ll likely have to find another place that does it in europe.  Also when you have candida overgrowth (aka CRC candida related complex), you likely have co-infections such as parasites, microbes, and bad bacteria that have flourished as well.  Some people develop something worse than candida called SIBO (small intestinal bacteria overgrowth) and h.pylori (bacterial overgrowth)…and these are tougher to fight without using antibiotics.

And since you live near spain, I would consider contacting Dr. Prada Pascual who is a very amazing doctor my naturopath has learned from.  He’ll diagnose you with a variety of ailments and get you on a plan to get better.  This is why I recommend professional advice, because you’ll often save money when trying to get better.

Then its up to you whether or not you want to fight candida and spend tons of money doing so.  You won’t get much better eating gluten, wheat, sugar, and dairy or coffee…these will just promote bad health and you could get quite ill.

-raster

wfhill
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

Daktarin contains miconazole. Are you saying that won’t help me, and might push the problem deeper?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Thats what my ND says about these antifungal drugs…they can eliminate a lot of the yeast but not all of it and it just goes and hides so it doesn’t get killed.  If the environment in the body remains the same, it will just continue to flourish.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Looking for Clarity’ is closed to new replies.