Long road back

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  s. 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

s.
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 80

Hi. Instead of just passively passing through, I want to introduce myself to the forum. I, like many others, have a horror story. Now that I know what is wrong, there is something incredibly healing in knowing there are others who can help and who understand.

I have been sick since November of 2010. This past summer I was the sickest I have ever been in my life. Many times I thought I was going to die. 20 doctors later, I know there are a lot of illnesses and diseases that I don’t have. ha..ha….But finding a diagnosis and a doctor to help was next to impossible.

I believe that I have been a long standing celiac though I have had negative blood work (twice) and negative biopsies. The problems seem so clear now that I have a diagnosis. How could so many doctors overlook 11 rounds of antibiotics in a little over a year – how could they not see that I was completely void of healthy bacteria and sitting ready for a fungal overgrowth? Then….to my horror – the house that I had moved into in the fall of 2010 had mold air sample readings (2012) that were in the 37,000s in the middle of winter.

Untreated celiac + lots of antibiotics + toxic mold exposure = a very sick person.

I have been on Diflucan for 12 weeks as well as many other natural antifungals. I am rotating my natural antifungals now and my diet. I have been following “the diet” and am now following the diet posted to this forum earlier that is now available by email. The forum has allowed me to fix several small but crucial diet problems.

I am stuck in “death house” until June 1. Then I hope my life can start over again. Two years lost already and from most accounts, two years of hard work of recovery ahead of me.

In time, I may get around to posting the litany of horrific symptoms – so that I may help others to recognize what is wrong and so that they can begin to repair.

Thank you for running this forum. It is priceless.

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

s. wrote: Hi. Instead of just passively passing through, I want to introduce myself to the forum. I, like many others, have a horror story. Now that I know what is wrong, there is something incredibly healing in knowing there are others who can help and who understand.

I have been sick since November of 2010. This past summer I was the sickest I have ever been in my life. Many times I thought I was going to die. 20 doctors later, I know there are a lot of illnesses and diseases that I don’t have. ha..ha….But finding a diagnosis and a doctor to help was next to impossible.

I believe that I have been a long standing celiac though I have had negative blood work (twice) and negative biopsies. The problems seem so clear now that I have a diagnosis. How could so many doctors overlook 11 rounds of antibiotics in a little over a year – how could they not see that I was completely void of healthy bacteria and sitting ready for a fungal overgrowth? Then….to my horror – the house that I had moved into in the fall of 2010 had mold air sample readings (2012) that were in the 37,000s in the middle of winter.

Untreated celiac + lots of antibiotics + toxic mold exposure = a very sick person.

I have been on Diflucan for 12 weeks as well as many other natural antifungals. I am rotating my natural antifungals now and my diet. I have been following “the diet” and am now following the diet posted to this forum earlier that is now available by email. The forum has allowed me to fix several small but crucial diet problems.

I am stuck in “death house” until June 1. Then I hope my life can start over again. Two years lost already and from most accounts, two years of hard work of recovery ahead of me.

In time, I may get around to posting the litany of horrific symptoms – so that I may help others to recognize what is wrong and so that they can begin to repair.

Thank you for running this forum. It is priceless.

Regarding Celiac disease, getting blood work done for IgA seems to work for some but for others creates false negatives. So generally if the person displays classic symptoms of Celiac the doctor refers to a GI doctor where they would do a small biopsy of your gut, that will confirm or deny it.
    Did you regular GP prescribe you Diflucan? if so 12 weeks seems to be a long time, more than a four week treatment requires liver enzyme testing because of the toxicity it creates when it gets absorbed into the blood stream. A much better medicinal anti-fungal is Nystatin it does not get absorbed and works in the gut, where Fluconazole gets absorbed by the liver and works through the blood, only effective in systemic infections.

You have not mentioned probiotics in your story , they are the most crucial part of your recovery. The best kind are fermented ones such as Kefir, Water Kefir, Sauerkraut, and Greek Yoghurt. You will need commercial probiotics also they will give you the high counts in the billions, the naturally fermented ones are much lower however they are way more diverse and stick to the stomach and gut much better and have a better chance of multiplying. You must use or eat Prebiotics, those feed the bacteria, examples are Inulin, Acacia Fibre, Oat Bran, Rice Bran, Garlic, Leeks, Flax Seeds.

Read these threads carefully and take notes

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Regarding Probiotics
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Probiotics-Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx
    Antifungals
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm12975_ANTIFUNGALS-Correct-Doses.aspx#post12975
    Vitamins & Minerals
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx
    Allowed Foods With Recipes
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

how could they not see that I was completely void of healthy bacteria and sitting ready for a fungal overgrowth?

Probably because, unfortunately, sometimes a doctor’s goal is not to cure you but to count the times he or she can collect another fee from you. If the doctor had admitted that you were void of healthy bacteria, he would be expected to do something about it, and if he did this, it would lessen the chance of collecting fees from you several more times.

I am stuck in “death house” until June 1

I’m assuming that you’re taking all precautions possible until you are able to leave the premises. A mold-spore protective face mask is the most cost effective solution if you have no choice but to breathe the air in the house.
    These mold spores are in the micron size range, so paper-type masks or a mask similar to a surgeon’s mask are not very protective against the spores. What you would probably need is an industrial or medical respirator in order to avoid breathing in the mold.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I had a mold problem in my apartment that was partially responsible for me getting ill with candida. You are not alone! I was out of work for 2 years and did nothing but apply for jobs all day and sit my my moldy apartment. The mold existed in the bathroom which was due to lack of ventilation. I used to hyperventilate for hours and only felt good when not at the apartment. Eventually I started to have seizures in my sleep and that point I decided to move out.

There are things you can do to protect yourself from mold. A dehumidifier will remove moisture in the air. An air purifier with purify the air you breath (some atleast). Vinegar and bleach kill (visible) mold and light kills mold as well. I am sure you’ve read up on this stuff so just stating some basic things…

One way to get your landlord to “comply” with your health is to bust out the county health inspector on their ass. That’ll get them nice and pissed off and they will have to do everything possible to fix the problem at that point. Who knows, maybe they will even evict you! If they don’t comply there will be leins against the property. Also, if you didn’t know this, you can have a “breach of contract” with the landlord for not having a healthy, unhabitable place to live. Mold is something you can use to breach you lease with the landlord. The landlord likely will fight this, but if you get a good lawyer, you have the upper hand. Additionally, if you find a good doctor, you can get “toxic mold poisoning” diagnosed and then sue your landlord for having a dwelling that has poisoned you. You can make them pay for your health expenses, etc. This is a big longshot, but since you have documented high levels within the air…it’ll be easier to prove your case.

Mold ruined my life and I started to get ill around the same time as you in November 2010. Once I moved out I immediately started to get better. However, I truly did not feel “normal” until I got started on the candida diet and have since been on the diet for the last 11 months.

I wish you luck with this problem; if you start getting seizures like I did, then I would consider moving out despite the costs.

-raster

s.

Thank you all for your replies. It was my seven pound seven ounce cat that was the warning sign for the mold. One night she started vomiting foam, her pupils dilated, she went very cold and stiff. She spent four days in ICU. The first day they thought she wasn’t going to recover, but they kept working on her and she survived. Perfect blood work, perfect x-rays…….no idea what had happened, other than a grand mal seizure. After my undiagnosable mystery illness, and then the added trauma of our cat, I called for a mold test and bingo. “Death House” is a complicated story with many variables that I can’t or don’t want to get into here, but basically all the mold is in the dirt crawl space under the house and the house is a pile of sticks sitting on an open pit. Steps have been made to remediate, but they are just not good enough for me or up to my standards, so we are leaving.

I worry about my pets – three cats. They are all eating tons of food (sound familiar)? I wonder if when we are out, I shouldn’t do some sort of protocol for them as well.

I am taking Vital 10 for my probiotic and am eating lots and lots of leeks and garlic. I have now just purchased flax seed. It was the oatmeal that messed me up again. The list that the doctor gave me – it was on there, but saw on the forum that it should be oat bran. Since stopping that, and red and green peppers, I am mending again. Too scared to try the Oat Bran yet, but I have purchased it.

I do have a question though – has anyone else experienced spine pain? When this all started, I would have electric shocks in my spine (neck area and between shoulder blades) and goose bump patterns in weird shapes on my left arm. I thought the goose bump patterns could have been a mild seizure symptom, and thankfully those haven’t happened in a long time. But, my spine still gets really stiff and painful. Just like a log. Is it nutrition issues? Fungus? Any thoughts? I sleep on a heating pad every single night.

Again, thanks for all your replies. It is indescribable to be able to talk about this without someone arguing with me or doubting me or wearing me out. I wish I would have found the forum a lot earlier.

P.S. I was on Nystatin for the first two weeks as well as Diflucan for the first two weeks 100mg per day. Now I am on Diflucan on just Monday, Wednesday, Friday in 100mg dose. I have rashes on my face, neck, armpits, behind knees, all over lower legs, ankles and tops of feet. They are getting much better, but they tend to pop back up when it gets really warm out. They are better, but they are not gone – just dormant. That’s why I know I still have a ways to go. Does anyone else do really poorly in hot weather. My hands and feet get really red when it is 85 degrees or higher outside.

s.

I’m in the home stretch! Just a few more days until moving day!!!! As an update – I am doing better. Making water kefir now. Still on very strict diet. Having more good days than bad days, but can’t wait to push this forward in a new environment. Thanks to all of you here, I have made great improvements………apple cider vinegar was the best thing that has happened in a long time……I’ll keep you all posted.

s.

I’m out!!!!! I’m in a new environment and isn’t it grand to breath clean air!!!!!????!!!

Raster – you’ve been in my thoughts several times during the exhaustive move. Thanks for sharing your story.

I need to get unpacked and rest, but let’s hope that treatment will really get things moving now.

Thanks forum members for being here!!!!!

Able900
    Spectator

Glad you made it, S. And I think you’ll start seeing some improvements now as long as you stick with the protocol.

Congratulations on a smart “move”
    Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s my story if you want to here it:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst819_Just-about-the-biggest-epic-fail-candida-story-youve-ever-heard.aspx

Now its time to get better!

I hope you aren’t hyperventilating for hours like I used to when I ate something like sugar, wheat, etc.

-raster

s.

Raster – your complete story is wow. So sorry that you had to go through that and I’m sorry that I’ve had to go through what I’ve been through and frankly everyone here. Until one experiences the horror…….

I’ve been really busy with unpacking and trying to rest after spending the last however long cleaning everything we owned….but I am going to keep in touch best I can. This forum is a great body of knowledge being created and a great reference for those yet to come. Thanks Able and Raster and thanks Raster for showing me the link to your full story.

s.

http://veterinary.thorne.com/Products/VetGastrointestinalSupport/prd~VSF722.jsp

This makes me very happy! Why didn’t anyone say anything?!!! Maybe no one knew to mention it.

It’s for my cats – not me. 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

s. wrote: This makes me very happy! Why didn’t anyone say anything?!!! Maybe no one knew to mention it.

LOL
    Are you really serious? SF722 (Undecylenic acid) is mentioned literally all over the forum. It’s even used in our protocol if you’ll take time to read it.

But it’s not the cure-all, end-all to the infestation.

Able

s.

Yes I’m really serious. I don’t think you caught what was in the link.

The protocol. I’ve studied it, memorized it, lived it. I myself take SF722.

The link is a dosage and product for PETS! In the thread I asked if anyone had any idease for treating my cats. Like Raster and myself, my cats have been affected as well. I was so happy to see it for their sake and I’m going to try it along with some other measures that I know to be safe. Their little systems can’t handle and do all that we humans do.

I think you just misread my post. Hoping so anyway……

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Long road back’ is closed to new replies.