Loneliness or is it truly only me!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Loneliness or is it truly only me!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi guys
    There was a Thread somewhere talking about the lonely feeling in the battle with candida. I wanted to add my 2cents to it but I don’t find the Thread any-more. So, here I am with my own lonely Thread.

I have another type of loneliness in the battle against candida or whatever it is I have.

I guess you hear already from my question where the pain is, ….or whatever it is...battle.

I dont feel lonely being surrounded by healthy people eating what they want and having a ball. I am lonely because I dont see here in the forum anyone talking about the symptoms I have and that causes me great concern. Is it possible that I have candida, experience heavy die-off, maybe even healing fine but not noticing it being part of the battle because I dont see anyone having these problems.

Right now I have very little of the early problems like anus itching, stomach pain etc. BUT I got new ones which freak me out and they are worse than what I had.
    I have the cliché alcoholics withdrawal symptoms.

It feels like my blood pressure would drop after an initial wired feeling in the stomach/guts area right under the navel. Then my hands get ice cold and I get a chill feeling all over my body. At the same moment I feel light-headed and nausea.
    Then a terrible internal tremor starts happening like you see with the shivering alcoholic needing his stuff. Is like thousands of needles or millions of bugs running up and down under my skin. No wonder the alcoholic sees bugs in his delirium state.

Now what makes me confuse lonely like a lost soldier in battle is that all I find here on the forum are talks about other symptoms. Am I alone having these wired symptoms or maybe its not at all candida. This question of the unknown is killing my battle motivation.

I would much more at peace if I would see another person here telling me… ah that one…I had that too in month 2 but after a year it was suddenly gone and I was free…

Here we come to another area of loneliness for me. Most people here write some stuff in the beginning. They have starter problems, than they write some more letters but disappear when they feel better. Or write after 4 weeks that they are through with the die-off and move on to stage two. Well, I feel lonely like I would be sitting in the exam’s and everyone is ready and has left the building while I am sitting there after two month still not better but worse of in stage 1.

It got finally the better of me and I gave a shit about the stage 1 being symptom free state and added wild rice now to my diet in the desperate hope that I feel better.

That was my 2 cents about loneliness and candida!

yours
    Thomas

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Oh Thomas, my friend! I don’t have much to say to explain your unique symptoms as I know less than you about Candida… but I just wanted to say that I sincerely wish, hope & pray that you find some comfort soon and see a steady improvement. I’ve realised that my Candida was probably quite mild and so that’s why I saw the results so quickly… and I too have felt lonely & alone in my battle! when I struggled with the strange rash a few weeks ago I got very low and disheartened as I was doing everything “right” and still felt that it was getting worse. I realised after I’d been to the doctor that it wasn’t related to the Candida but a reaction to the strep throat… and this was a big wake up call for me. I had put “all my eggs in 1 basket” or “all my faith in 1 cure”… and had blinded myself to the fact that other, non candida related things can happen to me as well! Seems perfectly obvious to me now looking back and I’ve removed my blinkers and am taking a more balanced view. (That said, like you i still stick rigidly to the diet & antifungal protocol and will do so for several more months with perhaps some tiny introductions)

I send a big cyber hug and tell you that your sister in Ireland is thinking about you!

Lx

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would like to say that I also experienced these symptoms. The first you mentioned is blood pressure issue. I noticed that I would get strange shifts in energy after eating and its because the blood races to the stomach when digesting food. Its sorta like there is a black hole in your gut that is sucking away all of your energy…makes you feel pretty sleep and lightheaded.

The second you mentioned is cold hands. I also experienced strange hot/cold flashes when I was very ill and it sometimes would happen within a few minutes of eachother. I remember one time I ate something and I had major “sweats.” It was like I was nauseous and dizzy, almost like I had the cold instantly. Minutes later this reversed and I felt really cold…like it was 20 degrees F outside. This would go back and forth until my digestion normalized…took maybe an hour or so.

Then sometimes I would experience tremors. It would start in my legs and then move to the other parts of my body. The tremors would hit my arms for a minute or two, then my legs, and then stomach…switching the locations in my body! I still get very light tremors occasionally, even after 7 months on the diet.

All of these symptoms are your body reacting to food because it is a lot for your body to deal with all at once (being taxed with candida and now digesting food). Additionally, it is the candida reacting to more fuel in the body and is like “I can’t eat this.” There are a variety of processes going on all at once and I am not knowledgeable enough about how the body works to fully describe what is happening.

After 4 months on the diet and supplements these symptoms completely eliminated or were reduced for me. All it took was for my leaky gut to become healed!

Hope this helps!

-Raster

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

Thomas

One of the symptoms I am currently suffering from is feeling cold especially my hands and to a lesser extent my toes, I also occasionally get mild sweats when eating, something Raster mentioned in his post on this topic. I have not noticed the feeling of being cold as being linked to having just eaten but now it’s been mentioned I will try to spot whether there is a link.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Yes, I swing between being freezing a lot of the time (especially at night) and then having a hot flush and sweating. So you’re certainly not alone on that one! I had put the cold down to being underweight and not eating a lot of protein/ fat… and then the hot flushes to getting a rush of somthing from the food.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thomas wrote: Now what makes me confuse lonely like a lost soldier in battle is that all I find here on the forum are talks about other symptoms. Am I alone having these wired symptoms or maybe its not at all candida.

My friend;
    I haven’t changed my position from yesterday in the private message when I stated that all of your symptoms can be stemming from a thyroid imbalance. Either that or it could possibly be your nerves playing havoc with your body, but I would definitely lean towards your thyroid function being low because of your basal temperature reading being constantly lower than normal, unless that has changed.

I doubt the condition gets better before you’ve been on the supplements I mentioned for some time which will help your thyroid to function in a more efficient manner; or, until you see a doctor and have your thyroid tested in order to find out if it is damaged at this point. I seldom suggest that a member see a doctor, but with the thyroid possibly being damaged, I believe you should have it check by an endocrinologist. Cold hands may be a symptom of a Candida infestation, but a daily low basal temperature is not.

The reason that you have not previously seen as many of thedr symptoms from all the other members is because, even though it is a side effect of a Candida albicans infestation, not every Candida sufferer will develop a problem with the thyroid function during the infestation just as not every sufferer will develop strong reactions to leaky gut with the Candida.

You wrote, “I have very little of the early problems like anus itching, stomach pain etc. BUT I got new ones which freak me out and they are worse than what I had.”

Reply: The only reason for the lack of original symptoms is because the infestation itself is less bothersome because the population of the Candida is shrinking, which makes sense at this point considering how you’ve followed the protocol so strictly. This means that Candida is not your major problem at this time, but the symptoms sound very much like hypothyroidism could now be your problem.

You have basically traded one set of symptoms for a completely different set. And the new symptoms came about later on because the thyroid issue would have taken time to develop and has possibly recently developed into the typical reactions to hypothyroidism. As I stated before, your symptoms now point to hypothyroidism and not necessarily directly to the infestation itself. In fact, if not for a possible low thyroid function, you could be experiencing almost no symptoms at all at this time.

Able

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

Thomas;

I’m just starting this journey, but I can understand your sentiments completely. I searched for help, not understanding my problem until I happened to stumble upon it. I knew it was fungal in some way, I just needed someone to identify, or help me identify the problem.

Even at the early stages, I too have experienced those feelings. I get very, very restless and I pace for upwards of an hour. I have an inability to concentrate and difficulty reading. I get dizzy and feel nauseous and get pains for no reason. I feel quick drops in my blood pressure too (but can I relate that to iron-deficiency, a fast matabolism, and the C.Diet too). What’s worse for me is that muddled into this is an ear issue that I have to wade through and decide what is causing the feelings I have at that moment.

Able900 – I haven’t changed my position from yesterday in the private message when I stated that all of your symptoms can be stemming from a thyroid imbalance. Either that or it could possibly be your nerves playing havoc with your body, but I would definitely lean towards your thyroid function being low because of your basal temperature reading being constantly lower than normal, unless that has changed.

I too have a hypothyroid. Yeah me! Candida, low iron AND a hypothyroid. Don’t be jealous, y’all! Before I started levothyroxin my symptoms were cold, heavy menstrual cycle (obviously not a problem for you), inability to concentrate, irritability/flashes of anger, overwhelming fatigue (you want to do things but you don’t have the energy) and puffiness.

Hmmm…. sounds sort of like symptoms of another pest doesn’t it? Curious.

As far as people moving on… well, it is to be expected, right? People want to be well and go back to living their lives, and thankfully this site assists with that. (I know that I’ll probably be here for awhile because I think that my situation progressed for awhile before finding this site.)

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I too feel cold a lot. I imagine that weighing a lot less than I did last year at this time has a lot to do with it as well. Even when I was heavier, I always had cold hands/feet. Seems like it has to be 80 degrees before I want to take my coat off. 🙁

We all are very open about our symptoms…but I bet there are also some symptoms that either do not share or gets lost in the vast amount of symptoms we experience. For example, reading this post got me thinking about how depressed/anxious/sad I was when I first started the diet. There were days that I just cried and cried…but when my husband asked me what was wrong I couldn’t give him a good answer. Then there were days that I was so angry it would take nearly nothing to set me off. Thankfully…he was patient with me and understood that it wasn’t the real me coming out.

There were day where I would read something and then could not remember it long enough to copy it down on another piece of paper. Makes graduate school VERY HARD.

I know I am one of the unlucky ones that has a BAD overgrowth so I will be on here for a while. I imagine I have several more months (at least) of stage one diet to go. I will be here for a while…so I am here for you Thomas!

As for the thyroid problems he MIGHT be experiencing. Could it be because he is getting less iodine than he would previously. Would someone suggest him eating some foods such as kale that have more iron in it? Maybe it would help him feel better?

I know your time is coming Thomas. You will break through the barrier and start to feel better. Some of us have to work a little harder to get back to health. We just have to stick together and help each other get there. It will be worth it in the end! 🙂

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Dear friends

thank you all for commenting and sharing your thoughts. It feels great to have you around and I keep you updated how it goes with me.
    I believe it is very important for all of us to read what the others experience what they experimented with and what helped them.

If I find out what causes my wired symptoms and find a way out. Well,that could be of great help for all of us.

When the doctor checked me I ask him about the thyroid and ask him if there is something wrong with it. He said no. We checked the blood.

I am testing now out if its all was heavy die off. I didn’t have the wired blood drop, tremors, panic attack, palpations before I started fighting the candida with different diets. The first time I got it was when I followed a all meat and fat diet. After I stopped the madness with the help of our diet here I was fine for two month, until it hit me again. Not so strong as with the meat only diet but never the less quite chocking as I didnt expected it.

I will keep you updated how it goes and lets see if we can learn from it.

cheers
    Thomas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Loneliness or is it truly only me!’ is closed to new replies.