Liver protection and candida diet – query

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Liver protection and candida diet – query

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  krisk120 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

krisk120
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 5

OK. So I have posted a couple of times but I’m not sure what I am doing at the moment.

I was told I could have some oral thrush and I immediately thought of candida due to a lot of other problems that match up with the symptoms – sinus problems, rear nasal drip, mild reflux, poss oral thrush, psoriasis, endometriosis, infertility and lately odd hives on my face.

I have cut out alcohol and most carbs and sugars and yeast. Still having some potato and Ryvita and the odd bit of cheese. Tried acidophilus but felt funny fuzzy feelings a few hours after taking it. Having Activia drink instead.

So my questions are do you need to take supplements to protect your liver if you are not strictly following the plan?

Should I speak to my GP about it before I follow the plan 100%.

My other problem is I have been recently diagnosed with health anxiety and starting CBT next week. I have a real fear of taking tablets and there reaction to my body.

Don’t know what to do for the best at the moment. Think I will just stick with low carb & sugar diet although I am still getting very mild “die off” symptoms (headache, chills, dizzy etc) – is that possible without doing the plan 100%??

I did eat and drink rubbish over Christmas & New Year.

I really appreciate any advice. Thank you. X

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello there,

The fuzzy feeling you likely experienced is related to die-off…this is alot more potent than the yogurt.

If you don’t do the diet 100% the it will take a long long time to get better…its like going 3 steps forward 1.5 steps back. After a few months you can start to branch out and eat more hopefully (if you go strict).

If you do the diet 100% it likely will make your behavioural and anxiety problems worse because the die-off toxins basically can cause these symptoms. These symptoms should generally lessen over time. The medication is something to be concerned about and I don’t think anyone on the internet should give you advice on medication; just keep in mind that there are side effects and it might prelude long term use of this drug. When you take drugs, they often only treat the symptoms but not the cause of the symptoms. I do have a friend that has had anxiety and takes anxiety medication and feels fine but not everyone is the same.

You can still get die off for not doing the diet 100%. I experienced this as I started to change my diet to be more strict. One thing you should consider is doing your current diet for a period of time and then getting more strict slowly as you can cope with it. Its hard to go cold turkey to a diet that doesn’t sound appealling…

-raster

krisk120
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 5

Thank you for your reply.

As it’s not been 100% diagnosed yet I think I will just follow a low carb and sugar diet. I personally am unsure if it was oral thrush or if it was it wasn’t severe.

My other symptoms don’t seem as bad. Burping is less already and no indigestion to speak of.

Just feel a little bunged up with a mild headache. Oh and thirsty so drinking plenty of water.

No I don’t think I am mentally ready for the full diet and still unsure if I need to do it.

Seeing doctor and CBT doc as well on 23rd Jan. Will go from there.

Thanks for your reply. X

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Liver protection and candida diet – query’ is closed to new replies.