Little effect after 5 months on candida diet

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Little effect after 5 months on candida diet

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Yumskins 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jv01
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

After suffering from various symptoms (brainfog, extreme mental fatigue, always cold & loose stool) for more than 10 years, I started a candida diet in the hope this would relieve some of the symptoms. In week 2 (so the first week after the detox week) I felt much better than ever before and had high hopes I was on the right track. But I’ve been on my candida diet for 5 months now and although my symptoms are less, they’re still present. I follow the candida diet strictly in combination with supplements (Molybdenum Glycinate, Lumbrokinase, probiotics, oregano oil, coconut oil, etc) and think it’s weird that after so many months there is no real result to show for yet. Is this normal? Did anybody else experience this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

It’s pretty common for Candida to co-exist with other health problems, for example thyroid issues or adrenal fatigue.

What symptoms do you still have? Are they digestive? Or are they more fatigue etc?

It could be that you’ve repaired your gut health but still have some hormonal imbalances or other problems that developed over the years of poor gut health and weakened immunity.

jv01
    Participant
    Replies: 1

Interesting to read it was common other health problems could co-exist with Candida. I have digestive issues (very loose bowel movement), but also brainfog, extreme mental fatigue, always cold and I’m always thirsty. Before going the candida route, I thought I had thyroid issues, but a full thyroid panel test (TS3, TS4, TSH, etc) came back normal. After suffering for more than a decade, I feel I’m getting closer to finding relief from my symptoms, but the puzzle pieces aren’t falling in place yet 🙁

Thank you so much for your reply!

zyzy
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Hey I hope you’re better. How are you doing now? I have severe brain fog and mental issues and burping and gas, mild pelvic pain, fatigue. Also tingling sensations in my body like something is moving mostly my bottom, back, front side of neck.
    But the BRAIN FOG IS EXTREMELY BAD. I feel like I don’t know who I am anymore and I can’t remember what a normal life feels like.

RobyRob
    Participant
    Replies: 55

It’s possible you will never get rid of the problem completely. That is my experience.

Rob
    Participant
    Replies: 7

Hi JV01,

I think the candida diet helps but will never cure it on its own, at least not quickly. I’ve tried to beat candida in the past by doing zero carbs and taking supplements orally. I never made significant progress and eventually gave up after a couple of months.

The progress I’ve made recently is by doing nystatin enemas. In just 2 weeks, I feel like a different person. Literally, 100% more energy. Hair loss has stopped. Tingling in hands and feet has nearly gone (I’ve realised this is die off). Itchy scalp practically stopped. Bloating massively down. The trick is to clean out the colon with water enemas (4-8 litres in multiple rounds) and then a nystatin/curcumin retention enema all the way to the cecum if you can. This way the nystatin hits the candida in sufficient concentrations and kills it on impact. You can buy nystatin powder from Fludan, however if you’re based in the US or Canada (I’m UK-based), I understand you’ll have an easier time getting it prescribed by a doctor.

Yumskins
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

ZyZy, look into nickel allergy and diet

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Little effect after 5 months on candida diet’ is closed to new replies.