Liquorice / licorice sticks

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Liquorice / licorice sticks

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  RedSky 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

RedSky
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 23

Really hoping someone can help me. I have a really bad sweet tooth (probably the reason I’m here) and I can’t have stevia (gives me migraines, as do many of the ‘best’ sweeteners).

I know licorice root tea and supplements are a good antifungal and okay on the diet but what about eating the root (twig as I call it) as it is? I ask hopefully whilst sat here chewing on one…

What about the liquorice juice sticks? They are often sold in health food shops and used to be in every chemist when I was a kid (UK), they are hard and made purely from liquorice, but not sure what part is extracted.

I can’t seem to find any much nutritional information online and it seems to vary widely from 67g of carbs (1.6g sugar) per 100g and 50g carbs (50g sugar) per 100g. I get they are different brands but surely they should be pretty similar. I can’t find anything for the root sticks.

Any advice or information would be great. It’s really helped my sweet craving and I’ve only nibbled the end of it (ok about 1inch…)

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Have you tried Garcinia Cambogia? It’s supposed to eliminate (or at least reduce) sweet cravings. Better to wean yourself off the sweet flavors, rather than trying to find a workaround 🙂

RedSky
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 23

I just can’t imagine eating food without any enjoyment for 18 months to 2 years without the occasional treat. Where is the joy?

I’m having a bad day anyway, feeling really down and tired. Was my husbands birthday yesterday and he had some friends round and asked me to get him some things from shop, order dominos for them all (his fave) and tidy up. Then before they got here I went to hide in my bedroom eating stir-fry veg (yet again) because I’m so sore and uncomfortable with thrush and just wanted to join in with the little party and eating the tasty stuff…

I have got something that supposed to help regulate blood sugar and stop/reduce sweet cravings, but whilst the cravings are less strong they are still there and even without them sometimes I just want something sweet because I enjoy it rather than an actual craving if that makes sense.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Liquorice / licorice sticks’ is closed to new replies.