Liquid probiotic question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Liquid probiotic question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jo2212 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

I was wondering if any one knows about/has tried the new liquid probiotic, which is meant to allow the bacteria to reach the gut better than freeze dried capsules.

http://www.symprove.com/

It says it has 4 strains and 10 billion activated probiotic bacteria per serving. The ingredients are:

‘ Lactobacillus rhamnosus
    Lactobacillus acidophilus
    Lactobacillus plantarum
    Enterococcus faecium

Symprove also includes the following natural ingredients – water, extract of germinated barley (denatured to be gluten free), vitamin C, citrate and sorbate, which is found in berried fruit.’

I was wondering if this product lives up to it’s health claims and is better than the freeze dried capsules available? I live in the UK and can’t seem to find probiotics delivered on ice anywhere.

I would be very grateful for any advice on probiotics in the UK in general as the only probiotics I’m getting at the moment are from yogurt and kefir and feel this is the part missing from my treatment.

xxxx

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I’ve been getting room temperature stable ones from Amazon. I got one called iFlora with 60 capsules of 32bn CFUs and 16-strains for under £20 if I remember correctly. It doesn’t contain the DDS-1 strain Able recommends though. The ones I buy seem to disappear from the marketplace before I can reorder them though…

I’ve seen other brands that require refrigeration but I didn’t see any info about storage conditions. They lose potency even in the fridge, and it’s hard to tell how long it’s been since they were manufactured. Shipping is an issue like you say too.

If you’re making potent kefir and eating yoghurt, I think that’s the most important thing. It’s important to take them everyday, but probiotics can only offer so much, so you might want to put your money into other things like antifungals, more organic milk (for kefir) and good food. Don’t forget fermented veggies too. If you can find some good deals, it’s well worth adding some extra strains with probiotics though.

Symprove sounds interesting, but it works out £2 per serving. Assuming what they say about viability is true (there’s no evidence), I’d still rather have 60 capsules of 30bn CFUs for the same price. Even if 60% die, you still save about 500%…

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Thanks Javizy, I will look on amazon as £20 is pretty much the cheapest I’ve seen so far, I’ve been looking on iherb.com as I’ve ordered other products from there which seem pretty good so was thinking that would be a good place to start.

I feel like I have all the rest in place, good food, antifungals, yogurt and kefir (although no fermented vegetables) so I’m hoping a good probiotic will make the difference.

This is very true, it is a VERY expensive option. I think I will try it purely as my Dad has offered to order it for me, having found it himself. So I will let you know how I get on with it and most likely order different probiotic capsules for myself when my supply runs out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Liquid probiotic question’ is closed to new replies.