Liquid Nystatin for enemas: ATTN Jorge

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Liquid Nystatin for enemas: ATTN Jorge

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  approximately_me 6 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

I flagged this for Jorge, but if anyone else who might know, please feel free to share.

I thought I might try the Nystatin enemas for a while as my case seems to be making little progress (I don’t cheat on the diet at all) and my die-off has been relentlessly bad for months.

However, neither the Nystatin tablets nor the refrigerated powder seem to be available in Canada any longer–only the liquid/oral suspension. Will this work the same way for the enemas? I understand that Nystatin is most useful because it is not absorbed by the mucosal loning. Is this true of the liquid as well? Any idea of dosage?

Cheers!

approximately_me

Bump

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Hi approximately_me,

I seem to remember Jorge saying that he couldn’t comment on liquid nystatin, because he hasn’t used it. Given, however, that the active is the same, and that you will be putting it in water, I cannot imagine it will be a problem. Just make sure nothing extra is added to the liquid to preserve it.

In terms of the powder, I am this minute on a website trying to get some shipped to England. All prices are displayed in Canadian dollars – http://fludan.com

I, too, am thinking of doing this. My die-off is unrelenting, and after an inordinate amount of time unwell, I need my life back. I have an enema kit already awaiting trial! I’ll do them in conjunction with the diet, probiotics, etc.

Let us know how you get on.

Len

approximately_me

Thanks Imm.

These seem to be the ingredients in the oral suspension vs the oral tablets. I didn’t see the powder on that particular site. Besides the sucrose (why they would put sugar in this is beyond me), do these other ingredients mean anything to you?

Oral Suspension

Each mL of light yellow suspension with cherry-like odour contains nystatin 100,000 units. Nonmedicinal ingredients: artificial flavouring, calcium disodium EDTA, D&C Yellow No. 10, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylparaben, polysorbate 80, propylparaben, purified water, and sucrose.

Oral Tablets

Each round, film-coated, biconvex, pink tablet, imprinted with “TEC” on one side, contains nystatin 500,000 units. Nonmedicinal ingredients: cornstarch, D&C Red No. 30 Aluminum Lake, ethylcellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, magnesium stearate, mineral oil, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, and titanium dioxide.

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

approximately_me;42006 wrote: Thanks Imm.

These seem to be the ingredients in the oral suspension vs the oral tablets. I didn’t see the powder on that particular site. Besides the sucrose (why they would put sugar in this is beyond me), do these other ingredients mean anything to you?

Oral Suspension

Each mL of light yellow suspension with cherry-like odour contains nystatin 100,000 units. Nonmedicinal ingredients: artificial flavouring, calcium disodium EDTA, D&C Yellow No. 10, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylparaben, polysorbate 80, propylparaben, purified water, and sucrose.

Oral Tablets

Each round, film-coated, biconvex, pink tablet, imprinted with “TEC” on one side, contains nystatin 500,000 units. Nonmedicinal ingredients: cornstarch, D&C Red No. 30 Aluminum Lake, ethylcellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, magnesium stearate, mineral oil, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, and titanium dioxide.

Well spotted. I missed the sucrose on the page about the 500MU I was going to buy (http://fludan.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1859). I suspect they add it to remove any trace of unpalatability! Looking at the oral suspension, I’m also not particularly keen on ingesting colourings or parabens – though I see the oral tablets also has colouring. It seems we can deal with chronic candidiasis, but not medication that isn’t jazzed up.

Len

approximately_me

*sigh*

The pharmacist told me the tablets weren’t available anymore and that she didn’t even have the powder in her computer. So strange. Maybe I’ll have to talk to my doctor again. I might try it anyway. I’m aware this won’t cure the problem, but if for a time this gives me more benefit than otherwise, that’s probably ok. I just don’t feel that anything I’m taking is making enough of a dent in my colon’s infestation.

approximately_me

I just found out what exactly the story is with the refrigerated powder in canada, Imm. It has been on backorder for 6+ months and almost no pharmacies will have it in stock anymore nor will they any time soon. However, some pharmacies which have wholesale suppliers may be able to get it in. I just found a pharmacy in my city called Super Thrifty that can order it in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Liquid Nystatin for enemas: ATTN Jorge’ is closed to new replies.