Liquid Extracts vs Capsules

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Liquid Extracts vs Capsules

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

A lot of people are confused about the difference between extracts and powder in capsule form when it comes to supplements.

“Extracts” of course are in liquid form, and the problem with most extracts is that they usually contain something like alcohol that you don’t need to be taking with a Candida infestation. There is one major exception; and that’s Swedish Digestive
    Bitters which “must” be in a liquid form. However, the Swedish bitters are available in an alcohol-free extract so always look for this one.

If you’re shopping for any kind of herb such as Ashwagandha, always look for a powder form which comes in a capsule instead of a liquid extract. The exception to this is garlic which should be taken in a gel cap form.

If you’re not sure, ask.
    Able

Melodybillionaire
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Ive always just chosen liquid. heard its always better

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Melodybillionaire wrote: Ive always just chosen liquid. heard its always better

I don’t suppose you’d be interested in sharing with us where you “heard” that bit of information?

Personally, I haven’t “heard” anything about the tinctures being better, but I’ve studied both powder and tincture forms of herbs, and I have yet to find a tincture (extract) herb that didn’t contain another substance mixed with the herb. “Something” must be used in order to extract the herb, and normally that something is alcohol, and any substance used to extract the herb will usually alter the chemistry of the herb, therefore reducing its potency. Did you know that some herbs require 100% pure alcohol in order to extract?

Powered herbs, on the other hand, haven’t been altered in any way; better dosing at a lower cost is another advantage of the powder form.

Hey, guess what, you have now “heard” that powder forms of herbs are more potent and therefore better than the tinctures.

Able

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Liquid Extracts vs Capsules’ is closed to new replies.