Lifelong health issues

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Lifelong health issues

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ms81 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

tlentz1108
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 36

Hi all,

I have been diagnosed with various health issues like Gerd, respiratory allergies, asthma, migranes, IBS, Eosinophilic Esophagitis, gluten and dairy intolerances, frequent urinary tract infections, broncitis, ulcers, etc. The doctor’s have prescribed me numerous medications from anti-acids, anti-fungals, antibiotics, pain and nausea meds, inhalers, etc.

After a trip to the emergency room the end of Jan 2012 for constant vomiting, severe stomach pain and dehydration, I became fed up and started researching on the internet. After much trial and error, I started making improvements in my health issues by taking mastic gum, dgl, manuka honey, and l-glutamine to heal my ulcer and help with acid reflux.

This helped but did not totally take away all my symptoms like the gluten and dairy intolerances, diarrha, intestine pain nor help with the fatique and insomnia. So I started a Candida/Leaky Gut diet. This helped some more, but I was still having problems and found out that I had a parasite infection as well.

So I started taking Syntol and Paragone to kill the candida and parasites. This was very effective at killing them and I felt even better, but I still didn’t seem to have much energy. Now I am taking extra vitamins like A, B-complex, C, E, Zinc, Cal, and Mag. I’m also taking Carlson Cod liver oil gels and Coconut oil softgels as well. This seemed to increase my energy and I have been feeling much better, but I have had a few reactions to gluten and dairy if I’m not real careful or there is cross contamination.

I guess this is a permanant lifestyle change now, and I have been doing this so long by myself that I think I can use some support to stay motivated and not fall off the diet. I have just recently started adding some foods back to my diet like a limited amount of fruit and occasional potato. So far, so good, but I am really so tempted to eat foods that I know I should probably never eat again.

Anyway, does anyone ever totally get rid of candida? Any suggestions that I haven’t been doing so far?

I am real excited to be a part of this forum and looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Well wishes,

Teresa

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you completely got rid of candida you would be dead because we need candida to survive…so no, there is no way to completely remove it from the body.

The vomiting and pain very much sounds like h. pylori…you should check that out and see if the symptoms match yours. You can get a simple blood test to see if you’ve got an overgrowth.

-raster

tlentz1108

Hi Raster,

Thank you for your responce. I did have H-pylori, which caused some of the problems with my stomach and the ulcer. The mastic gum, dgl, manuka honey and L-glutamine helped to heal that. After finishing up a 60 day treatment to get rid of the H-pylori, I no longer needed to take any more prescription acid reducers and have’t since.

The remaining symptoms of food intolerances, allergies, headaches, insomnia, brain fog, swallowing difficulty, mouth sores and thrush, IBS symptoms, low blood sugar, high blood pressure,etc where still there. I did some more internet research and found out that often h-pylori, candidias and parasites all go hand in hand when your immune system is really run down. I also had a swallowing problem where food gets stuck in your esophagus where you often have to throw up to clear it or go to the emergency room to get it removed. This condition (Eosinophilic Esophagitis)is sometimes caused by Candidia growing in your mouth and esophagus which cause damage and strictures or narrowing of the esophagus. The gluten and dairy intolerance may be Celiac, but I don’t need to prove that either, because I know that I feel 100% better when I don’t eat foods with these ingredients. Occasionally, when I eat food that has been contaminated with these ingredients unknowingly to me, I will get severe intestinal pain, bloating, gas and have diarrhea.

After finishing up the treatment for my ulcer and h-pylori, I started the Candida diet along with taking enzymes to help me with digestion b/c I had undigested food in my stools. This did help some more with digestion, but not the candida. Then I noticed a parasite after a bathroom trip, and I decided to get serious about killing off the candida overgrowth and parasites. I originally took a probiotic that made me severely sick (die-off), so I found another product called Syntol that did kill the candida (as evidenced in my stool) without making me as sick, but didn’t help with the Parasite problem. I started taking the Paragone (black walnut, cloves, wormwoood among other ingredients) and this really helped kill off not only the parasites, but loads of candida.

I had a lot of die off and detox symptoms during that time. One of the remaining problems that still was hanging around after finishing up with the Syntol and Paragone was the fatigue and insomnia. I started taking vitamin A, B Complex, C, E, Zinc, Calcium and Magnesium. I also started taking the Cod liver oil gels (these have D3, A, and E in them as well) and coconut oil gels. This really helped to increase my energy level, started sleeping a little better, and lessened my fatigue. I also really got into many herbal teas with plenty of anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties to them.

Since following the treatment I have described, I no longer need prescription anti-acids, allergy meds, inhalers, pain medication, anti-fungals, steroids, etc. This was not accomplished through regular medical doctors, but through my own persistance, research, and trial and error. I have been feeling mostly better for the past 3-4 weeks. I gave the doctors over 20 years of following their treatment, listening to their dignosis, continual expensive testing, taking every prescription they threw at me and got continually worse and worse. I left one doctor who had the gall to tell me that I was a Hypocondriac when I had a severe bronocitis infection, was coughing severely and could barely talk or breathe. I ended up at the urgent care center where they exrayed my chest, diagnosed me with broncitis and again prescribed me with a anti-biotic, prescription cough syrup and an inhaler. I was sick for 6 weeks before I got reasonably better.

I have very little faith in the medical establishment and will not seek treatment from them or have any more expensive tests done unless I need emergency treatment. So far, I haven’t had any health issues that haven’t been healed from natural or herbal supplements purchased at my local Vitamin Shoppe. Even a severe kidney, bladder and urinary tract infection I had last October which didn’t get better after taking anti-biotics was healed by taking D-mannose with Cranactin.

I have more faith in knowing what my body feels and needs, people who have experienced what I have been through, have gotten better and are willing to share what helped them. That is why I joined this forum, because there are real people here willing to share their experiences, treatments, and advice without monetary motivation.

I don’t feel the need to have anymore tests to prove that I had H-pylori, Systemic Candidias overgrowth, and parasites. The proof is in the evidence of die-off in my stools when I was taking the Syntol and Paragone, the healing of my body and how much better I feel now. I definetly want to keep ahead of this happening again and have new eyes about health and nutrician.

My problem now with feeling better is that I am tempted to eat and drink things that I enjoyed all my life. This is another reason that I joined this forum so that I never forget how hard it was, where I came from and why I am better now so that I don’t return to my old habits. I keep re-reading my journal from the past four months for added motivation. Plus the fact that doing this without much in the way of experienced advice, I’m sure that I made many mistakes along the way and want to get better educated about this condition so maybe I can help others.

I guess with our bodies needing candida to function in balance with friendly bacteria for digestion that as long as we don’t trash our bodies again with poor eating and drinking habits that it shouldn’t overgrow again. That is my hope. Again, many thanks for this forum and your input.

Much appreciated,

Teresa

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

tlentz1108 wrote: I guess with our bodies needing candida to function in balance with friendly bacteria for digestion that as long as we don’t trash our bodies again with poor eating and drinking habits that it shouldn’t overgrow again. That is my hope.

Hello, Teresa.

Once you cure the infestation completely, the only way it’ll return is if you feed the normal Candida yeast lots of sugar or foods that change into sugar in the body, or possibly if you have to take several rounds and high doses of antibiotics. If you cure the infestation, and have to take the antibiotics, you should immediately return to the strict diet and start adding very high doses of probiotics in supplement and kefir forms.

Able

tlentz1108

Hi Able,

I really don’t intend to take anti-biotics again if I can help it. The supplements worked better anyway for me. The doctor’s never told me that I needed to take anti-fungal meds and probiotics afterwards.

Definitely will take your advice if I would though.

Thanks again,

Teresa

Atela
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 32

tlentz1108;21241 wrote: Hi Raster,

I don’t feel the need to have anymore tests to prove that I had H-pylori, Systemic Candidias overgrowth, and parasites. The proof is in the evidence of die-off in my stools when I was taking the Syntol and Paragone, the healing of my body and how much better I feel now. I definetly want to keep ahead of this happening again and have new eyes about health and nutrician.

Teresa

Please forgive my ignorance here, but would someone be kind enough to elaborate on what “the evidence of die-off in my stools” might look like? Was Teresa referring to dead parasites, or does candida die-off leave a distinctive sign in the stool?

Atela
    Participant

Bumping to get a reply…

My stools have never had any unusual appearance. They all look like happy, well digested vegetable poops! The most noticeable die-off symptoms that I experienced were brain fog, sore muscles and joints, and some fatigue. Is there a chance that my candida is so bad that I haven’t even begun to get it killed off?

KuInns68
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Atela,

This was my question too, which has not been answered. My life story is very similar to tlentz’ or Teresa’s list of health issues.

ms81
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 27

question, I have black looking seeds in my stool does that mean I have parasites???

Atela
    Participant

ms81, you might have to google the black seed looking things. I saw quite a few people with the same question.

ms81
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 27

I did and some sites say it might be parasites others said its just minerals that were not fully digested.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lifelong health issues’ is closed to new replies.