Lets try something new!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Lets try something new!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #77562

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    Hi guys,
    I am checking out something new for me. Called EFT, try it out yourself and see how it helps you with your suffering. Its cost you nothing and it would be cool to see if it helps some off you. I am on the go with it and the results are quite good. I am still learning but did get rid of stomach pain. Now I am taking a go at that terrible rectal itching.

    Here is a link to some videos.

    http://www.beatcandidayeastinfections.com/eft-candida.htm

    Here is a link to a free manual

    http://veteransinfo.tripod.com/eftmanual.pdf

    good healing friends!
    cheers
    Thomas

    #77563

    Lauren
    Member
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

    Thomas,
    I think emotions and positive thinking is very important in healing. I personally use positive thinking everyday. I think of all the things I am thankful for before I go to bed. I also tell myself that I will feel good today when I get up in the morning. Even though I feel this helps it does not cure my problems. I am curious about this tapping thing. I try to keep an open mind about things so you will have to let me know how it goes. I hope it helps you!
    I recently watched a public TV program that said by saying you are well you can become well. This guys said he had life threatening illness and he was able to cure it with thoughts alone. There seems to be a lot of things out there saying this. However I feel this is not the case for every situation. Sometimes people are sick and need help in other ways, but i agree that positive thinking can only help everything. To me thinking that thoughts can change everything does not support the fact that there is a God that has a plan. If thinking your well would be all that is needed to heal oneself why would we ever die? We should just be able to think we will live forever and would. Don’t get me wrong I think positive thinking, emotions, hope, and most important faith are very important in healing, though I think there are also times when a problem needs to be fixed in the body along with the mind. I also believe people can get sick and it has nothing to do with their own thinking, or stress, or emotions.
    I love to hear other people thoughts on this 😀
    Lots of love to you,
    Lauren

    #77571

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    Lauren wrote: Thomas,
    I think emotions and positive thinking is very important in healing. I personally use positive thinking everyday. I think of all the things I am thankful for before I go to bed. I also tell myself that I will feel good today when I get up in the morning. Even though I feel this helps it does not cure my problems. I am curious about this tapping thing. I try to keep an open mind about things so you will have to let me know how it goes. I hope it helps you!
    I recently watched a public TV program that said by saying you are well you can become well. This guys said he had life threatening illness and he was able to cure it with thoughts alone. There seems to be a lot of things out there saying this. However I feel this is not the case for every situation. Sometimes people are sick and need help in other ways, but i agree that positive thinking can only help everything. To me thinking that thoughts can change everything does not support the fact that there is a God that has a plan. If thinking your well would be all that is needed to heal oneself why would we ever die? We should just be able to think we will live forever and would. Don’t get me wrong I think positive thinking, emotions, hope, and most important faith are very important in healing, though I think there are also times when a problem needs to be fixed in the body along with the mind. I also believe people can get sick and it has nothing to do with their own thinking, or stress, or emotions.
    I love to hear other people thoughts on this 😀
    Lots of love to you,
    Lauren

    I only think what works works and what doesn’t work is not working. Its simple. EFT has nothing to do with positive thinking, you don’t even have to believe in it. Try and see. The God issue you put into the picture is an interesting one but is not holding up in the argument. Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead despite the fact that Lazarus died again. The same is with all the other humans he healed they all are dead now. Still Jesus healed them for a while. For me that is good and enough to be healed until I die. I rather have that than a shitty sick life until I die. 😉

    If you hold the believe that there is a plan of God through sickness than it is wired to fight sickness through any kind of means as you are against the will of God. If God consider it good for you to be sick why are you than trying to get rid of something which is good for you?

    But if you believe that sickness is bad and God wants to heal you, well, than anything goes, diet, medicine, prayer, EFT, whatever.

    yours
    Thomas

    #77573

    Lauren
    Member
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

    Thomas,
    I think you took me the wrong way. 😀 I was just trying to explain that I hope it works and I will be interested if it helps. The positive thinking had little to do with EFT, but more to do with the program I watched. Though I did watch EFT video (the second one on the link you gave) and they use positive statements while doing the tapping. It is a very good suggestions and can only help. 🙂 This is where my thoughts came up about positive thinking and healing.

    I agree that God can do anything! He works miracles. He can heal anyone with any means he chooses, EFT being one of them. My main point was that sometimes positive thinking is not enough. That this guy on the show was explaining that he healed himself with just thinking he was healthy and not doing anything else. I think this is possible to do because the brain is very powerful, but I do believe that sometimes the body needs more help then just positive thinking. This guy was trying to explain that if you have any type of illness all you need to do if think positive and you will be healed. To me this is crazy to think that someone that is paralyzes from the neck down because of accident needs only to think they can walk and they will walk. With this being said I know God works miracles so this could happen if He chooses so. Miracles happen everyday! Or maybe through prayer God will have someone find a cure for that person. To me, thinking that someone died from cancer because he or she did not used positive thinking is a little short sighted. Death of the body is part of the being human and part of God’s plan, though one never needs to experience real death when they have God. <3

    You said “If you hold the believe that there is a plan of God through sickness than it is wired to fight sickness through any kind of means as you are against the will of God.”
    I do believe that everything that happens, happens for a reason, even sickness. God is in control of it all. But that does not mean you do not fight sickness. I do not think God wants His people to be sick. Though He can use sickness to teach people lessons or have people discover cures. For example if Able and Raster did not have problems with Candida they would not be here to help us. I know that God uses everything for my good because it says this in the Bible. He takes care of me and I know that with Him anything is possible.
    I am sorry if anything came off wrong. I am truly interested about the EFT and do not mean to put it down. I was more ranting about the TV program I watched. I just don’t like it when people try to say one thing is the only way to heal you. They are not God and do not know what is needed for each person.
    Lots of love to you,
    Lauren

    #77612

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    Lauren wrote: Thomas,
    I think you took me the wrong way. 😀 I was just trying to explain that I hope it works and I will be interested if it helps. The positive thinking had little to do with EFT, but more to do with the program I watched. Though I did watch EFT video (the second one on the link you gave) and they use positive statements while doing the tapping. It is a very good suggestions and can only help. 🙂 This is where my thoughts came up about positive thinking and healing.

    I agree that God can do anything! He works miracles. He can heal anyone with any means he chooses, EFT being one of them. My main point was that sometimes positive thinking is not enough. That this guy on the show was explaining that he healed himself with just thinking he was healthy and not doing anything else. I think this is possible to do because the brain is very powerful, but I do believe that sometimes the body needs more help then just positive thinking. This guy was trying to explain that if you have any type of illness all you need to do if think positive and you will be healed. To me this is crazy to think that someone that is paralyzes from the neck down because of accident needs only to think they can walk and they will walk. With this being said I know God works miracles so this could happen if He chooses so. Miracles happen everyday! Or maybe through prayer God will have someone find a cure for that person. To me, thinking that someone died from cancer because he or she did not used positive thinking is a little short sighted. Death of the body is part of the being human and part of God’s plan, though one never needs to experience real death when they have God. <3

    You said “If you hold the believe that there is a plan of God through sickness than it is wired to fight sickness through any kind of means as you are against the will of God.”
    I do believe that everything that happens, happens for a reason, even sickness. God is in control of it all. But that does not mean you do not fight sickness. I do not think God wants His people to be sick. Though He can use sickness to teach people lessons or have people discover cures. For example if Able and Raster did not have problems with Candida they would not be here to help us. I know that God uses everything for my good because it says this in the Bible. He takes care of me and I know that with Him anything is possible.
    I am sorry if anything came off wrong. I am truly interested about the EFT and do not mean to put it down. I was more ranting about the TV program I watched. I just don’t like it when people try to say one thing is the only way to heal you. They are not God and do not know what is needed for each person.
    Lots of love to you,
    Lauren

    Hi Lauren,
    there is no problem at all. I enjoy this kind of talks. For me it is very much linked to life and what its all about it. The problem arises for me like for you. I have problem when people fire off too quickly statements of their thinking. These are only mind construction and have nothing to do with reality.
    When you look deeply into the talks people have you will notice that they are never really communicating it is much like a group of people watching a field of snow and each one is having differently coloured sunglasses on. One says the snow is read and the other says no, no, its blue. While the third is laughing his head of telling them that they are nuts because the snow is green.
    Who is right and who is wrong. All are right and all are wrong.

    Now, if we take the subject of God. Ask three people about God and you get to hear their thoughts about God. This is much like the group looking at the snow. Now, a Christian might say. Well, we find God in the Bible. But the Bible too is much more like a menu in the restaurant, the Bible is not God. Ask five Bible believers about their God and they too will give you five “pictures” they have in their mind about God. Each denomination turns into abomination trying to paint their picture of God.

    I personally want to stay close to truth and what is. Today I woke up and felt a little attack on my system and body. I did my EFT rounds and the symptoms vanished over the entire day. I am happy about it and thankful.

    Where is God now? Well everything is God, the healing, the EFT, me being open for it is Grace, Life and Truth. Its much like going to bed, you can go and lay yourself because you want to sleep but you cant make yourself. You have to lean into it. Walking around in the kitchen will not help but laying in Bed saying…I am going to sleep….I am going to sleep now….I want to sleep dammit.. will not do it. Sleeping is Grace too and waking up in the morning too. I dont wake myself up. I cant even decide what I dream. If I would be in control I would dream every night that I would be on a wonderful paradise Island, but I never managed that.

    My healing to day after EFT is Gods doing.

    Check out this video on war veterans. And remember if the fruits are good the tree is good. 😉

    http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=6887426238803490578&hl=en&fs=true&autoplay=1

    All the best to you
    yours
    Thomas

    #77686

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    Hello Thomas,

    I recommend checking out the documentary/film/lecture called “Evolve Your Brain” and its about how the brain works. Great insight about habits, lifestyles, etc.

    -raster

    #77711

    Tylar
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 6

    Hey there! I’ve recently discovered EFT, also. Interesting stuff, from the little I’ve learned so far. I believe it’s tied into an acupressure-type response. Very body/mind.

    I’m not a “woo-woo” kind of person, but it’s good to be open minded, right? I was surprised to learn that lots of professional counselors are using EFT in their practices, now, and some even receive CE credits when learning it.

    By the way, I’m new here & this is my first post. Seems like a good place to hang out. 🙂

    #77713

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    raster wrote: Hello Thomas,

    I recommend checking out the documentary/film/lecture called “Evolve Your Brain” and its about how the brain works. Great insight about habits, lifestyles, etc.

    -raster

    Hi Raster,
    I am going to check it out sounds cool. Do I find it at youtube?
    thank you mate!
    cheers
    Thomas

    #77715

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    Tylar wrote: Hey there! I’ve recently discovered EFT, also. Interesting stuff, from the little I’ve learned so far. I believe it’s tied into an acupressure-type response. Very body/mind.

    I’m not a “woo-woo” kind of person, but it’s good to be open minded, right? I was surprised to learn that lots of professional counselors are using EFT in their practices, now, and some even receive CE credits when learning it.

    By the way, I’m new here & this is my first post. Seems like a good place to hang out. 🙂

    Hi mate!
    welcome to the forum! I am totally open for anything. I only measure things by my standards. It has to work then its ok for me. I am not going around and around doing the thing again muddling in the same mud. There is a lot of things which never worked in this world, why bother doing it again and again. One is politics, fights between religions, school systems….education didn’t actually made people smarter in a good way (wise), after they got an education they turned around marched to wallstreet and started ripping people off. Why educating people and teach them not to work but playing games with other peoples money?

    Another group are doctors, they have their noses so deep into detail that they loose track of the whole picture. In one way I believe a crime investigator would make a better medic or a good computer and a great algorithm for checking symptoms.

    I am even considering “woo-woo” if it works, if some witchcraft man is throwing rice and feathers on my head and let me drink urine. Why not…if it helps.
    But there is still a long way of investigation for me to be done. I am done with the medics now. Did my last tests and they didn’t find a thing. Feel great for about a week now, cant believe that EFT is so powerful, starting to get afraid that its not holding up and was a placebo……anyhow I enjoy my week of hundred percent symptom free days. I am too eating everything and don’t care.

    People who know me here, know what a miracle that is for me. Now, it too could be that I dont have at all candida but IBS and it just has calmed down, who knows, I am going to test it out.

    all the best to you!
    cheers
    Thomas

    #77719

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    Thanks Raster!
    found it! Great stuff!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drTKVflFXFQ

    cheers
    Thomas

    #77724

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    Here is the 8 part lecture:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMN_Sd9qdIE

    -raster

    #77787

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    raster wrote: Here is the 8 part lecture:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMN_Sd9qdIE

    -raster

    Thanks mate, cool stuff!
    cheers
    Thomas

    #79519

    Lorelei
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

    Thanks so much for sharing Thomas and congratulations. If there is one thing I’ve learned through this whole journey, it is to listen to what my body is telling me. Now it’s time to tell my mind what it needs to know to get better. I’m trying it.

    I hope you can keep us updated on how you are doing once in a while.

    #79524

    Javizy
    Member
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

    I almost bought a book about EFT before, but I read the Wikipedia about it first.

    Wiki wrote: A 2003 controlled study of 119 university students, with self-reported specific phobias, found that EFT diminished fear in participants but that the effects were due to conventional therapeutic techniques and distraction rather than the EFT theory proposed by the practitioners.[5]
    There is no evidence that acupuncture points, meridians or the other concepts of traditional Chinese medicine exist.[4] An article on EFT published in Skeptical Inquirer described the evidence supporting the theory as anecdotal and because the number of points at which the body’s meridians can allegedly be manipulated are so numerous, it is impossible to falsify the theory of EFT, thus rendering it pseudoscientific.[3] A 2009 review found that the “small successes seen in [emotional freedom technique and the Tapas acupressure technique] therapies are potentially attributable to well-known cognitive and behavioral techniques that are included with the energy manipulation. Psychologists and researchers should be wary of using such techniques, and make efforts to inform the public about the ill effects of therapies that advertise miraculous claims.”[6]

    Like I said before, if you have an overactive stress response, you’re never going to recover from your problems. The physiology of stress and its devastating effects are well documented, and anything that helps you control it is going to benefit your health. If that happens to be EFT, then it’s worth pursuing.

    People have got relief from believing much crazier things (try looking up John Sarno), but what these therapies all have in common is the ability to help you relax and stop worrying, to free you of the emotional burden of your health problems. In some cases, that’s all it takes to recover.

    #79537

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    Javizy wrote: I almost bought a book about EFT before, but I read the Wikipedia about it first.

    A 2003 controlled study of 119 university students, with self-reported specific phobias, found that EFT diminished fear in participants but that the effects were due to conventional therapeutic techniques and distraction rather than the EFT theory proposed by the practitioners.[5]
    There is no evidence that acupuncture points, meridians or the other concepts of traditional Chinese medicine exist.[4] An article on EFT published in Skeptical Inquirer described the evidence supporting the theory as anecdotal and because the number of points at which the body’s meridians can allegedly be manipulated are so numerous, it is impossible to falsify the theory of EFT, thus rendering it pseudoscientific.[3] A 2009 review found that the “small successes seen in [emotional freedom technique and the Tapas acupressure technique] therapies are potentially attributable to well-known cognitive and behavioral techniques that are included with the energy manipulation. Psychologists and researchers should be wary of using such techniques, and make efforts to inform the public about the ill effects of therapies that advertise miraculous claims.”[6]

    Like I said before, if you have an overactive stress response, you’re never going to recover from your problems. The physiology of stress and its devastating effects are well documented, and anything that helps you control it is going to benefit your health. If that happens to be EFT, then it’s worth pursuing.

    People have got relief from believing much crazier things (try looking up John Sarno), but what these therapies all have in common is the ability to help you relax and stop worrying, to free you of the emotional burden of your health problems. In some cases, that’s all it takes to recover.

    Hi mate,
    you dont need to buy it, they are free online for download. Its pretty cool that there is a way for you to test it yourself without feeling that someone is trying to squeeze out some money for something which is not working.

    Test it and see. I have a motto: What I can test and its working for me that’s it – no more questions.

    Why would you believe in mainstream science which is changing all the time their arrogant statements but fail to heal.

    I rather have a magician throw feather and rice on my head while the congregation of witches is dancing around me BUT I am healed. 😉 Than having a smart and well spoken MD telling me that there is no evidence BUT he cant heal me and he charge a lot for not performing.

    So, I rather go to the one who doesn’t cost me a dime and heals me than hold the company of big talkers, performing low and sucking me for my money.

    Try it out yourself and tell me what it is for you and not what some other people say.

    Do your own empirical research as a way of gaining knowledge by means of direct and indirect observation or experience. (Oh, that sounds cool. I copied it from wiki too. 😉

    check out that movie it will give you something to think:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVECAlT4AXY&feature=gv&hl=sv

    cheers and have fun
    Life is short
    Thomas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Lets try something new!’ is closed to new replies.