Lets talk quantities

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Lets talk quantities

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Lauren 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I am curious the quantities daily of some of the most important items of this diet. As well as if you use it more than once a day and when please. I feel like I am in a rut and want to see if I can step it up a notch.

Such as:

Greek yogurt
    Kefir
    Probiotics
    AVC
    Lemon and water
    Oil of oregano
    SF722
    coconut oil
    garlic
    rutabaga
    onion

I understand that we all use slightly different products, are at different stages, and have different levels of infestation. There might be something else I left off the list so feel free to mention it anyway.

Thanks for your help!

Kirsty

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Kirsty.

The thing to keep in mind when you’re adding or increasing the foods is that you still need to include as many green vegetables as possible on the diet, so of course in eating the foods below, you’ll need to ‘save room’ for the vegetables.
    And actually, I think you’re far enough along and are familiar enough with what you need to do that you could decide for yourself how much of each of these foods you need or want to have, but I’ll give you some suggestions with which to compare your own opinions.

Greek yogurt: two to three times a day tops.
    Kefir: Same as above.
    (Keep in mind that if you have one of these three times a day, you wouldn’t want to have the other one three times as well since this would fill you to the point of having to leave out some of the vegetables.)

Probiotics: Once or twice a day, morning and night. You can take about as much as you like up to around 200 billion. The most I’ve taken in one day was 160 billion which I took for about a month (guessing), but I’ve read research reports of over 200 billion taken in one day with no problems.

AVC: Three times a day after meals at a dosage of 1 teaspoonful per meal.

Lemon and water: Three to five times a day.

Oil of oregano: Up to 18 drops a day spread over several doses. But at this amount you would need to take a break from the oil at least every two weeks, and you would only need this amount during the very worst part of the infestation.

SF722: Raster can tell you about this as I’ve never used it and have done very little research on it.

Coconut oil: Of course you can cook with it as often as you choose. As far as taking it straight; up to 16 teaspoonfuls a day, and again, you would need this amount for only a short period of time.

Garlic: As much and as often as you wish.

Rutabaga: No more than one whole or one half rutabaga a day, depending on size, four or five days a week. Doing this you’ll leave time for other important vegetables.

Onion: As much and as often as you wish.

Able

kirstyk4

Thanks so much Able! That was a lot of help. 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I take 2 capsules of SF722 per meal; you might want to start off with just 2 per day and work your way up to 6 per day. It all depends on how much die-off you have.

I take 3 probiotic capsules per day because mine are generally low count ones; mine are 12.5-20 billion per capsule.

-Raster

kirstyk4

Raster – is it best to take the SF722 with a meal or alone to be more effective? I thought they recommended taking antifungals on an empty stomach?

Also, was 3 probiotics the max you have taken throughout your diet?

Thank you

Kirsty

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

kirstyk4 wrote: Raster – is it best to take the SF722 with a meal or alone to be more effective? I thought they recommended taking antifungals on an empty stomach?

Also, was 3 probiotics the max you have taken throughout your diet?

Thank you

Kirsty

Kirsty,
    One thing I have done with good results is spreading Coconut oil on the buckwheat I eat. Sometimes, I speak with the devil (candida) and tell it, do you want to ferment the buckwheat ?? It is all to you but I will give it you with something you don’t like (coconut oil) It is thinking the grains will go poisoned and the fungus will have a hard time feeding with it. With Oregano Oil, when I have taken it, I have opened the capsules and mixed it with coconut oil and 2 ounces of almond milk (unsweetened) The intestinal surface is a big area and you need to spread the antifungals as much as you can. I always take them diluted in something to improve the coverture. I do the treatment doing enemas to reach the colon with potency. Nystatin enemas has been incredible. I have seen tons of white threads with mucus passing out after retention enemas. This has given my treatment a high speed in the direction of ending this nightmare.
    I hope you can use it for your own benefit.
    Jorge.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Raster & Able – re the probiotic dosages. Do you multiply the count by the amount of take you take? I.E. the Megaflora I have is just 20 billion (I ordered the lower count in error, I’m now awaiting delivery of the 50 bill) – so if I take 2 in the morning & 2 in the evening am I taking 80 billion? And if up to 200 bill is ok then can I work this up to 10 tabs a day?!

Then when my 50 bill arrives I presume I adjust to match the amount I’ve worked up to (ie 20bill x 5 = 50bill x 2) and then increase further but more slowly?

Lucylu

Raster & Able – re the probiotic dosages. Do you multiply the count by the amount of take you take? I.E. the Megaflora I have is just 20 billion (I ordered the lower count in error, I’m now awaiting delivery of the 50 bill) – so if I take 2 in the morning & 2 in the evening am I taking 80 billion? And if up to 200 bill is ok then can I work this up to 10 tabs a day?!

Then when my 50 bill arrives I presume I adjust to match the amount I’ve worked up to (ie 20bill x 5 = 50bill x 2) and then increase further but more slowly?

Able900
    Spectator

Lucylu wrote: Raster & Able – re the probiotic dosages. Do you multiply the count by the amount of take you take? I.E. the Megaflora I have is just 20 billion (I ordered the lower count in error, I’m now awaiting delivery of the 50 bill) – so if I take 2 in the morning & 2 in the evening am I taking 80 billion? And if up to 200 bill is ok then can I work this up to 10 tabs a day?!

That’s correct, Lucy. But before you raise the count past 200 billion, I would take into detailed account where you stand as far as progress at that time. There may not be a need to go past 200 billion in other words, especially if you’re ingesting lots of prebiotic food sources and kefir. Providing you’re getting enough, the prebiotics will allow the flora to continue to multiply at any count you’re taking.

Able

Lucylu

OK, thanks Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Also, if you start taking 10 probiotic pills per day, this could be very expensive in the long run. I’ve just capped it out at 3 per day because I don’t want to spend anymore!

-Raster

Lucylu

That’s exactly what I was thinking Raster! I was planning to hti the beast with a very high dose for about a month and then bring it back down gradually to a more pocket-friendly quantity. Do you think that’ll work?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Able900 wrote: Providing you’re getting enough, the prebiotics will allow the flora to continue to multiply at any count you’re taking.

Speaking of which, is it worth supplementing with FOS powder? I’m trying to include the prebiotic veg in my diet as frequently as possible, but a supplement would make it a lot easier.

Able900
    Spectator

Javizy wrote: Speaking of which, is it worth supplementing with FOS powder? I’m trying to include the prebiotic veg in my diet as frequently as possible, but a supplement would make it a lot easier.

Taking FOS would feed the bacteria as well as increasing the number of flora in the system, but you would probably be wasting your money if you take it longer than 8 weeks.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/129/12/2231.short

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Note on FOS. I have been told that I can not take it since some bad bacteria can feed on it. FOS (fructoolligosaccharides) is feed on by citrobacter species, which I had a problem with. So I should avid it. I am actually still taking a fiber supplement with FOS in it because I cant find a fiber supplement that is gluten and wheat,yeast, and dairy free, that has insoluble and soluble fiber, which is needed in a fiber supplement. If anyone knows of a fiber supplement I would great appreciate it. Though I tend to do better with capsules because I cant get the thick fiber drinks down my throat.
    Thanks again
    Lauren

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Lets talk quantities’ is closed to new replies.