Lemon and sugar content

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Lemon and sugar content

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  11j11 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

11j11
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 11

Dear All,

It says in the ‘Foods to Eat’ list that lemon juice is fine. Though, lemons reportedly contain sugar (albeit a tiny amount).

Could anyone clarify why this is?

I like drinking just lemon juice with just water added and I would love it if I could keep this up whilst candida dieting.

Best Wishes

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

11j11;30470 wrote: Dear All,
    It says in the ‘Foods to Eat’ list that lemon juice is fine. Though, lemons reportedly contain sugar (albeit a tiny amount).

Could anyone clarify why this is?

Don’t worry about the sugar content of lemons. Limes and lemons have the least amount of sugar than any other fruit. Lemon water is also part of a good cleanse, plus it increases digestive secretions due to its bitter properties which benefits the digestive process.

Able

11j11
    Participant

Able900;30476 wrote:

Don’t worry about the sugar content of lemons. Limes and lemons have the least amount of sugar than any other fruit. Lemon water is also part of a good cleanse, plus it increases digestive secretions due to its bitter properties which benefits the digestive process.

Able

I thought ANY and ALL sugar should be avoided until stage 3?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There is no way to completely avoid sugar while on the diet; a head of lettuce contains 3g of sugar and a red onion contains 4g of sugar. This is a low sugar diet.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

11j11;30478 wrote: I thought ANY and ALL sugar should be avoided until stage 3?

Impossible unless you intend to stop eating. A medium size lemon contains about 1.5 grams of sugar. If you’re going to stop eating all foods that contain sugar, then you’re going to starve.

Cabbage: 2 grams of sugar per cup
    Green beans: 2 grams of sugar per cup
    Broccoli: 2 grams of sugar per cup
    Fresh Kale: 2 grams of sugar per cup
    Fresh Spinach: 1 gram of sugar per cup
    Turnip greens: 1 gram of sugar per cup
    (1)Boiled egg contains 1 gram of sugar

Able

11j11
    Participant

Okay. Thank you both for clarifying/putting it in perspective able + raster. Lemon water with ginger powder is actually one of my favourite drinks in normal life, so I’m glad to hear that lemon is ok . 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lemon and sugar content’ is closed to new replies.