Leaky gut_question! Raster?!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Leaky gut_question! Raster?!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  JohnnyPonny 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi raster!
    you said that you had a bad case of leaky gut. I am pretty sure that I am in the same boat. I was checking the internet on leaky gut and diets to help it, and in several was total no no for the kefir and all milk products. I wonder now how it was with you and kefir, how did you get your intestine to heal even drinking Kefir.

Could you please write us a outline for healing the leaky gut problem.

I have to stop again to drink Kefir because I feel quite bad again. It really sucks because I feel in a way its doing me good and then I get these reactions.

Thanks
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well, if kefir is a problem for your gut, I would switch to solely using a probiotic. I have never had kefir, so am unsure what problems it could do to the gut.

I take a homeopathic that is primarily used to heal my leaky gut. However, foods high with FOS can heal the gut as well. If you get a product called inulin (miracle fiber), you can add it to your foods such as coconut bread and it will help heal the gut also.

The homeopathic I took is called digestive enzyme liquidscence, however I do not think it’ll be easy to find it on the internet or even a vitamin store. I got it prescribed to me by my naturopath doctor and don’t recommend the use of homeopathic medicine because I am not a doctor myself. However, any bitters is an alternative way to heal the gut, and you should try to get some if possible. Orange bitters, lemon bitters, spanish bitters, swedish bitters, grape bitters all work. I wouldn’t worry too much about any small amount of alcohol found in the bitters because your body should be able to recover and get past any negatives in the alcohol.

-Raster

Thomas

raster wrote: Well, if kefir is a problem for your gut, I would switch to solely using a probiotic. I have never had kefir, so am unsure what problems it could do to the gut.

I take a homeopathic that is primarily used to heal my leaky gut. However, foods high with FOS can heal the gut as well. If you get a product called inulin (miracle fiber), you can add it to your foods such as coconut bread and it will help heal the gut also.

The homeopathic I took is called digestive enzyme liquidscence, however I do not think it’ll be easy to find it on the internet or even a vitamin store. I got it prescribed to me by my naturopath doctor and don’t recommend the use of homeopathic medicine because I am not a doctor myself. However, any bitters is an alternative way to heal the gut, and you should try to get some if possible. Orange bitters, lemon bitters, spanish bitters, swedish bitters, grape bitters all work. I wouldn’t worry too much about any small amount of alcohol found in the bitters because your body should be able to recover and get past any negatives in the alcohol.

-Raster

Thank you raster, I will see if I get a homeopath on my case too, we have one 2 hours drive from me. Which food is high on FOS? I am following the diet plan stage 1 from you and able here on the forum.

Raster how did you read your symptoms when you where still sick?

some of the reactions are good because we kill the candida, but the same symptoms can be read as a inflammation and allergic reaction of the gut. Lets say you eat garlic, and get a heavy reaction with dizziness and stomach pain, itching skin in eyes and anus, pain in the muscles, spasms in the bladder and diarrhoea. Was it now a good reaction, meaning we did a heavy blow to the candida, and a heavy die-off which means keep going with it as we are killing off the enemy?! Analyse of the situation would lead to:

Plan of action eat garlic.

Or does it tell me. Stop with it, you are putting something in your system you are allergic too and your weak and leaky gut cant handle, he needs to heal and gets a rest.

Plan of action: Stop eating garlic!

I have the same battle in my mind with all the food, like the wonderful coccus bread. I love it, and eat it with eggs or avocado salat. After it I am having a little dizziness and very little stomach pain. Here again the same game of confusion, I stick it through until the candida is starved to death or I stop with that too because its an reaction for a wounded gut?

I have the feeling that this is the only and most profound problem I still have. There is no hunger, no needing of anything nothing, I am all content with everything only that dam confusion about the way to battle on different front lines and different symptoms. Kefir and yoghurt is great in the battle against candida, its great too for building up a good intestines flora so I should and want to eat it a lot. But the wounded and out of shape guts cant handle them.

Do you get a picture of my confusion?

thanks a lot!
    yours
    thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Thomas
    The “coccus” bread sounds interesting. Do you make this yourself or purchase it premade?

Here’s a rundown of the different symptoms you described and a general explanation of what each represents.

dizziness – Of course this can be a symptom of Candida, but when you’ve been on the treatment for several weeks, it’s normally a die-off reaction.

Stomach pain is a symptom of both Candida and die-off. However, when you experience stomach pain followed by diarrhea it’s more than likely being caused by die-off.

Diarrhea is usually a die-off symptom.

At this stage of the treatment, pains in the muscles are associated more with die-off than the Candida itself.

Itching skin and eyes are more than likely linked to allergies caused by the leaky gut syndrome.

Itching around the anus can be caused by Candida or other pathogens.

There is a way to test whether these are caused by die-off or not, and at the same time, lessen the die-off symptoms. Simply stop all antifungals for about five days but remain strictly on the Candida diet. If the symptoms cease, then they were probably being caused by die-off, if they do not, then the cause was probably the Candida.

Foods that either contain or produce inulin (FOS):
    Asparagus Stem
    Chicory root
    Artichoke bulb
    Avocados
    Leeks
    Onions
    Garlic
    Oat bran and rice bran
    Broccoli
    Eggplant
    (Homemade yogurt and kefir contain probiotics)

Able

Thomas

Able900 wrote: Hello, Thomas
    The “coccus” bread sounds interesting. Do you make this yourself or purchase it premade?

Here’s a rundown of the different symptoms you described and a general explanation of what each represents.

dizziness – Of course this can be a symptom of Candida, but when you’ve been on the treatment for several weeks, it’s normally a die-off reaction.

Stomach pain is a symptom of both Candida and die-off. However, when you experience stomach pain followed by diarrhea it’s more than likely being caused by die-off.

Diarrhea is usually a die-off symptom.

At this stage of the treatment, pains in the muscles are associated more with die-off than the Candida itself.

Itching skin and eyes are more than likely linked to allergies caused by the leaky gut syndrome.

Itching around the anus can be caused by Candida or other pathogens.

There is a way to test whether these are caused by die-off or not, and at the same time, lessen the die-off symptoms. Simply stop all antifungals for about five days but remain strictly on the Candida diet. If the symptoms cease, then they were probably being caused by die-off, if they do not, then the cause was probably the Candida.

Foods that either contain or produce inulin (FOS):
    Asparagus Stem
    Chicory root
    Artichoke bulb
    Avocados
    Leeks
    Onions
    Garlic
    Oat bran and rice bran
    Broccoli
    Eggplant
    (Homemade yogurt and kefir contain probiotics)

Able

The cocos bread is the one here from the forum, I believe it comes from Raster. Dont remember the right name. I bake it myself and love it. I only use 4 eggs instead of 6 but its tasty anyhow.

From the list I can get here and eat
    Asparagus Stem
    Avocados
    Broccoli
    kefir bought in the store, no sugar natural kefir from russia

thank you very much for you explanations about the confusion with die-off, feeding the candida or simply the leaky gut reactions.

It is very helpful in times of confusion to hear the sound of reason here in the forum.

Thank you for all your help!
    yours
    Thomas

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Thomas,
    Try to find this product in Europe. This is a Russian Prebiotic (made in Brazil also) that is considered one of the best Prebiotics so far. I have more information about it including comparative charts about the colonic bacterial ecology before and after taking it for a month. It is incredible how the flora growth taking it. ( a lot more than taking FOS or Inulin ) I will try to find the papers in my archives. By now, here it is.
    Jorge.

http://www.chemitex.com.br/arquivos/lactofiltrum1.pdf

Thomas

dvjorge wrote: Thomas,
    Try to find this product in Europe. This is a Russian Prebiotic (made in Brazil also) that is considered one of the best Prebiotics so far. I have more information about it including comparative charts about the colonic bacterial ecology before and after taking it for a month. It is incredible how the flora growth taking it. ( a lot more than taking FOS or Inulin ) I will try to find the papers in my archives. By now, here it is.
    Jorge.

http://www.chemitex.com.br/arquivos/lactofiltrum1.pdf

Hi Jorge,
    thanks a lot for the link and thinking of me!!! Just noticed that link is dead.
    Ok, I fixed it myself. If you copy the link directly in a browser it works.

Merry Christmas mate!
    yours
    Thomas

Thomas

Able900 wrote:

Able

Hi Able,
    I feel terrible again and need to figure out what is wrong. The only anti fungal I take are SF722 three times a day 2 capsules and probiotic 20 billion 14 strings 3 times 1 capsule. To test the symptoms, shall I stop with everything?

thanks
    Thomas

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

I am also suffering from leaky gut, as gluten, milk and other foods were causing me realy problems.

Check out this product, (i dont know if its available to ship to your location) Marshmallow Formula

The product formerly called “Leaky-G-Herb”.

Before reading the information below, please note that healing a genuinely leaky gut takes several months, though the process may be speeded up by with addtional products such as Threelac, Golden Seal Formula E or F and Colostrum.

An excessively permeable intestinal mucosa (“leaky gut”) is a major cause of food allergies since it permits the passage of undigested food proteins and peptides into the blood stream, where they provoke an allergic response. A leaky gut also greatly facilitates autointoxication from the bowel, and we believe this to be a major and common cause of unwellness and disease.

A prime cause of a leaky gut is Candida (it also results from alcoholism.) Supposedly Candida physically damages the intestinal mucosa, though our work suggests another mechanism is frequently operative: acetaldehyde produced by Candida weakens the mucosa by free-radical activity. Certainly a leaky gut is invariably a concomitant of candidiasis, and specific measures must be undertaken to deal with it. Occasionally food allergies disappear when Candida is eradicated, presumably because a burden is removed from the immune system, but more commonly they do not disappear until healing of the leaky gut occurs. Although there may be some spontaneous healing once Candida is eliminated (particularly if irritant foods such as sugar are being avoided, and if vitamins and minerals are being supplemented, especially vitamin A and zinc), this is best not left to chance and we recommend that Marshmallow Formula be started about four months after anticandidal therapy is started and maintained for several months.

The manufacturers report that they once saw a hyperactive boy who had 19 food allergies (based on kiniesiology testing) when they first saw him, 13 of which were severe, to whom they gave Goldenseal Formula followed by Marshmallow Formula. After using these products he had only six allergies, four of which were mild and two of which were insignificant, so there is no doubt that food allergies can be resolved. It was also speculated that if this boy’s digestive system were supported, these residual allergies would fade too.[/i]

I have ordered it but the site advises to take it only after 3 months after starting an anti candidal diet so i cant comment on it yet.

Ash

JohnnyPonny
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 39

So can a coconut flour cause “dieoff”? I get the same reaction as Thomas from my coconut bread.

*JohnnyPonny*

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Leaky gut_question! Raster?!’ is closed to new replies.