Leaky Gut syndrome

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Leaky Gut syndrome

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mygutleaks 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mstewart
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 47

How do you begin to heal this?
    I believe I have it too along with the candida infestation.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

mstewart wrote: How do you begin to heal this?
    I believe I have it too along with the candida infestation.

With a fungal overgrowth present, it is impossible to heal the gut. Food intolerance need to be addressed too. Stress, totally controled, specially if you have chronic stress. Later, you can elaborate a plan with supplements that help to heal the gut.

Jorge.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You can heal leaky gut through a variety of supplements. I would look at starting these supplements when you are over the die-off stage. There are many to choose from. These supplements have been covered over and over on the forum and there was a good post last week.

-raster

catlover345
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 43

How would you know if you have a leaky gut?

raster
    Participant

If you have any allergies to food items then you likely have leaky gut. For instance, if you ate some potatoes, corn, nuts, sugar, etc (basically stuff you cannot have on the diet) and feel any kind of change in symptoms, then you have leaky gut.

-raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

It’s hard to imagine anyone with candida having a normal level of intestinal permeability. It requires healthy mucosa, a healthy immune system (low inflammation) and strong colonies of probiotics. All these things are compromised by candida, or maintained by its presence. You might not suffer to the degree of developing allergies, but I think everyone here needs to heal their gut as much as they need to kill candida, and doing one will improve the effects of doing the other.

catlover345
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 43

If you have leaky gut will the probiotics be less effective? what can you take to help it?

raster
    Participant

Probiotics heal leaky gut. The diet will reduce inflammation. Other supplements help heal leaky gut as well, foods high in FOS, glutamine, inulin, bitters, etc. are examples of ways to heal the gut.

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Yes.
    Dr. Walt Stoll, a Holistic MD who understood and treated many leaky gut cases told me several times in his own bulletin board, I have to treat candida and the leaky gut at the same time. According to him, leaky gut causes candida because when the lining is inflammated as a result of food allergies, undigested food particles reach the colon providing a fermentation environment for candida.
    Both things are very important and very linked.

http://curezone.com/blogs/fm.asp?i=967073
    Jorge.

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

there are differing opinions on this board as to whether or not one can cure leaky gut without first curing candida. i’m in a catch 22. i can’t kill candida because i can’t eat veggies – i have an allergic reaction from the leaky cut when i eat the foods on the candida diet. i am trying to cure leaky gut with probiotics, Seacure (high dose of omega 3), and slippery elm. But doubt my candida is gone. plus, everyone has some candida. has anyone successfully cured leaky gut without treating candida?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Leaky Gut syndrome’ is closed to new replies.