Leaky gut or still candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Leaky gut or still candida?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  willsurvive 6 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

willsurvive
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 25

All itching and fatigue has gone away and I am able to eat stage 3 food with none of the old reactions. This is my 5 th month in diet. But now when I eat I feel nauseous for 30 min after meals. I take enzymes, sf722, with meals. I am thinking of adding betaine Hcl, but wondering if this is still yeast or the aftermath of fighting yeast for so long.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

willsurvive;45209 wrote: All itching and fatigue has gone away and I am able to eat stage 3 food with none of the old reactions. This is my 5 th month in diet. But now when I eat I feel nauseous for 30 min after meals. I take enzymes, sf722, with meals. I am thinking of adding betaine Hcl, but wondering if this is still yeast or the aftermath of fighting yeast for so long.

Unfortunately, no one on the forum can tell you for certain what’s causing the nausea because it could stem from any one of many reasons.

What was your diet like? Also, which enzymes are you taking and how long have you been taking them?

Able

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

As Able says it hard to answer for sure. My experience is I feel free of Candida with very little toxic feeling or die off like symptoms, but I still have certain things that trigger leaky gut reactions. Coffee (caffeine or swiss water decaff) is the one that gives me the strangest reaction, its almost like the same feeling that you get if you smoke a joint.

I’m careful with the amount of eggs or coconut produce I eat as they were things I was eating a lot of. If I eat too much coconut milk or meat it gives me digestive issues & eggs can kick of skin reactions for me.

But I am ok eating small amounts of rice with a curry, & fruit.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would argue that nausea is a type of allergic reaction and that you should stop eating the foods that give this reaction.

I don’t think it has anything to do with leaky gut.

-raster

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

You might have leaky gut as well.
    Your body might have built up an intolerance to certain foods over time if you have leaky gut. I got this test called the Lactulose Manitol test which can tell you if you have Intestinal Permeability (ie: leaky gut) or not. Its not so expensive. My doctor, who is a regular MD, did it for me.

If you do have leaky gut then you have to add a 4-day rotation plan to your eating to eliminate the intolerances over a 3-month period.

willsurvive

Thanks Able for the response. The enzymes are NOW brand
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=N8-1111&sourceType=sc&source=FG&adGroup=60-80&keyword=N8-1111&cm_mmc=Google+Shopping-_-Product+Listing+Ads-_-60-80-_-N8-1111&gclid=CJau3fbR_7cCFWNp7Aodpx0ACw#.UcnHaI7vZ8s

I was eating some grain which included rice in one meal mixed with beans, and turkey on a white roll (naughty I know) in another meal when I experienced nausea. I was taking 5 SF722 with each meal, and today did an experiment. Today, I only took 2 with each meal and there was only 5 minutes of nausea. I ate egg and the whole grain sourdough bread, and then actually have brought in some fresh mozarella cheese which I have on homeade yeast free crust (like a pizza with no sauce). I know I am eating a lot of grain. I am predominantly a vegetarian eating turkey once every 3 weeks out of being forced to from the diet, so one of the things I used to eat a lot of was grain. I do eat fish once a week and had also fish with salad with lemon and olive oil for one meal and roasted brussel sprouts. I did not experience nausea after that. So overall, I am eating homeade food, and no sugar, but grains and mozzarella cheese only. The only fruit I am eating is blueberries (about 5 in oatmeal that is plain.) The nausea pretty much occured after the rice (which maybe that was too sugar oriented) and the turkey on a white roll. But I have no itching, no nothing when I eat it. I must be getting a lot better. I noticed a huge improvement once I started SF722, Did 3 courses of Diflucan, and moved my probiotic up to 100 billion Flora Care from 50 billion. I hope this is enough info. I know it’s like solving a mystery. It has been that way for me.

I also have one skin patch that is dry and red about 1/2 an inch on my finger that wont leave. I have put coconut oil on it, mycanzole cream, oregano oil on it. It improved it, but it wont fully go away.

FYI, I don’t plan on eating bread every day, but wanted to see if I could a couple days a week. It seems ok. I guess I will have to see how long the nausea lasts. It has only been going on for 2 days. And now that I have decreased SF722 it seems less. Could it be that I was taking too much SF722?

Thanks so much for the help.

willsurvive

Benc and Bansaw: Ok, I am going to ask my doc to test me for leaky gut. I think your right rotation and moderation may be what will spare me the nausea. I’m rotating so much, anti fungals, supplements, and cleanses. I hope I never see another supplement again this time next year other than enzymes and one probiotic! I want to get everything naturally from my food.

willsurvive

raster;45229 wrote: I would argue that nausea is a type of allergic reaction and that you should stop eating the foods that give this reaction.

I don’t think it has anything to do with leaky gut.

-raster

Ok, you may be right! I guess I need more time to see. Thank you for your insight

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

After eating what you ate, that seems like a lot of stuff that could of caused a reaction. Rice, bread, and even the turkey.

You should be introducing things back one at a time and not 3 or 4 in one meal cause it becomes a lot harder to determine what gave you the reaction.

Did the turkey have antibiotics in it like most of them do? Did the Rice or bread cause a reaction which is very possible?

Unfortunately taking a bunch of antifungals with food you really want to eat isn’t going to counteract any negatives of the food. It’ll just cause a war in your stomach which could also account for your nausea.

willsurvive

Smitty, I tried yesterday to do the antifungals in between and did not experience nausea. This may have been it! The naturopath said to take SF722 with each meal to kill anything that would cause me a reaction, but I was taking more than he said. He said 2. I was taking what the bottle said which is 5. I have decided to take 2 with a meal since when I did it in between I did have a slight candida reaction after eating. But literally like a tiny twinge of sensation, way better than I used to be. I am getting my life back slowly but surely.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Leaky gut or still candida?’ is closed to new replies.