Leaky gut issues

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Leaky gut issues

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Hey all!

I think I’m having some leaky gut situation happening. I’m starting to react to the coconut bread as well as the soup I make a couple of times a week. This is typical to the cycle that I’ve been experiencing for the last two years. Eat too much of a food, develop symptoms, have to stop eating it. Except now it really sucks because we already have quite a limited list of foods 🙁

I can deal without the bread and soup, but I’d like to know what I can do to help plug up the holes! I know there are supplements and things to take to help the leaky gut (I’m already taking several of them), but I also know that:
    a. it takes time and
    b. it doesn’t really work when you’ve still got candida eating away new holes

Any suggestions for what I can do right now to stop these new intolerances from happening? Should I just take more of the leaky gut type supplements or is it useless since I obviously still have active candida-ites munching through me?

Because my gut is so leaky, I can literally become sensitive to any food, so even “hypo-allergenic” foods (or ones people would think might be, like veggies), are not to me.

Thanks for any and all help!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend trying food rotation if possible. I was pretty much allergic to everything starting out as well, but I was able to heal it up within about 4-6 months.

I take L-Glutamine (pure encapsulations) at about 1500mg per day spread out between 3 meals. I’ve taken this throughout my treatment and should maybe do a write up about it. It heals leaky gut and improves digestion as well as a bunch of things.

Another one is bitters or enzymes. Swedish bitters cause the body to produce enzymes and does a lot of things for the body from digestion to healing the liver.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm18133_Swedish-Digestive-Bitters.aspx#post18133

Prebiotics heal leaky gut, and a good cheap source of pure inulin (FOS prebiotic) aka miracle fiber found at the vitamin shop. Sprinkle this throughout your foods or mix with the breads, or even drink straight up. Helps digestion and heals leaky gut.

Probiotics heal leaky gut as well but won’t go into this…

Here’s an ancient but good post about supplements:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2522_How-can-I-cure-my-leaky-gut.aspx

I’ve gotten over my gluten intolerance and can eat wheat no problem but I choose not to except for rare occasions. I am going to eat regular wheat pizza soon, its been too long!

-raster

alexalgebra

raster;34358 wrote: I recommend trying food rotation if possible. I was pretty much allergic to everything starting out as well, but I was able to heal it up within about 4-6 months.

I take L-Glutamine (pure encapsulations) at about 1500mg per day spread out between 3 meals. I’ve taken this throughout my treatment and should maybe do a write up about it. It heals leaky gut and improves digestion as well as a bunch of things.

Another one is bitters or enzymes. Swedish bitters cause the body to produce enzymes and does a lot of things for the body from digestion to healing the liver.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm18133_Swedish-Digestive-Bitters.aspx#post18133

Prebiotics heal leaky gut, and a good cheap source of pure inulin (FOS prebiotic) aka miracle fiber found at the vitamin shop. Sprinkle this throughout your foods or mix with the breads, or even drink straight up. Helps digestion and heals leaky gut.

Probiotics heal leaky gut as well but won’t go into this…

Here’s an ancient but good post about supplements:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2522_How-can-I-cure-my-leaky-gut.aspx

I’ve gotten over my gluten intolerance and can eat wheat no problem but I choose not to except for rare occasions. I am going to eat regular wheat pizza soon, its been too long!

-raster

Thanks!

I’m waiting for my bitters to arrive in the mail and I’ve been taking L-Glutamine, but not to that amount…I’ll up it this week (need to buy more). I also eat a lot of prebiotics…I take a fiber supplement every morning and eat oat bran and buckwheat pretty much every day. I’ll check out the miracle fiber though. I also saw some kefir on sale at New Seasons that has inulin in it, BTW (Helios brand – and the one on Hawthorne had coupons too in the little coupon bin, I think it’s on sale through tomorrow). Might go pick some of that up too.

Thanks for the help! I’m glad to hear someone healed through this because I’m so effing tired of being scared of food!

Oh, how do you do food rotation? Can you give me an example?

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Candida also feeds on the amino acid L-Glutamine which many people take as a supplement because Glutamine plays an important part in maintaining intestinal metabolism, structure, and function. Glutamine is also marketed as a supplement which aids muscle growth to persons involved in weightlifting, bodybuilding, endurance exercises, and other sports.
    Just read this in an article, is this true?? I hope not.

http://www.astrologyzine.com/health/yeast-infections.shtml

alexalgebra

moochpb;34364 wrote: Candida also feeds on the amino acid L-Glutamine which many people take as a supplement because Glutamine plays an important part in maintaining intestinal metabolism, structure, and function. Glutamine is also marketed as a supplement which aids muscle growth to persons involved in weightlifting, bodybuilding, endurance exercises, and other sports.

Oh no!! I hope it’s not true 🙁 That site looks a little sketchy, so maybe it’s not.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I hope not either man

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d try out the miracle fiber, its pretty cheap and last a long time. Its maybe the best ratio of improvement vs. costs out there.

Ya, I just buy the commercial kefir, but I know the homemade stuff is way better. I am going to try making it with raw milk from washington (its legal up there) when it gets warm out.

-raster

train21
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 21

alexalgebra;34365 wrote:

Candida also feeds on the amino acid L-Glutamine which many people take as a supplement because Glutamine plays an important part in maintaining intestinal metabolism, structure, and function. Glutamine is also marketed as a supplement which aids muscle growth to persons involved in weightlifting, bodybuilding, endurance exercises, and other sports.

Oh no!! I hope it’s not true 🙁 That site looks a little sketchy, so maybe it’s not.

yea, that site looks like the biggest load of garbage ever, I mean doctors millers holy tea? I would not put to much stock in it.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Hello Fellow Portlanders!

Raster, I’m not sure if you can tolerate goat milk. Peoples sells a raw one that I was making my keifer out of. It’s not cheap.

Alex, I’m so sorry to hear about your recent food intolerances. Have you thought about not eating? (Ha! just kidding) This is the first time I’ve seen inulin discussed on here. I bought a package of Yacon Powder at Peoples last summer. I’ve been using it in place of stevia in recipes, sometimes I add it to salad dressing (honey mustard style). I just ran out and ordered NOW brand inulin, I’m hoping it’s a similar product.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Leaky gut issues’ is closed to new replies.