Laryngitis from Thrush?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Laryngitis from Thrush?

This topic contains 50 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Smitty99 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

After unexpectedly and unprecedentedly having thrush last week (as detailed here, it seemed gone by Friday…but then I got laryngitis that night. My voice is mostly back today. I never felt properly “sick,” but historically, I do sometimes get laryngitis AFTER I’ve pretty much gotten over something, like on the very tail end of a cold. The other variable in this is that I had coffee on Friday for the first time since December (before the diet). I only had one cup, black, and it was high-quality.

I checked with the guy I hooked up with last weekend to see if he has laryngitis, since it’s most often viral, and he does not. Could the coffee have excited my thrush into a laryngeal frenzy? The stuff I’ve read online says fungal laryngitis usually has a slow onset and doesn’t clear up quickly, but then, who trusts the Internet? :p

Any insight/extrapolation/idle speculation is welcome.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Just like you hinted at, fungal laryngitis is actually a medical term, Shay. It’s of course caused by inflammation of the larynx which in this case is probably caused by fungal-growth organisms. Unfortunately, I’ve read that the most common fungal laryngitis is caused by the Candida albicans fungus when it shows up as thrush. As with every other form of Candida, treating the entire infestation is the best way to get rid of it.

In my (very humble) opinion, this thrush just shows that the numbers are still there, granted a lot less than five months ago – but – still there; which, again, in my opinion is a very dangerous stage. And, as you and I both know, thrush is one of the last symptoms to disappear. Even though I had a very, very mild thrush of which I never really felt the physical result, it was still the last symptom to go.

Sometime last year a member who had been really excited and happy about being completely symptom-free after only six months of the protocol told me that she wished I had been harder on her when she started ‘testing’ certain drinks and foods that I really thought she shouldn’t be trying. I could have beaten my head in for not trying harder to convince her more than I did to leave those foods alone. I really don’t want to make that same mistake again.

Five to six months is really a relatively short treatment period even for any case of Candida overgrowth, so I’m really hoping that you’re going to be very careful for a while to come… I’m talking about ‘careful’ almost to the point of being paranoid about the infestation reestablishing itself, Shay.

Able

shayfo

That’s fair, and sort of how I feel. The only difference between how I eat now and how I ate 2-3 months ago is that I’ve been eating small amounts of tomatoes (less than 1/2 cup per day, and not every day) and I drink green or black tea a couple times a week (and the one-time coffee). I don’t want to jeopardize my progress, so I’ll probably stick with my diet as is for a while longer. How long do you think it’s reasonable to wait before I introduce another food? I was planning on waiting two weeks from whenever my throat/mouth is normal again.

I also probably need to make sure I’m sleeping enough…this past week I definitely did not sleep as much as I should have. Feeling good enough to be social is tough!

In my (very humble) opinion, this…

lolololol lolz

Thanks, Able!

Able900
    Spectator

shayfo;44110 wrote: How long do you think it’s reasonable to wait before I introduce another food?

Being honest here, again, I don’t think two weeks is near long enough considering the possibility of Candida being in your larynx. I know from personal experience, the lack of symptoms and feeling good doesn’t necessarily mean “it’s gone” completely.

In my (very humble) opinion, this…

shayfo;44110 wrote: lolololol lolz
    Thanks, Able!

That’s strange, that’s at least the third time I’ve been laughed at for that statement.
    What’s so damn funny?

shayfo

Being honest here, again, I don’t think two weeks is near long enough considering the possibility of Candida being in your larynx. I know from personal experience, the lack of symptoms and feeling good doesn’t necessarily mean “it’s gone” completely.

Fair enough.

That’s strange, that’s at least the third time I’ve been laughed at for that statement.
    What’s so damn funny?

😀

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

shayfo;44122 wrote:

Fair enough.

What’s so damn funny?

😀

Just out of curiosity Shayfo, do you still take antifungals regularly? or do you just stick to the diet. I’m assuming you keep EVCO as part of your daily routine?

I’m just trying to see what my life will be like after I’m symptom free. 🙂

Have you ever considered doing a liver flush? I was reading up on that last night. Sounds interesting.

shayfo

Just out of curiosity Shayfo, do you still take antifungals regularly? or do you just stick to the diet. I’m assuming you keep EVCO as part of your daily routine?

I slacked on antifungals recently, and not to great results when faced with someone else’s goddamn yeast (wah), so I wouldn’t recommend it right away. I still eat a lot of VCO, plus rutabagas semi-regularly, but I’ve started taking biotin again and am going to make sure I’m eating more antifungals than I have been. I believe Able, who is legitimately recovered (as opposed to my mostly-there recovery), still takes VCO daily and eats jalapeños and brussels sprouts semi-regularly, but he can probably answer that more accurately than I can.

Have you ever considered doing a liver flush? I was reading up on that last night. Sounds interesting.

I haven’t. I have faith in my body to heal itself if I give it the means to do so and then get out of its way. Also, I’m pretty skeptical of most “flush” sort of things, since an herbalist I know pretty soundly debunked the popular “gallbladder flush” in which you shed a bunch of “stones” all at once. What flush have you been looking at? I’d be interested in reading about it. Link?

Smitty99

I haven’t. I have faith in my body to heal itself if I give it the means to do so and then get out of its way. Also, I’m pretty skeptical of most “flush” sort of things, since an herbalist I know pretty soundly debunked the popular “gallbladder flush” in which you shed a bunch of “stones” all at once. What flush have you been looking at? I’d be interested in reading about it. Link?

http://curezone.com/cleanse/liver/

I only really checked out the first two recipes. I’m not sure what the heck zapping is. I was reading one persons success story saying after he did a liver flush, he kept eliminating dead candida no matter what he ate but you can’t just go by one persons story. I don’t think I wanna stress or flush my liver right now. It’s already under enough stress. lol.

Just wondering a little more about your progression as far as your head goes. I still get mild headaches throughout the day and my sinus pressure is better but it seems to be replaced by a vertigo type of feeling. I think it’s probably from the candida that was in my ears cause I had fluid in my ears last month. The fluids gone but I have a weird itchy feeling inside so I’m assuming it’s screwing with my balance. How did your head progress? Similar or did you just wake up and all of a sudden everything was better?

Thanks 🙂

Btw, I know how you feel about getting candida from someone else. I too wonder if that happened to me cause this all started after an encounter as well for me. But it was almost like a perfect storm for me of so many things. Major traumatic stress for 6 weeks, antibiotics during that stint for 3, had a major mold problem. So I’m not sure if it was just one thing or a combination. I tend to lean towards the stress answer though.

shayfo

Just wondering a little more about your progression as far as your head goes. I still get mild headaches throughout the day and my sinus pressure is better but it seems to be replaced by a vertigo type of feeling. I think it’s probably from the candida that was in my ears cause I had fluid in my ears last month. The fluids gone but I have a weird itchy feeling inside so I’m assuming it’s screwing with my balance. How did your head progress? Similar or did you just wake up and all of a sudden everything was better?

I didn’t have headaches much after the first week or two, but I was slightly dizzy for probably two months when I first started the diet. It gradually subsided.

Smitty99

I didn’t have headaches much after the first week or two, but I was slightly dizzy for probably two months when I first started the diet. It gradually subsided.

Hmmm, I must have it really bad then 🙁 It’s been 3 weeks for me and I still feel worse head wise than before I started this. It’s been progressing very slowly each day though. I find if I move my head too quickly, I get dizzy just for a brief moment.

I also lose my voice easily lately if I talk too much and my throat gets really sore after I take my antifungals. I guess that’s normal though. That’s probably a good indication that I do have it in my throat too.

Frig, what I read about how stress can cause candida infection was damn scary and probably accounts for why I feel it everywhere in my body. Stress causes cortison to increase which causes glucose in your blood to rise which feeds the candida all throughout your body and spreads like a grass fire. Not to mention high stress shuts your immune system down as well. It’s just hard to believe that it could attack me that quickly in less than a months time.

Able900
    Spectator

shayfo;44144 wrote: I believe Able, who is legitimately recovered (as opposed to my mostly-there recovery), still takes VCO daily and eats jalapeños and brussels sprouts semi-regularly, but he can probably answer that more accurately than I can.

Yes ma’am, that’s exactly what I do. VCO every day unless the day is just too busy to remember, which isn’t very often. VCO isn’t just good for yeast or Candida; it’s a general health tonic which I think everyone would benefit from taking quite often. Brussels sprouts and jalapeno, both natural antifungals, as you wrote are a part of my weekly diet as well (rutabaga stills sucks mean even though I ate it regularly during the treatment).

By the way, a little short update here; I attended three different parties over the weekend, Friday through Sunday, and wasn’t shy with the cakes, etc. since they were sort of made for me. No results whatsoever at this point and I don’t expect any since I tested myself far more than this over a year ago. But for everyone’s info I’m doing a ‘clean’ diet this week because I believe in maintenance.

Able

shayfo

I would try not to add to your stress by comparing your die-off too closely to mine, Smitty. Everyone’s experience is different! The only real common denominator is that we feel like complete shit for a while, and then a little less, and then finally we don’t anymore :p I think there’s a huge list of die-off symptoms somewhere on here, where you can probably find everything you’re going through.

shayfo

Able900;44149 wrote:

I believe Able, who is legitimately recovered (as opposed to my mostly-there recovery), still takes VCO daily and eats jalapeños and brussels sprouts semi-regularly, but he can probably answer that more accurately than I can.

Yes ma’am, that’s exactly what I do. VCO every day unless the day is just too busy to remember, which isn’t very often. VCO isn’t just good for yeast or Candida; it’s a general health tonic which I think everyone would benefit from taking quite often. Brussels sprouts and jalapeno, both natural antifungals, as you wrote are a part of my weekly diet as well (rutabaga stills sucks mean even though I ate it regularly during the treatment).

By the way, a little short update here; I attended three different parties over the weekend, Friday through Sunday, and wasn’t shy with the cakes, etc. since they were sort of made for me. No results whatsoever at this point and I don’t expect any since I tested myself far more than this over a year ago. But for everyone’s info I’m doing a ‘clean’ diet this week because I believe in maintenance.

Able

happy belated birthday? hmmm?

Smitty99

shayfo;44150 wrote: I would try not to add to your stress by comparing your die-off too closely to mine, Smitty. Everyone’s experience is different! The only real common denominator is that we feel like complete shit for a while, and then a little less, and then finally we don’t anymore :p I think there’s a huge list of die-off symptoms somewhere on here, where you can probably find everything you’re going through.

Thanks Shayfo, you’re absolutely right. I’m probably unintentionally stressing myself out more by wondering and stressing out if I’m progressing or not thus prolonging this awful nightmare. I feel like if I could get my head under control and my throat feeling better, I could actually do my normal activities but like Able said before, thrush is one of the last things to leave unfortunately.

I need to stop researching for a while cause your mind can never get a break.

I’m going to be switching to VCO this week as my antifungal of choice since yeast cannot get used to it. Is VCO strong enough to use as my only antifungal? or should I combine it with something else?

I’ve been stupid and not been taking Vitamin C during this either. That’s probably prolonged this too. I can’t believe I missed that. I was too focused on the molybdemum lol.

I’m just glad to hear how well you’re doing after such a short period of time and hope I can follow in your footsteps. (Well not a short period of time, 2-5 months is nothing to sneeze at, but in comparison to people who said it’s taken them over a year, scares me to death)

Smitty99

Able

I heard you can make rutabaga into oven fries. Have you ever tried that? I’ve never had rutabaga before. But fries sounds a lot better than salad at this point lol.

Happy b day! I hope I can eat cake on mine in October haha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Laryngitis from Thrush?’ is closed to new replies.