LAKANTO

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ewelina
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Is it yes or no for this one? I am very confusead with all the informations… Any of candida suffers is using it maybe? Some knowledge:

“Lakanto® is made by Saraya Co., Ltd, a Japan-based international health and environmental company. In 1995, Saraya Co. formulators struck gold, almost literally! They developed a golden-brown natural sweetener by adding a high purity extract of the Chinese fruit Monk Fruit (Luo Han Guo) to erythritol, a sugar alcohol made of fermented glucose.

The resulting sweetener had absolutely zero calories and a glycemic index of zero. It closely matched the sweetness profile of table sugar and could be used in cooking, baking, coffee and tea. Best of all, it contained no additives and tasted great!

They called this sweetener Lakanto®, Japanese for “sweet fruit.” Over the next decade, it became the #1 selling natural sugar substitute in Japan. Fourteen years later, it is still going strong and remains the only sweetener that combines Monk Fruit (Luo Han Guo) extract and erythritol. (…)”

“(…) Is this one-to-one sugar substitute that is zero on the glycemic index, zero-calorie and safe for diabetics, hypoglycemics, those with candida and anyone committed to a healthy sugar-free lifestyle too good to be true?(…)”

And now, apparently, Luo Han Guo doesn’t feed candida… truth?

“A new antibacterial compound from Luo Han Kuo fruit extract (Siraitia grosvenori).Luo Han Kuo fruit (Siraitia grosvenori Swingle) has been used in China for centuries as a sweetening agent, and also used to treat sore throat and cough. In our recent study, a new bioactive compound, (2R,3S,4S)-2,3-trans-3,4-cis-5,3′-bimethoxy-7-(trans-2-propenal)-3,4-flavandiol (1), named siraitiflavandiol was obtained. The structure has been determined on the basis of spectroscopic studies including 1D and 2D NMR ((1)H, (13)C NMR, (1)H-(1)H COSY, HSQC, HMBC, and NOESY), CD, EI-MS, and HR-EI-MS spectra. The new compound was evaluated in vitro for its inhibitory ability against the growth of oral bacterial species Streptococcus mutans, Porphyromonas gingivalis, and yeast Candida albicans. The minimum inhibitory concentrations were 6, 24, and 6 microg/ml, respectively.”

The only problem is I do not understand this one that much…

And about the alcohol:
    “Lakanto is made in Japan by a special fermentation process and this does result in a very small amount of alcohol. The amount is so minute, though, that the end product is not alcoholic and does not feed candida”

I will appreciate any help
    Cheers!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I personally would stick to stevia and for special treats, consume maybe some coconut sugar or agave sugar but I would not consume these weird sweeteners a whole bunch in general.

-raster

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

I wouldn’t consume such “vague” stuff either.

Stevia is fine, but don’t overdo it. If you use stevia for all your sweetening needs, you easily consume more than the maximum allowed daily intake. Remember that there are doubts as to whether stevia may be carcinogenic, so you’d better not exceed the maximum daily dose.

Rabelais

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘LAKANTO’ is closed to new replies.