Lactose-free milk

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Lactose-free milk

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Candida Hub 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gaga25
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 1

Can we have lactose-free milk on the diet?
    I’m not ready for kefir since it’s been less that 2 weeks since starting the diet.

The ingredients of the lactose-free milk are:

Partly skimmed milk
    lactase (enzyme)
    vitamin A
    palmitate
    vitamin D3

I mean the ingredients seem fine but one thing i’m confused about is that it says 12g of sugar/per 250 mL making me wonder where it’s coming from… Hope I don’t sound dumb?
    Any answers?

Thank you!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

gaga25 wrote: I mean the ingredients seem fine but one thing i’m confused about is that it says 12g of sugar/per 250 mL making me wonder where it’s coming from…

The manufacturers of lactose-free milk add lactase to their milk (note difference in spelling). The lactase converts about 70 to 100% of the lactose into glucose and galactose; these are two sugars that are easier to digest than lactose. This is why milk in general shouldn’t be consumed on the diet – it’s going to feed the Candida regardless of what the manufacturers do to it.

Able

Candida Hub
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 24

Don’t forget that cows are pumped full of antibiotics and hormones (unless organically farmed) and these will be present in their milk – another reason to steer clear!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Lactose-free milk’ is closed to new replies.