Lactose feeding Candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Lactose feeding Candida

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Wiley200 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cf12345
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Hello,
    Started on the Candida diet 6 days ago (a stricter version with only non-starchy vegetables, some oils, herbs and eggs). Until yesterday took a probiotic containing sugar and lactose, current one contains only lactose. How much do you think this tiny amount of lactose (milk sugar) will inhibit my progress? I read somewhere that eliminating sugar 100% in all forms will make the starved Candida much more agressive so that it bores its way to blood vessels, feeding on blood sugar and making the problem systematic and much harder to beat. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

A tiny amount of sugar in a supplement is not going to have much of an effect either way. It’s more that big sources of added sugars and concentrated natural sugars that you need to avoid. The candida diet is not supposed to be a full keto diet. It’s a low-carb diet, not a no-carb diet.

cf12345
    Participant
    Replies: 1

Thanks for the reply! Do you think starving the Candida too much will have the reverse effect of it becoming more aggressive as opposed to dying off?

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

I think there’s some evidence that going zero-care will prompt the candida to feed on ketones and/or fats. But you should be able to get enough carbs from veggies, flours etc

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lactose feeding Candida’ is closed to new replies.